Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's a bigot, news at 11

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Trump's a bigot, news at 11

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:19 pm
So you are completely absolving him of any culpability on the assumption that these people did this on their own with no influence from his words or actions?
If nothing he said could be reasonably interpreted as suggesting that people break in violently, then I fail to see where culpability attaches.
Good lord man… these people didn’t think to do this in a vacuum…

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:05 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:19 pm
So you are completely absolving him of any culpability on the assumption that these people did this on their own with no influence from his words or actions?
If nothing he said could be reasonably interpreted as suggesting that people break in violently, then I fail to see where culpability attaches.
Good lord man… these people didn’t think to do this in a vacuum…
You have to grasp how beemers mind works. It's all literal and black & white with him. He doesn't have the capability to understand nuance. If Trump didn't literally say the words, "Storm the Capitol!!" or "Steal Me Votes!!", he cannot conceive of the possibility that that is what Trump really means when he utters his hate speech. Christ, he virtually said, "Steal Me Votes" to Raffsenberger, and he doesn't believe it.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:29 am
You and bmw hear what you want to hear. But to those of us who use brain matter, it was as plain as day.
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:25 pm
You have to grasp how beemers mind works. It's all literal and black & white with him. He doesn't have the capability to understand nuance. If Trump didn't literally say the words, "Storm the Capitol!!" or "Steal Me Votes!!", he cannot conceive of the possibility that that is what Trump really means when he utters his hate speech.
It is quite comical putting these 2 different statements one after the other.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:28 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:29 am
You and bmw hear what you want to hear. But to those of us who use brain matter, it was as plain as day.
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:25 pm
You have to grasp how beemers mind works. It's all literal and black & white with him. He doesn't have the capability to understand nuance. If Trump didn't literally say the words, "Storm the Capitol!!" or "Steal Me Votes!!", he cannot conceive of the possibility that that is what Trump really means when he utters his hate speech.
It is quite comical putting these 2 different statements one after the other.
How are the statements different? Trump is virtually yelling from a mountaintop what a crook he is. You refuse to believe it.
The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:44 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:34 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:23 pm
It goes deeper than that. Trump could rape or murder a loved one and they'd create a justification. It's a seriously deranged disorder.
You have the aforementioned disorder when it comes to defending the behavior of anyone and everyone associated with the University of Michigan.
Nice Dodge.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:59 pm

It’s all going to boil down to Election Day/week/month 2024.

In the seven swing states, How many republicans will hold their nose and pull the lever for trump, vs being unenthused and staying home. Many blacks were unenthused for Hillary in 2016 and did not vote.

And how many deep progressives (and Palestinian/hamas supporters), the same ones voting ‘uncommitted’ in many Dem primaries, will hold their nose and vote for Biden vs voting for RFK or Jill Stein or Cornell west, as a protest vote or,vote,of conscience.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic