Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Eight More Years

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Eight More Years

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:37 pm

A piece in the American Conservative proposes that because Trump being re-elected this year would be non-consecutive terms the 22nd amendment wouldn’t apply to him and he should be free to run again in 2028 if Republicans nominate him again. In other words they are laying the ground work to try to make him permanent and soften everybody up to the idea. The arguments made here are a joke. Apparently in this guys world the folks who wrote it couldn’t imagine that someone would be so popular and denying the people the right to have him again is anti-Democratic and immoral.

Expect more pieces like this:
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/trump-2028/

I for one am sick and tired of the guy… he’s become boring and the act got old a long time ago.

Matt

Re: Eight More Years

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:03 pm

I think Peter wants to Tongue(tte) Trump's ass.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

That means Obama could run again...
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:37 pm
A piece in the American Conservative proposes that because Trump being re-elected this year would be non-consecutive terms the 22nd amendment wouldn’t apply to him and he should be free to run again in 2028 if Republicans nominate him again...
That's not how I read it. They didn't argue that it wouldn't apply to him; rather, they argue it is unfair and that it should be repealed.
The case of Donald Trump, however, makes an even more forceful ethical argument against the Twenty-second Amendment and for its repeal: If a man who once was president returns, after a series of years, to stand again for the office and proves so popular as to earn a second nonconsecutive term—as Trump seems bound to do—to deny him the right to run for a second consecutive term cuts against basic fair play. If, by 2028, voters feel Trump has done a poor job, they can pick another candidate; but if they feel he has delivered on his promises, why should they be denied the freedom to choose him once more?
Not gonna happen. And I think 2 terms is plenty.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:35 pm

So the same crowd that screams about the need for term limits in the House and Senate want to repeal the 22nd Amendment so Fat Donnie can stay in office as long as he's alive. Makes sense.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:45 pm

No one said these people were smart. Saw an idiot with an American flag painted over the entirety of his back windshield. He rode the middle turn lane for 5 blocks turning into the nearby fundy church. Truly brain dead people out here....
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic