Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump keeps winning LOL

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Trump keeps winning LOL

Post by zzand » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:48 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal appeals panel ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump can face trial on charges that he plotted to overturn the results of the 2020 election, rejecting the former president’s claims that he is immune from prosecution.

The decision marks the second time in as many months that judges have spurned Trump’s immunity arguments and held that he can be prosecuted for actions undertaken while in the White House and in the run-up to Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol. But it also sets the stage for additional appeals from the Republican ex-president that could reach the U.S. Supreme Court. The trial was originally set for March, but it was postponed last week and the judge didn't immediately set a new date.

“We conclude that the interest in criminal accountability, held by both the public and the Executive Branch, outweighs the potential risks of chilling Presidential action and permitting vexatious litigation,” the judges wrote.

Round Six

Re: Trump keeps winning LOL

Post by Round Six » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am

" ... it also sets the stage for additional appeals from the Republican ex-president that could reach the U.S. Supreme Court. The trial was originally set for March, but it was postponed last week and the judge didn't immediately set a new date ... "

In other words, he can duck and dodge until he gets elected in 9 months.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:46 pm

So many 'dubs'...

"bUt ThE pOlLssssss..."
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:43 pm

I've decided that with all this subterfuge from the Left, Trump should step aside, and nominate Tucker Carlson for President, someone who the Left, and all our foreign enemies, fear even more than Donald Trump. I'd like to see what Fox News Channel would do then, with someone running they have a policy of not talking about on the air. Unlike Taylor Swift, Tucker Carlson IS eligible to run this year.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:42 pm

Trump is going to be the next President whether people like it or not. The Dems had a chance at stopping him by kicking Biden to the curb, but opted to instead punt.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:42 pm
Biden is going to be the next President whether people like it or not. The Republicans had a chance at stopping him by kicking Trump to the curb, but opted to instead punt.
FIFY
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 pm
bmw wrote:
Biden is going to be the next President whether people like it or not. The Republicans had a chance at stopping him by kicking Trump to the curb, but opted to instead punt.
FIFY
100%

Trump lost the House for the GOP in 2018, the WH in 2020, and the Senate in 2022. To think he's the candidate that will win them back WH is 2024 is idiotic.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:46 pm

This is what we're doing today?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:26 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:08 pm
bmw wrote:
FIFY
100%

Trump lost the House for the GOP in 2018, the WH in 2020, and the Senate in 2022. To think he's the candidate that will win them back WH is 2024 is idiotic.
1962: "You won't have Richard Nixon to kick around anymore"

1968: "Fuck."
-TurkeyTop

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:32 pm

If they have a Republican who strikes fear in our enemies, domestic and foreign, even more than Trump, I'll support them.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:53 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:32 pm
If they have a Republican who strikes fear in our enemies, domestic and foreign, even more than Trump, I'll support them.
Our enemies laugh at him. He's a cartoon internationally. He's not interested in security issues in the least. He's a nationalist
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:13 pm

So that's what it comes down to. The appearance of being a hard ass. A bully. That explains a lot.
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 pm

Although Trump can claim a few foreign-policy successes, his overall record is dismal. America’s adversaries are more dangerous than they were in 2016, the United States is weaker, sicker, and more divided, relations with many U.S. allies are worse, and any aspirations to moral leadership that Americans might have harbored have been badly tarnished.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/05/tr ... port-card/
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:24 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:13 pm
So that's what it comes down to. The appearance of being a hard ass. A bully. That explains a lot.
Or someone who is woefully unqualified like Tucker Carlson simply because it would "own the Libs"...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:55 pm

Seriously. How the fuck did we get here? This is what the country I love has become?

There has to come a point, where we see a piece of footage, and we just agree on what the fuck reality is.
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic