Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump is DONE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Trump is DONE

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:13 pm

Only a complete moron would vote for that criminal thug.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: Trump is DONE

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:49 pm

You've already said you'd vote for Newsom, who even Honeyman admits belongs nowhere near the Oval office. So you've ceded the right to call others morons for who they vote for.

So I'm curious - which of Newsom's policies do you support?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:49 pm
You've already said you'd vote for Newsom, who even Honeyman admits belongs nowhere near the Oval office. So you've ceded the right to call others morons for who they vote for.

Ask Honeyman who he would vote for between Trump and Newsom if he lived in a swing state. Trump does not belong in the oval - it is stunning to me that you cannot see this. You are a smart person.
Last edited by Matt on Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:07 pm

You dodged my question. Which policies of Newsom's do you support? Can you name any?

And I'll explain as clearly as I can why I'll be voting for Trump and why I want to see him back in the Oval Office. It is because what certain people in power are trying to do to him since he left office is orders of magnitude worse than what he did on and in the aftermath of January 6th. There is a coordinated effort to lock him up for the rest of his life. We don't do that here in the United States. I opposed locking up Hillary. As much as I thought she deserved to end up behind bars, I was of the opinion that if that ever happened that Trump should pardon her.

Re-electing Trump is quite literally the only way to send the message that locking up past Presidents is not something we do here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:07 pm
You dodged my question. Which policies of Newsom's do you support? Can you name any?

And I'll explain as clearly as I can why I'll be voting for Trump and why I want to see him back in the Oval Office. It is because what certain people in power are trying to do to him since he left office is orders of magnitude worse than what he did on and in the aftermath of January 6th. There is a coordinated effort to lock him up for the rest of his life. We don't do that here in the United States. I opposed locking up Hillary. As much as I thought she deserved to end up behind bars, I was of the opinion that if that ever happened that Trump should pardon her.

Re-electing Trump is quite literally the only way to send the message that locking up past Presidents is not something we do here.
First of all… it’s not a coordinated effort. The guy is a complete fool that made unforced error after unforced error and he’s got to pay the piper at some point.

So what’s the line there? Can a former president murder someone? Rape them in broad daylight? Do we just excuse any and all behavior since they are a former president?

Because the argument that the president is above the law is absolute horseshit and we don’t do that here. That’s a king. We fought a revolution to get away from that kind of tyranny.
I can’t think of anything more antithetical to the founding principles of the country than what you are suggesting. We generally haven’t elected idiots to the presidency with the exception of Nixon who was paranoid beyond belief and it did him in. He should have faced the music and in hindsight Ford pardoning him set a bad precedent.

Re-electing Trump will unleash all kinds of insanity. It’s a Pandora’s box of funhouse tricks we don’t want to open. Camps for the homeless… firing all the civil servants in the executive branch and replacing them with toadies… attempting to establish Christianity as the official government sanctioned religion. Trying to lock up your political enemies on a revenge tour. Things we don’t do here.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:45 pm

bmw wrote:

Reread your submission here. You did not name one positive attribute or quality why you would vote for Trump. Nothing but vitriol as to the opposing side. Yet you are the first to criticize those who will vote for Biden as the "lesser of two evils".
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:45 pm
bmw wrote:

Reread your submission here. You did not name one positive attribute or quality why you would vote for Trump. Nothing but vitriol as to the opposing side. Yet you are the first to criticize those who will vote for Biden as the "lesser of two evils".
The cult is strong with that one.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:03 am

We don't lock up our political opponents.

Period.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:16 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:03 am

Period.
And nobody is. They are prosecuting a man who allegedly committed crimes that nobody forced him to commit or set him up for. He screwed himself six ways to Sunday. The only one talking about locking up political opponents is the guy you are cheerleading for and he regularly leads chants at his rallies where they scream about locking people up. Are you that dense?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:06 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:03 am

Period.
But you do start impeachment proceedings against President Biden for no damn good reason.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:55 am

bmw wrote:

Trump is a criminal thug who doesn't belong in office, and if Newsom is how we stop that, it is good enough for me. Your reasons for wanting Trump back are TERRIBLE, by the way. We need to clean our hands of the filth that is Donald Trump.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:39 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:06 am
But you do start impeachment proceedings against President Biden for no damn good reason.
When did I ever say I supported that? If I recall, I think at some point in here when talks of impeachment of Biden were first rumored that I would oppose such a move.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:53 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 pm
bmw wrote:

Ask Honeyman who he would vote for between Trump and Newsom if he lived in a swing state.
I already asked him that EXACT question back in November of 2022. First I asked him if he'd vote for Newsom, to which he said no, that he has no problem voting third party. Then I followed that up by asking him if he'd vote for Newsom if he lived in Michigan. His answer? "I don't find him equally objectionable as Trump. But unlike you, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils if that person is deplorable in my eyes."

So there you have it. Honeyman's opinion of Newsom is that he is "deplorable."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:53 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 pm
bmw wrote:

Ask Honeyman who he would vote for between Trump and Newsom if he lived in a swing state.
I already asked him that EXACT question back in November of 2022. First I asked him if he'd vote for Newsom, to which he said no, that he has no problem voting third party. Then I followed that up by asking him if he'd vote for Newsom if he lived in Michigan. His answer? "I don't find him equally objectionable as Trump. But unlike you, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils if that person is deplorable in my eyes."

So there you have it. Honeyman's opinion of Newsom is that he is "deplorable."
FWIW, I don't like Gavin Newsom. I think he's a phony. Out for himself, dishonest, duplicit. Like most politicians, but smoother.

I live in California, so my vote will not sway who might win an election, certainly not for president, so I almost always vote 3rd party as my own "statement". If it was an election between Trump and Newsom, I would 100% prefer that Newsom won. The fact that I would not check his box is my personal matter.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:24 am

So you would "prefer" the lesser of 2 evils but wouldn't actually vote for one? Talk about having it both ways :lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic