Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Even Mike Pence knows Trump is a fucking disaster and won't endorse the facist.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Re: Even Mike Pence knows Trump is a fucking disaster and won't endorse the facist.

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:03 pm

https://www.shrm.org/topics-tools/news/ ... -workforce

Except the administration attempted to require private employers to require proof of vaccination or regular testing. If an employer wants to do that on their own, that’s one thing. The government attempted to force them to do it, and that’s where my problem with it lies.
Thankfully SCOTUS killed it.

Rate This

Re: Even Mike Pence knows Trump is a fucking disaster and won't endorse the facist.

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:49 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:03 pm
https://www.shrm.org/topics-tools/news/ ... -workforce

Except the administration attempted to require private employers to require proof of vaccination or regular testing. If an employer wants to do that on their own, that’s one thing. The government attempted to force them to do it, and that’s where my problem with it lies.
Thankfully SCOTUS killed it.
Large employers... so those with more than 100 employees. It's still not fascism... it's an extension of all the other mandates we've had for one reason or another since the early 20th century... Previous generations of Americans just accepted it as part of the price of living and protests and a brouhaha like we saw in 2020 over this stuff was simply unthinkable. We have become decidedly more libertarian and self-focused over the past couple of decades on things and become far more likely to shout Freedom! at the drop of a hat.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:52 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:47 pm
Rate this, you knocked it out of the park.
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:00 pm
zzand wrote:
💯

You write brilliantly, RT.
Would you believe I once had aspirations to do political commentary but couldn't figure out how to break into it?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:27 pm

zzand wrote:
Yeah. All the way into LEFT field.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:52 pm

Would you believe I once had aspirations to do political commentary but couldn't figure out how to break into it?

The small town where I lived most of my life had one radio station. On election night they would always invite me to join their "Panel of Experts" :lol: during their election results broadcast.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:07 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:27 pm
zzand wrote:
Yeah. All the way into LEFT field.
With all due respect you are so far to the right that even a well thought out, measured and fairly centrist response such as mine would be seen as leftist. AOC that was not.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:57 am

Another high profile Republican speaks out against the thin-skinned wannabe dictator: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 009793007/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:49 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:57 am
Another high profile Republican speaks out against the thin-skinned wannabe dictator: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 009793007/
but yet
“I plan to vote for a Republican for the presidency of the United States,” Cassidy said, not mentioning Trump by name.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic