Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Languages

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Languages

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:05 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:01 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:56 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:09 pm
If we take Beemers logic to its conclusion then John Kerry and Mitt Romney were shoe-ins for their respective races and it was case closed in March. As I recall they both lost.
Do you think I can get him to buy my stash of Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson September Heisman shirts?
:lol: Don't forget Joe Milton!
Milton was a Practice Heisman.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
You're leaving the one most important number out of your analysis. Biden's approval rating. It sits at 41 percent (RCP average).

Trump's approval rating was around 45-46% right before the 2020 election when he lost. Biden's hasn't cracked 45 since 2021. And it has been on a shockingly STABLE very slow decline for the past 12 months.

I said this months ago in here - Biden's approval rating is not going to recover. Ever. At his age, Biden doesn't have what it takes to get it to go back up. It is hopelessly stuck in the low 40s.

If Trump couldn't get re-elected with a 45 percent approval rating, there's no way Biden is going to get it done at 41.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
You're leaving the one most important number out of your analysis. Biden's approval rating. It sits at 41 percent (RCP average).

Trump's approval rating was around 45-46% right before the 2020 election when he lost. Biden's hasn't cracked 45 since 2021. And it has been on a shockingly STABLE very slow decline for the past 12 months.

I said this months ago in here - Biden's approval rating is not going to recover. Ever. At his age, Biden doesn't have what it takes to get it to go back up. It is hopelessly stuck in the low 40s.

If Trump couldn't get re-elected with a 45 percent approval rating, there's no way Biden is going to get it done at 41.
But he’s running against Trump who couldn’t get re-elected in the first place…. And it’s not like Trump is suddenly more popular with some untapped subset of people after being completely underwater the entire time he’s been out there. He’s not winning new converts or something. And making an age quip? Dude they are 3 years apart… anything about “at his age” automatically applies to Trump. Under normal circumstances his 41% would be a problem… but Trump scares the hell out of enough people to have them hit the Biden button just to not get Trump. Approval or not be damned. They also haven’t campaigned yet so the idea that his approval is locked at 41 or lower permanently is premature. They’ve focused on governing rather than his approval rating. Holding rallies all the time while you’re president in non-election years the way Trump did isn’t normal.

Instead of a neutral analyst you’ve become someone who wants the statistics to prove his desired outcome. You go do that… it worked well in 2022.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:46 pm

Before I believe a 'poll' I would like to know the METHOD used to get the numbers. Phone calling? Standing outside a diner? or bumper stickers. So few people have land lines to call and most cell owners don't answer unless they know who's calling.
Years ago I watched a Political Science professor show how just the phrasing of the question can totally change the response. This may be why so many polls are wrong on voting day.
So what were the questions and who did they ask via what media, Phone, text, Faceplant, in-person or tea leaves?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:10 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 pm
Rate This wrote:

You win the internet today. :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:51 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:10 am
You win the internet today. :rollin
I almost added the (no pun intended) disclaimer and worded it "At his age, Biden doesn't have what it takes to get it back up" but I thought nah, I'll keep it clean. Then you come along :lol

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:57 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:46 pm
Before I believe a 'poll' I would like to know the METHOD used to get the numbers. Phone calling? Standing outside a diner? or bumper stickers. So few people have land lines to call and most cell owners don't answer unless they know who's calling.
Years ago I watched a Political Science professor show how just the phrasing of the question can totally change the response. This may be why so many polls are wrong on voting day.
So what were the questions and who did they ask via what media, Phone, text, Faceplant, in-person or tea leaves?
I believe at one time Rate This gave a good synopsis of the nuts and bolts of poll taking. Perhaps he'll do it again.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:20 pm

What seems to get lost is about Forty percent of Republican voters want someone other than trump. So his base is solid but that base is not enough to win. He isn't doing overly well with undecided, independent or that 40 percent and without the majority of them he can't win against his equally senile opponent.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:59 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:20 pm
What seems to get lost is about Forty percent of Republican voters want someone other than trump. So his base is solid but that base is not enough to win. He isn't doing overly well with undecided, independent or that 40 percent and without the majority of them he can't win against his equally senile opponent.
That’s my general point. I agree 100% with this assessment.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:12 pm

Yesterday in Trumps latest rally gaffe:
Trump: Shortly after we win the presidency, I will have the horrible war between Russia and Ukraine settled. I know them both very well and we will restore peace through strength. Get that war settled. It's a bad war. And Putin has so little respect for Obama that he's starting to throw around the nuclear word [unintelligible].
Of course with Obama at 60% approval if he wasn’t term limited he would wipe the floor with Trump.

And his North Carolina rally featured several:
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/donald ... telligible

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:59 pm
zzand wrote:
I too agree with zzand. Forty percent of Republican voters would like someone other than Trump. But if it ends up Joe vs. The Donald, which will they choose?

I'm thinking most of that 40 percent are going to grumble under their breath as they vote for Trump. Very few of that 40 percent are going to vote for Biden or a third party instead. And none of them are going to sit it out.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:04 am

Round Six wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:59 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:59 pm
zzand wrote:
I too agree with zzand. Forty percent of Republican voters would like someone other than Trump. But if it ends up Joe vs. The Donald, which will they choose?

I'm thinking most of that 40 percent are going to grumble under their breath as they vote for Trump. Very few of that 40 percent are going to vote for Biden or a third party instead. And none of them are going to sit it out.
Many of the people in that 40% are hard no on Trump actually… the exit polls have consistently shown that.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:04 am
Many of the people in that 40% are hard no on Trump actually… the exit polls have consistently shown that.
Okay fine. Sure it's a hard No UNTIL the they draw the curtain. So who they going to vote for? In the booth they gotta make a choice. I'm thinking it won't be no Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Won't be no coin toss. And it won't be Joe.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:34 pm

In my case it will be third party

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:11 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:34 pm
In my case it will be third party
Prepare to get blasted for voicing your democratic right to vote for whoever you think is best qualified for the job.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic