Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump is DONE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Trump is DONE

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:42 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:16 am
That's not what I see. What I see is people on both sides who are genuinely concerned about the future of our country. We just have wildly differences of opinion on both the means and the end.
This is bullshit, evidenced by the fact that the two presumptive nominees are Donald Trump and Joe Biden. These 🤡🤡 should be retirement home roommates - they should not be competing for leader of the free world.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:50 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:48 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:43 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 am
bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:53 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:49 pm
You've already said you'd vote for Newsom, who even Honeyman admits belongs nowhere near the Oval office. So you've ceded the right to call others morons for who they vote for.

So I'm curious - which of Newsom's policies do you support?
Ask Honeyman who he would vote for between Trump and Newsom if he lived in a swing state.
I already asked him that EXACT question back in November of 2022. First I asked him if he'd vote for Newsom, to which he said no, that he has no problem voting third party. Then I followed that up by asking him if he'd vote for Newsom if he lived in Michigan. His answer? "I don't find him equally objectionable as Trump. But unlike you, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils if that person is deplorable in my eyes."

So there you have it. Honeyman's opinion of Newsom is that he is "deplorable."
FWIW, I don't like Gavin Newsom. I think he's a phony. Out for himself, dishonest, duplicit. Like most politicians, but smoother.

I live in California, so my vote will not sway who might win an election, certainly not for president, so I almost always vote 3rd party as my own "statement". If it was an election between Trump and Newsom, I would 100% prefer that Newsom won. The fact that I would not check his box is my personal matter.
So would you hold your nose if you didn’t have that California bubble to allow you to safely vote third party knowing the democrat is a lock? If you were in a state where the vote between the two was gonna be 10,000 or so apart would you still protest but hope Trump loses? And no you don’t know the 10,000 bit ahead of time. It’s a real nail biter… you are sick to your stomach worried about Newsom blowing this…
I honestly don't know what I would do if I still lived in Michigan and my vote might actually count. I believe I would still vote third party, but the actual belief of a 2nd Trump term might indeed sway me.
You realize not being able to pull the lever for the one of the major candidates is how we got here right?
No, the antiquated electoral college system is how we got here.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:40 pm

This could just be a drug flashback talking, but what if we had it set up so that the winner of the popular vote becomes president, and the presidential candidate of the losing party becomes vice president? It makes them have to get out and work EVERY state. Not just NY and CA or TX and FL.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:40 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:14 am
Awful lot of anger in this section this morning.

Why doesn't everyone stop by my house and I'll make the big breakfast. Home made hash browns, sausages, fried eggs and toast. We'll sit and have a nice, peaceful meal together.
I'll bring the Bloody Mary fixins......just tomato juice for you, Mega.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:40 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:40 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:14 am
Awful lot of anger in this section this morning.

Why doesn't everyone stop by my house and I'll make the big breakfast. Home made hash browns, sausages, fried eggs and toast. We'll sit and have a nice, peaceful meal together.
I'll bring the Bloody Mary fixins......just tomato juice for you, Mega.
Sounds good. I am the king of red bull vodka with just red bull lol
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:00 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
This could just be a drug flashback talking, but what if we had it set up so that the winner of the popular vote becomes president, and the presidential candidate of the losing party becomes vice president? It makes them have to get out and work EVERY state. Not just NY and CA or TX and FL.
Eliminating the electoral college does the same thing without installing two people in power for 4 years who want murder each other.
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:11 pm
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
You've already said you'd vote for Newsom, who even Honeyman admits belongs nowhere near the Oval office. So you've ceded the right to call others morons for who they vote for.

Ask Honeyman who he would vote for between Trump and Newsom if he lived in a swing state.
I already asked him that EXACT question back in November of 2022. First I asked him if he'd vote for Newsom, to which he said no, that he has no problem voting third party. Then I followed that up by asking him if he'd vote for Newsom if he lived in Michigan. His answer? "I don't find him equally objectionable as Trump. But unlike you, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils if that person is deplorable in my eyes."

FWIW, I don't like Gavin Newsom. I think he's a phony. Out for himself, dishonest, duplicit. Like most politicians, but smoother.

I live in California, so my vote will not sway who might win an election, certainly not for president, so I almost always vote 3rd party as my own "statement". If it was an election between Trump and Newsom, I would 100% prefer that Newsom won. The fact that I would not check his box is my personal matter.
So would you hold your nose if you didn’t have that California bubble to allow you to safely vote third party knowing the democrat is a lock? If you were in a state where the vote between the two was gonna be 10,000 or so apart would you still protest but hope Trump loses? And no you don’t know the 10,000 bit ahead of time. It’s a real nail biter… you are sick to your stomach worried about Newsom blowing this…
I honestly don't know what I would do if I still lived in Michigan and my vote might actually count. I believe I would still vote third party, but the actual belief of a 2nd Trump term might indeed sway me.
You realize not being able to pull the lever for the one of the major candidates is how we got here right?
You have to work with in the system you have not the one you want. Had those morons who voted Stein in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania not done so in 2016 Trump would have lost.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:00 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Eliminating the electoral college does the same thing without installing two people in power for 4 years who want murder each other.
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

You have to work with in the system you have not the one you want. Had those morons who voted Stein in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania not done so in 2016 Trump would have lost.
Not if you want change.

The system is broken. Biden v. Trump AGAIN proves this.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:11 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:09 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

Not if you want change.

You work within the one you have to get the one you want. You can't just stand outside on the corner screaming. That's what a third party vote is. Nobody cares about you at that point. None, zero, zilch. Voting third party does nothing to fix anything except maybe your feelings or something.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:11 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

Not if you want change.

You work within the one you have to get the one you want. You can't just stand outside on the corner screaming. That's what a third party vote is. Nobody cares about you at that point. None, zero, zilch. Voting third party does nothing to fix anything except maybe your feelings or something.
Because. The. System. Is. Broken.

Ross Perot got almost 20% of the popular vote 30 years ago. And he was a lunatic. It is possible to break up the 2 party system. I agree it might never happen, certainly not in my lifetime. But voting for the lesser of two evils is not the answer. It's submission to a failed system.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:33 pm

At the end of the day, the electoral college benefits Wealthy constituents on both sides. Don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

People in power tend not to let go of advantageous rules without a fight.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:39 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:33 pm
At the end of the day, the electoral college benefits Wealthy constituents on both sides. Don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

Exactly. Hence the 2 party system. The Republicans and Democrats won't change it. Only the people can.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:57 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:39 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:33 pm

Exactly. Hence the 2 party system. The Republicans and Democrats won't change it. Only the people can.
We could make guns illegal sooner than eliminating the electoral college.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:11 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

Not if you want change.

Ross Perot got almost 20% of the popular vote 30 years ago. And he was a lunatic. It is possible to break up the 2 party system. I agree it might never happen, certainly not in my lifetime. But voting for the lesser of two evils is not the answer. It's submission to a failed system.
And it is your best chance of getting something you don't want: Trump. So perhaps you are a closeted Trumper?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:59 pm

Honeyman wrote:

Perot might have sounded like a lunatic, but he was smarter and more engaged than 99% of the politicians that are in office.

But trying to work with Congress would have been worse than working with the Board at GM, so he likely might not have actually accomplished much if he had won.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:20 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:59 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Perot might have sounded like a lunatic, but he was smarter and more engaged than 99% of the politicians that are in office.

But trying to work with Congress would have been worse than working with the Board at GM, so he likely might not have actually accomplished much if he had won.
No he wasn't, he just appealed to people who didn't have much grip on reality, like you.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic