Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump is DONE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Trump is DONE

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:25 am

So you would "prefer" the lesser of 2 evils but wouldn't actually vote for one? Talk about having it both ways :lol

That's a bizarre way, IMO, of trying to achieve some kind of moral high ground.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:29 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:25 am
So you would "prefer" the lesser of 2 evils but wouldn't actually vote for one? Talk about having it both ways :lol

That's a bizarre way, IMO, of trying to achieve some kind of moral high ground.
There is nothing I can do if the 2 major parties put up candidates I dislike, but vote for a third party.

I hate the Chiefs and the 49ers tomorrow too, but because I dislike KC less, I'll root for them.

Sorry you can't understand my way of thinking. Obviously, we look at many things differently.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:32 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:03 am
We don't lock up our political opponents.

Period.
We do lock up criminals. Trump definitely qualifies as a criminal. He has been one decades before politics.

91 Felony Indictments.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:32 am
bmw wrote:

Period.
We do lock up criminals. Trump definitely qualifies as a criminal. He has been one decades before politics.

91 Felony Indictments.
Do you think George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan were criminals?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:36 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:29 am
There is nothing I can do if the 2 major parties put up candidates I dislike, but vote for a third party.

I hate the Chiefs and the 49ers tomorrow too, but because I dislike KC less, I'll root for them.

Sorry you can't understand my way of thinking. Obviously, we look at many things differently.
I think you're missing my point, which is that you actually do WANT the lesser of 2 evils to win, yet you won't actually vote for that person, as if your hands are somehow clean but you can still be happy about the outcome.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:37 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:34 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:32 am
bmw wrote:

Period.

91 Felony Indictments.
Do you think George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan were criminals?
I can't comment on Reagan. I believe Rumsfeld was guilty of war crimes.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:43 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 am
bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:53 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:49 pm
You've already said you'd vote for Newsom, who even Honeyman admits belongs nowhere near the Oval office. So you've ceded the right to call others morons for who they vote for.

So I'm curious - which of Newsom's policies do you support?
Ask Honeyman who he would vote for between Trump and Newsom if he lived in a swing state.
I already asked him that EXACT question back in November of 2022. First I asked him if he'd vote for Newsom, to which he said no, that he has no problem voting third party. Then I followed that up by asking him if he'd vote for Newsom if he lived in Michigan. His answer? "I don't find him equally objectionable as Trump. But unlike you, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils if that person is deplorable in my eyes."

So there you have it. Honeyman's opinion of Newsom is that he is "deplorable."
FWIW, I don't like Gavin Newsom. I think he's a phony. Out for himself, dishonest, duplicit. Like most politicians, but smoother.

I live in California, so my vote will not sway who might win an election, certainly not for president, so I almost always vote 3rd party as my own "statement". If it was an election between Trump and Newsom, I would 100% prefer that Newsom won. The fact that I would not check his box is my personal matter.
So would you hold your nose if you didn’t have that California bubble to allow you to safely vote third party knowing the democrat is a lock? If you were in a state where the vote between the two was gonna be 10,000 or so apart would you still protest but hope Trump loses? And no you don’t know the 10,000 bit ahead of time. It’s a real nail biter… you are sick to your stomach worried about Newsom blowing this…

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:44 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:36 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:29 am

I think you're missing my point, which is that you actually do WANT the lesser of 2 evils to win, yet you won't actually vote for that person, as if your hands are somehow clean but you can still be happy about the outcome.
One choice is better than the other. That doesn't necessarily
make that choice ideal, simply better. That has nothing to do with keeping my hands clean, or having a higher moral terpitude than you. I know I can't change the world, and the 2 party system. All I have is my one vote.

Your issue is you only see things in black and white. You refuse to give 3rd parties even a consideration, as many other Americans. As a result, look at the choice we're stuck with.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:43 am
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
You've already said you'd vote for Newsom, who even Honeyman admits belongs nowhere near the Oval office. So you've ceded the right to call others morons for who they vote for.

Ask Honeyman who he would vote for between Trump and Newsom if he lived in a swing state.
I already asked him that EXACT question back in November of 2022. First I asked him if he'd vote for Newsom, to which he said no, that he has no problem voting third party. Then I followed that up by asking him if he'd vote for Newsom if he lived in Michigan. His answer? "I don't find him equally objectionable as Trump. But unlike you, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils if that person is deplorable in my eyes."

FWIW, I don't like Gavin Newsom. I think he's a phony. Out for himself, dishonest, duplicit. Like most politicians, but smoother.

I live in California, so my vote will not sway who might win an election, certainly not for president, so I almost always vote 3rd party as my own "statement". If it was an election between Trump and Newsom, I would 100% prefer that Newsom won. The fact that I would not check his box is my personal matter.
So would you hold your nose if you didn’t have that California bubble to allow you to safely vote third party knowing the democrat is a lock? If you were in a state where the vote between the two was gonna be 10,000 or so apart would you still protest but hope Trump loses? And no you don’t know the 10,000 bit ahead of time. It’s a real nail biter… you are sick to your stomach worried about Newsom blowing this…
I honestly don't know what I would do if I still lived in Michigan and my vote might actually count. I believe I would still vote third party, but the actual belief of a 2nd Trump term might indeed sway me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:50 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:48 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:43 am
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

I honestly don't know what I would do if I still lived in Michigan and my vote might actually count. I believe I would still vote third party, but the actual belief of a 2nd Trump term might indeed sway me.
You realize not being able to pull the lever for the one of the major candidates is how we got here right?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:57 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:44 am
One choice is better than the other. That doesn't necessarily make that choice ideal, simply better. That has nothing to do with keeping my hands clean, or having a higher moral terpitude than you. I know I can't change the world, and the 2 party system. All I have is my one vote.

Your issue is you only see things in black and white. You refuse to give 3rd parties even a consideration, as many other Americans. As a result, look at the choice we're stuck with.
I don't give third parties a consideration because they're not viable. When you have 2 viable choices, you pick one. Real life is full of having to pick from 2 choices when you don't necessarily like either, why should elections be any different? To use a work analogy, if your boss gives you a choice between A and B, and you pick C, let me know how many times you succeed in getting C as opposed to still getting stuck with A or B.

As an aside, as I've noted before, the primary system is supposed to act as a way of picking from more than 2 people. It is like the NFL's playoff system. NFC figures out its best team. AFC figures out its best team. Then those 2 go head-to-head to determine a winner.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:14 am

Awful lot of anger in this section this morning.

Why doesn't everyone stop by my house and I'll make the big breakfast. Home made hash browns, sausages, fried eggs and toast. We'll sit and have a nice, peaceful meal together.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:16 am

That's not what I see. What I see is people on both sides who are genuinely concerned about the future of our country. We just have wildly differences of opinion on both the means and the end.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:31 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:16 am
That's not what I see. What I see is people on both sides who are genuinely concerned about the future of our country. We just have wildly differences of opinion on both the means and the end.
And a hell of a lot of weapons. I'm with Mega... breakfast and not killing each other sounds pleasant.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:33 am

Neither of the main candidates is the means to any end that is good for our country. Biden will give us President Harris at some point during his second term and Trump will spend his entire term attempting revenge on his so called enimes and the country loses either way. We the people get fucked either way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic