Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Curious if you anti-abortion supporters agree with the Alabama Supreme Court ruling

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Curious if you anti-abortion supporters agree with the Alabama Supreme Court ruling

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:42 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 689378007/

People who have gone thru IVF WANT babies. This ruling seems so hypocritical to your beliefs. Can someone help me understand?

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Re: Curious if you anti-abortion supporters agree with the Alabama Supreme Court ruling

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:47 pm

A fried egg is a chicken.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Re: Curious if you anti-abortion supporters agree with the Alabama Supreme Court ruling

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:27 pm

It's Alabama
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:51 pm

I think it's great and playing out exactly how I thought it would. First, it was a given that conservatives/pro-lifer's were going to go after frozen embryos after their success crippling Roe v. Wade. It's all part of the same great crusade, so of course they would change the legal designation of the frozen egg to something they can use as a weapon without really addressing all that comes with it.

It should also be no surprise that IVF clinics have no interest in the liability that comes with the notion that the biomaterial they've been custodians of is now hundreds if not thousands of "children". Drop a vile in the lab? I guess that would be murder huh? Get a leak in the Dewer flask? Now you're Jim Jones. Hell yes I'm shutting down. We haven't even touched on what of the eggs that don't "take" and are routinely discarded?

That's just the technical side. If you have 100 eggs harvested, under the ruling I guess you'd have a case to make that you could take 100 child deductions on your taxes. Children are children right?

Maybe the best part is that its making it abundantly clear that the pols really don't give one fuck about how this affects the many couples attempting to build a family. I guess they should adopt since we're pushing science aside. I delight when I see exchanges like the recent one between slack-jawed idiot Tommy Tuberville and a reporter who asked what of these people and Tuberville's answer was "That's a hard one". That's right up there when Trump was asked why his health care initiatives failed, he said "Who knew healthcare would be so hard?".

So yes, this circus is particularly wonderful because if you asked some of our resident pro-lifer's how this makes any sense I'd wager their response wouldn't be much different than Tuberville, "That's a hard one". No shit.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:28 pm

Have been trying to make sense of it since I read it and no amount of thinking helps make sense of it so I agree with TC Talks, it's Alabama

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:41 pm

Trump has come out for IVF (I doubt he knows what it stands for) so you fools have your marching orders and can now take a stand.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-al ... 346d524c46

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:30 pm

Shocking I received zero replies from the "Pro-life ( :lol ) idiots on this board.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ivf-alab ... b85831e99b

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:06 pm

Was it noted that an average embryo has a higher IQ than an average Alabama resident?

It is odd that the king of the anti-choice crowd, Audiophile, is mia.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic