Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Languages

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Languages

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 am

"Nobody can explain to me how allowing millions of people from places unknown, from countries unknown, who don’t speak languages—we have languages coming into our country—we have nobody that even speaks those languages. They’re truly foreign languages. Nobody speaks them,” he said. “And they’re pouring into our country, and they’re bringing with them tremendous problems, including medical problems, as you know.”

- Donald J Trump, March 1st 2024

WTF?

I never want to hear diddly about Biden's cognitive fitness for office again after that little demonstration of a dying brain.

Rate This

Re: Languages

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:51 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 am
"Nobody can explain to me how allowing millions of people from places unknown, from countries unknown, who don’t speak languages—we have languages coming into our country—we have nobody that even speaks those languages. They’re truly foreign languages. Nobody speaks them,” he said. “And they’re pouring into our country, and they’re bringing with them tremendous problems, including medical problems, as you know.”

WTF?

I never want to hear diddly about Biden's cognitive fitness for office again after that little demonstration of a dying brain.
He’s got something cognitively wrong with him. And it’s beyond the misplaced word thing Biden does.

Have a gander at a comparison of him at CPAC 2014 and then 2024:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2NFOcUnLl8

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:24 pm

WTF?

That's the definite sign of a "stable genius" right there!

Just pushing more of the xenophobia that MAGAts gobble up...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:30 pm

WTF?

Easy explanation: he's a fucking moron.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:08 pm

But Biden was eating ice cream.
The censorship king from out of state.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:18 pm

WTF?

Millions of his cultists have similar dead brains and eat that shit up. Trump may be a moron, but he is smart enough to know his followers are morons as well and can be controlled to do whatever he says.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:45 pm

I can sense the panic setting in.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:45 pm
What sort of panic? Us or you? Because the gut feeling is Trump is weaker than he looks and clearly slipping mentally. Nobody here is panicked but you should be.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm

bmw wrote:
It's cute that you think your hero has a chance.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm
bmw wrote:
He wants so bad to be right, he doesn't care that this treasonous, Russia-loving idiot is gonna be in charge of this country.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:51 pm

Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
It's going to happen.

It shouldn't. But you gotta be pragmatic. It will not be a good thing. It's not something I myself want. But it is what it is. Unless he gets sick, it's going to happen. Even Democrat leaders are bracing and preparing for what they consider the inevitable.

When Costas says "Biden must step aside, (he's) no longer a compelling alternative to Trump", you can rest assured he's not just speaking for himself.

Maher has been saying the same thing on his show. Joe isn't going to beat Donald. Not going to happen. It's killing him to say it. But he's being pragmatic.

You can fill Buzzboard up with very valid reasons why Donald J. Trump should never be president again. And it's entertaining that keyboard cowboys like you think there's no way it's going to happen. But Costas and Maher and too many others that don't base all their thoughts on the warm screen glare(tm) of a device know better.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Round Six wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:51 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
It's going to happen.

It shouldn't. But you gotta be pragmatic. It will not be a good thing. It's not something I myself want. But it is what it is. Unless he gets sick, it's going to happen. Even Democrat leaders are bracing and preparing for what they consider the inevitable.

When Costas says "Biden must step aside, (he's) no longer a compelling alternative to Trump", you can rest assured he's not just speaking for himself.

Maher has been saying the same thing on his show. Joe isn't going to beat Donald. Not going to happen. It's killing him to say it. But he's being pragmatic.

You can fill Buzzboard up with very valid reasons why Donald J. Trump should never be president again. And it's entertaining that keyboard cowboys like you think there's no way it's going to happen. But Costas and Maher and too many others that don't base all their thoughts on the warm screen glare(tm) of a device know better.
Hardly a certainty. I'd say it's 50/50 at this point.

I don't know how anyone can be so confident of Trumps chances though. Lost in 2020 He basically lost the Senate for them in 2022. He is hardly "expanding his coallition". The key is Bidens turnout, in the battleground states. We're 8 months from voting. That's an eternity.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:09 pm

Round Six wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:51 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
It's going to happen.

Maher and Costas both need attention and are saying what gets them there. Trump's underlying numbers aren't very good and that's been consistent. We don't see the same sort of issue on the Democratic side of the race. The media is propping Trump's status up and even giving him favorable headlines. We saw this most recently in Michigan but this phenomenon was also present in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. In Michigan Trump UNDERPERFORMING the polls by 10 got headlines like "Trump wins Michigan in blowout" while Biden winning while OVERPERFORMING the polls was met with "warning signs for Biden amid large uncommitted vote". Yes 100,000 voted uncommitted... it amounted to 13% which is statical noise compared to the same 12% when Obama ran in 2012. So that 100,000 isn't significant the way some want it to be... it's in proportion to turnout. Trump has consistently underperformed expectations while Biden has slightly exceeded them. When you listen to people who are looking at this from an analytical standpoint and not talking heads they are not sounding the alarm.

Besides.... it's way too late in the process to change horses now and doing so would only be an unmitigated disaster. There is no clear candidate, the primary filing deadlines are all in the rear view mirror now and a brokered convention would be demoralizing. Not gonna happen.

Not only that but as Honeyman says... a week is a lifetime in Politics... 8 months is an eternity. Democrats did well in 2023 and so far in 2024 as well. Plus Biden overperforming and Trump underperforming with much higher turnout on the Democratic side (a proxy for enthusiasm) and the results of the polls in the senate races... something is up with the narrative and the polls of the presidential race. Most of that is a friendly media trying to create a horse race and a rash of GOP-leaning polls. The major neutral players aren't really involved yet. To top it off... Biden is gonna start actively campaigning with the State of the Union in a few days. It's hard to see how we can judge anything when the guy who is ostensibly leading has been campaigning endlessly since 2021 and the other guy hasn't really started yet.

If we take Beemers logic to its conclusion then John Kerry and Mitt Romney were shoe-ins for their respective races and it was case closed in March. As I recall they both lost.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:09 pm
If we take Beemers logic to its conclusion then John Kerry and Mitt Romney were shoe-ins for their respective races and it was case closed in March. As I recall they both lost.
Do you think I can get him to buy my stash of Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson September Heisman shirts?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:56 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:09 pm
Do you think I can get him to buy my stash of Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson September Heisman shirts?
:lol: Don't forget Joe Milton!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic