Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Loses NY Civil Suit: $355 Million

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump Loses NY Civil Suit: $355 Million

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:42 pm

Ouch... Trump now gets a court monitor to watch his business, and he can't serve in a leadership role in a New York business. His stupid kids also lost around 6 Million.
Trump Ordered to Pay $355 Million and Barred From New York Business
The ruling in Donald J. Trump’s civil fraud case could cost him all his available cash. The judge said that the former president’s “complete lack of contrition” bordered on pathological.

A New York judge on Friday handed Donald J. Trump a crushing defeat in his civil fraud case, finding the former president liable for conspiring to manipulate his net worth and ordering him to pay a penalty of $355 million that could wipe out his entire stockpile of cash.

The decision by Justice Arthur F. Engoron caps a chaotic, yearslong case in which New York’s attorney general put Mr. Trump’s fantastical claims of wealth on trial. With no jury, the power was in Justice Engoron’s hands alone, and he came down hard: The judge delivered a sweeping array of punishments that threatens the former president’s business empire as he simultaneously contends with four criminal prosecutions and seeks to regain the White House.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Re: Trump Loses NY Civil Suit: $355 Million

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:29 pm

You would be happier in a Communist country. Why don't you check into emigrating to one? North Korea is nice this time of year.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:52 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:29 pm
You would be happier in a Communist country. Why don't you check into emigrating to one? North Korea is nice this time of year.
Says somebody who wholeheartedly supports the man who lavishly praises Vladimir Putin.
The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:44 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:52 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Says somebody who wholeheartedly supports the man who lavishly praises Vladimir Putin.
HM Legit question: where did he do that? I even searched and I didn't see what you were referring to:

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/search.p ... mit=Search
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:21 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:44 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:52 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
HM Legit question: where did he do that? I even searched and I didn't see what you were referring to:

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/search.p ... mit=Search
Honestly? His comments on NATO recently don't sway you? How about his constant compliments on how Putin is a genius. Or remember that Helsinki conference when all the US intelligence agencies claimed they found Russia interference and he absolved Putin standing right next to him?

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about your alter ego Ben or Trump?
The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:28 pm

I was referring to who you were referring to. I don't think you were referring to Trump a few posts ago.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:23 am

If I understand the process correctly, if Trump is going to appeal he has to put up the money as a bond during the appeal process. If that is the case in the two cases he has now lost that is basically half a billion dollars. He doesn't have that kind of liquid assets and I doubt anyone will front the bond on either case. If this is the way it is done, how does he move forward without having to basically hold a fire sale to raise the cash?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:29 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:23 am
If I understand the process correctly, if Trump is going to appeal he has to put up the money as a bond during the appeal process. If that is the case in the two cases he has now lost that is basically half a billion dollars. He doesn't have that kind of liquid assets and I doubt anyone will front the bond on either case. If this is the way it is done, how does he move forward without having to basically hold a fire sale to raise the cash?
Elon Musk rushed to Mar-A-Lago right away apparently. Read into that what you will.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:03 am

Elon Musk is one of four people in this country I can think of who could put up that kind money.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:11 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:03 am
Elon Musk is one of four people in this country I can think of who could put up that kind money.
Oh, I hope he fronts the money. Based on Trump's record, Elon will never see it again.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:26 am

The other three are way too smart to front the money. They all know a bad investment when they see one.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:16 pm

Chicago Ray is a douchebag.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/truckers-tru ... aud-ruling

Want to prove you're a complete fucking moron? Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-t ... settlement
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:16 pm
Chicago Ray is a douchebag.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/truckers-tru ... aud-ruling

Want to prove you're a complete fucking moron? Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-t ... settlement
8,000 and only $384,000 of that $355,000,000 goal… :rollin

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:52 am

As far as Elena Cardone's GoFundMe, I gotta feeling she'll be accused of skimming "administrative fees" into her own pocket.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:41 pm

Michael Cohen lays out a few facts about the judgements against Trump. Interesting thoughts. He also remains a scumbag...

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic