Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's happened again

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

It's happened again

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:45 am

An Illinois judge ruled Wednesday that former President Donald Trump should be taken off the ballot for the state’s primary election, citing the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Cook County Circuit Court Judge Tracie R. Porter put her order on pause in anticipation of an appeal. The primary is March 19.

Porter’s ruling said that "based on engaging in insurrection on January 6, 2021, ... his name should be removed from the ballot."

bmw

Re: It's happened again

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:50 am

A Circuit Court judge in the county where Chicago is located - a county which went 74% to Biden in 2020 - ruled against Trump?

The hell you say??!!

Amazing how many judges are finding as a matter of law that Trump is guilty of engaging in insurrection when he's never been so much as criminally charged with, let alone convicted of, such a violation of the law.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:58 am

If the SCOTUS decision comes down against him, which I seriously doubt, it will be a moot point. Every state will drop him. I think, but am not sure, write ins wouldn't be counted either.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:58 am

IF that were to happen, be prepared for civil war, because that is what would ensue.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:08 am

Hell yes it would happen

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:22 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:50 am
A Circuit Court judge in the county where Chicago is located - a county which went 74% to Biden in 2020 - ruled against Trump?

The hell you say??!!

Amazing how many judges are finding as a matter of law that Trump is guilty of engaging in insurrection when he's never been so much as criminally charged with, let alone convicted of, such a violation of the law.
Insurrection itself isn’t a crime specifically in the law. It’s exceedingly difficult to charge someone with something that isn’t in the code. However I believe there are other myriad crime categories that add up to an insurrection and give reason to use the 14th amendment.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:57 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:58 am
IF that were to happen, be prepared for civil war, because that is what would ensue.
I don't think so.

It's great that those here on Buzzboard share a passion for politics. No matter which side of the fence you rally for. And if more Americans were as assiduous as you, we wouldn't be in this political jam we are in now. Elected officials would be held much more accountable than they are now.

But most Americans don't care what Washington (or Lansing) does. As long as they are comfortable in their own little world, the follies don't interest them.

When's the last time you struck up a political conversation with a stranger? Stood in line at the Piggly Wiggly and called some elected official a no good rotten scoundrel, and it led to a civil 20 minute conversation between 2 people on the opposite side of the political spectrum. This is the sort of thing that happens in just about any other country. They sit in coffee shops and yell back and forth. But they also respect each other at the end of the chat and don't want to kill each other. And it keeps their elected officials on their toes.

Civil war? Please. Even the storming of the capital. What did you have maybe 200 lug nuts? Whoopie. Any further "resurrection" like what happened 4 years ago will last as long as that one did. A one day event that the media has been regurgitating just about every day. Do you really think most Americans have the heart to participate in anything like that?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:00 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:57 am
bmw wrote:
I don't think so.

It's great that those here on Buzzboard share a passion for politics. No matter which side of the fence you rally for. And if more Americans were as assiduous as you, we wouldn't be in this political jam we are in now. Elected officials would be held much more accountable than they are now.

But most Americans don't care what Washington (or Lansing) does. As long as they are comfortable in their own little world, the follies don't interest them.

When's the last time you struck up a political conversation with a stranger? Stood in line at the Piggly Wiggly and called some elected official a no good rotten scoundrel, and it led to a civil 20 minute conversation between 2 people on the opposite side of the political spectrum. This is the sort of thing that happens in just about any other country. They sit in coffee shops and yell back and forth. But they also respect each other at the end of the chat and don't want to kill each other. And it keeps their elected officials on their toes.

Civil war? Please. Even the storming of the capital. What did you have maybe 200 lug nuts? Whoopie. Any further "resurrection" like what happened 4 years ago will last as long as that one did. A one day event that the media has been regurgitating just about every day. Do you really think most Americans have the heart to participate in anything like that?
No. In a country this big you would need millions at once… no way that happens. Civil war talk gets clicks but the folks in charge now and their followers don’t have the stones to go there.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:14 am

You have no idea how crazed the MAGA types are and what they will do.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:17 am

bmw wrote:
So these MAGAts:

versus the US Military?!?!?

GTFO. :rollin

Though, I guess it would be a great way to have the average IQ of the USA increase greatly by removing the lowest percentile! :hat
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:22 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:17 am
It's the Belly Brigade.
Last edited by Round Six on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:30 am

Actually I can see that being a practical offense. You know how the military will sometimes bomb a road to make it impassible? They can send BMW (Big Man Wide) ahead and create potholes.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:14 am
You have no idea how crazed the MAGA types are and what they will do.
But there aren't that many of them. Extreme "MAGA types" are a small minority of republican voters I truly believe.
I no longer directly engage trolls

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 am

There are millions of them. True they are a minority of the Republican party and because of that they alone won't be able to vote Big Orange back into the White House but they are enough in numbers to cause significant trouble. And who says the military will take orders to mow down their own citizens and then carry them out. I say 50/50.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:51 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 am
There are millions of them. True they are a minority of the Republican party and because of that they alone won't be able to vote Big Orange back into the White House but they are enough in numbers to cause significant trouble. And who says the military will take orders to mow down their own citizens and then carry them out. I say 50/50.
They will if fired upon...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic