Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

If...

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:11 pm

Heard this question posed on one of the podcasts I listen to. Albeit somewhat rhetorical, I thought it was something to ponder.
If the left is in favor of removing LEGAL guns from the population because it might save lives, why are they against removing ILLEGAL immigrant criminals from the population for the same reason?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: If...

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:11 pm
Heard this question posed on one of the podcasts I listen to. Albeit somewhat rhetorical, I thought it was something to ponder.
If the left is in favor of removing LEGAL guns from the population because it might save lives, why are they against removing ILLEGAL immigrant criminals from the population for the same reason?
You mean like the ones that get arrested and removed from the population when they do things that are illegal? A gun is pretty obviously a weapon of death or injury. You don’t chop down a tree or hammer in a nail with it. It’s a unitasker. Trying to tell who is gonna go murder someone is not nearly so obvious. Considering this uptick began in the middle of 2018 with a pause for COVID I would say this is clearly a bipartisan failure.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:33 pm

Beside the fact that merely entering the United States the way many illegal immigrants do is Illegal, when they are arrested, they are let go. In some cases put on a bus or an airplane and given a free ride somewhere. Case in point:
According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Jose Antonio Ibarra and his wife entered the United States near El Paso, Texas, in September 2022. After being arrested and released, his wife told the New York Post they were put on a bus and sent to New York.
Ibarra’s wife told the New York Post he was making food deliveries about a year later when police in Queens, New York, arrested him for endangering her 5-year-old son. At that point Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) could have taken Ibarra into custody, but according to a written ICE statement, “he was released by the NYPD before a detainer could be issued.” Not only did the NYPD NOT notify ICE about having him in custody, they let him go before ICE could even check. Strike one.

t was only about a month after Ibarra’s arrest in New York that he and his brother were accused of stealing from a Walmart in Athens.

According to the police report, the two allegedly took bacon, smoked sausage, queso fresco cheese and some clothes. They were given a citation for misdemeanor shoplifting and let go again without notifying ICE. Strike two.

Sadly, the tragic and unnecessary death of Laken Riley was strike three
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:38 pm

Are you really suggesting that everyone crossing the border is coming to commit crimes rather than seeking a better life?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:38 pm
Are you really suggesting that everyone crossing the border is coming to commit crimes rather than seeking a better life?
He's a demonstrated bigot, of course he sees only criminals.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:55 pm

I am called him Bryce Britt from now on. The two would make a perfect couple.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:57 pm

Matt wrote:
💯

These incidents are the exception and not the rule and latching onto them for political reasons is despicable. They could give a rats ass about Laken Riley. The Republicans trying to make hay out of it keep calling her Lincoln. Even after MTG told Biden to pronounce it that way they make hay out of him saying that and ignore that they can’t get it right either. Trump autographed her picture with “I love you Laken” which is creepy as hell.

Im sorry she died but it could have just as easily been a random citizen grabbing her in an alley. Legal status has no bearing on capability of bashing someone over the head.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 pm

Matt wrote:
No more than a legaly owned gun is going to get up and murder someone.

Do we really need to import more criminals? We certainly have enough of our own.

Don't we have opportunities to enter this country legally?

As far as being bigoted, you guys are all bigots too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:20 pm

If this isn't a discussion to make Bryce feel about himself, I don't know what is.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 pm
Matt wrote:

Do we really need to import more criminals? We certainly have enough of our own.

If you're prioritizing guns over humans, that's pretty awful. How do you suggest we allow for documenting new immigrants?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
You're right, I hate old white assholes who can't understand what freedom means.
― Noam Chomsky

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:11 pm
You should be happy… it gives you more targets to practice your rock throwing… :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:04 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:25 pm
Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:

If you're prioritizing guns over humans, that's pretty awful.
OK, so you're on record as wanting more criminals and fentanyl crossing our border. You're quite the humanitarian.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:05 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:46 pm
Bryce wrote:
You're right, I hate old white assholes who can't understand what freedom means.
Haters gonna hate.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:20 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:04 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:25 pm
Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:

If you're prioritizing guns over humans, that's pretty awful.
OK, so you're on record as wanting more criminals and fentanyl crossing our border. You're quite the humanitarian.
That’s not what he’s on record as saying. I also recall us having a fentanyl crisis under Trump. He did diddly squat except talk about it. The argument about criminals is an extremely weak strongman.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic