Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why does Biden need new legislation to "shut down" the border?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Why does Biden need new legislation to "shut down" the border?

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:08 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:39 am
All I can do is laugh at this logic. :lol
Or lack thereof.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:07 pm

bmw wrote:
re: Bryce and audiophile - I'm sure you two will join me in laughing at how comical it is for the left to be blaming the migration problem on Republicans, and now, specifically, suggesting that if only it weren't for the Orange Man (who doesn't even officially hold any position of power), Biden would magically be able to fix this problem in his final year in office. All I can do is laugh at this logic. :lol
The migration problem wasn’t caused by Republicans but they did nothing to stop it when they had all the marbles for two years and could have done whatever they wanted to address it. Nothing the Democrats could do. But now a bill is being worked on by both Lankford of Oklahoma and Murphy of Connecticut and Trump calls in to the other senators and says don’t vote for this because I need to run on this and I can’t if Biden gets a win here. Suddenly the support for it fades and it dies.

Mitt Romney of all people called Trumps actions “appalling” on this so it’s not just people on the left that are unhappy here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:37 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:19 am
Neither of those things does a damn thing.
So physical barriers do nothing, but legislation is going to fix things?

By your logic, prison escapes would happen less if we rip out jail bars and just pass laws to hire more guards.
You have to reform the green card system, the asylum system and start funding countries in Latin America so that the people have an incentive to stay down there because things get better enough that running isn’t attractive. Notice none of those involve a wall you can use a cool new invention called a ladder for or stopping cartels with mining tools that make professional drive thru tunnels you can get a truck thru to smuggle drugs. A wall does Jack shit except impress the rubes and then Trump brags about building a wall when they built 10 miles or of new wall and fixed a bunch of existing fence. He called all of it new wall. And the base ate it up. But this problem wasn’t somehow magically better under Trump and it’s magically worse now. Remember the caravans of 2018? Who was using those as a weapon against the Democrats AND DOING NOTHING TO STOP THEM? Trump and company.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:01 am
Biden is severely compromised, and elderly man that just does what he is told to do.
Have you prayed for these "Least of these" who come seeking help from those like you (and the Texans) with plenty and don't understand what Jesus taught us?

Maybe this is a test, are you passing it or judging those in need?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:52 pm

The border situation is so bad CBS 60 minutes did a segment on it tonight. It was not favorable to the Biden administration.

CNN also reporting on the border situation, using same pictures and footage as Fox News.

It’s looking like this could be a single topic election in November.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:37 pm

radiofann wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:52 pm
The border situation is so bad CBS 60 minutes did a segment on it tonight. It was not favorable to the Biden administration.

CNN also reporting on the border situation, using same pictures and footage as Fox News.

It’s looking like this could be a single topic election in November.
It depends greatly on what happens with the birth control pill. That’s just as potent as abortion and abortion are the red wave last time.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:26 am

bmw wrote:
re: Bryce and audiophile - I'm sure you two will join me in laughing at how comical it is for the left to be blaming the migration problem on Republicans, and now, specifically, suggesting that if only it weren't for the Orange Man (who doesn't even officially hold any position of power), Biden would magically be able to fix this problem in his final year in office. All I can do is laugh at this logic. :lol
Ya, it wasn't that long ago Biden was auctioning off border wall parts for penny's on the dollar.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1fufLN
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:26 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:26 am
bmw wrote:
Ya, it wasn't that long ago Biden was auctioning off border wall parts for penny's on the dollar.

Biden ,at the beginning of his term, while auctioning off the wall, saying we didn’t need a wall, promised to use “drones and hi-tech stuff like cameras on fences” to maintain border security.

Meanwhile traffic and encounters thru the border are 5X what they were during both Trump and Obama administrations.
You can fact check at cbp.gov.

Jeh Johnson, back in trumps years , using his experience from Obama’s term, was quoted as saying “1000 immigrants per day overwhelms the system”. Trump had a brief peak in traffic but got it back down to what was seen in Obama’s term. Obama had a peak as well which prompted Johnson’s comments , Obama got his numbers back down to 20% of today’s numbers. He earned the title from the left (NY Times article) as “deporter in chief”.

Meanwhile current DHS chief Mayorkas admits “over 85% get thru easily”

https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/news/dhs- ... nt%20(ICE).

And senate bill signs off on allowing 5000 per day.

As if this is sustainable.

Biden-Harris, likely to be a one term administration.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:45 pm

radiofann wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:26 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:26 am
bmw wrote:

Biden ,at the beginning of his term, while auctioning off the wall, saying we didn’t need a wall, promised to use “drones and hi-tech stuff like cameras on fences” to maintain border security.

Meanwhile traffic and encounters thru the border are 5X what they were during both Trump and Obama administrations.
You can fact check at cbp.gov.

Jeh Johnson, back in trumps years , using his experience from Obama’s term, was quoted as saying “1000 immigrants per day overwhelms the system”. Trump had a brief peak in traffic but got it back down to what was seen in Obama’s term. Obama had a peak as well which prompted Johnson’s comments , Obama got his numbers back down to 20% of today’s numbers. He earned the title from the left (NY Times article) as “deporter in chief”.

Meanwhile current DHS chief Mayorkas admits “over 85% get thru easily”

https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/news/dhs- ... nt%20(ICE).

And senate bill signs off on allowing 5000 per day.

As if this is sustainable.

Biden-Harris, likely to be a one term administration.
5000 per day then they throw the rest back out and they are free to try again the next day. The border can’t be closed the way people are thinking it can. It won’t survive the courts.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:40 pm

Republicans don't want a solution, they want to bitch about the boarder. It's nothing more than a campaign stunt.
Republicans in Congress who have spent months demanding that any aid to Ukraine be paired with a crackdown against migration into the United States got what they asked for when a bipartisan group of senators released a $118.3 billion agreement that would provide both.

On Monday, many of them rejected it anyway.

It was the latest indication that the political ground for any agreement on immigration — particularly in an election year when it is expected to be a central issue of the presidential campaign — has vanished.

With former President Donald J. Trump eager to attack President Biden’s record on the border and right-wing Republicans in Congress falling in line behind him, a compromise was always going to be a long shot. The long-awaited release on Sunday night of the text of the 370-page bill only served to inflame Republican divisions on an issue that once united them.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:01 pm

One of my kids wanted McDonald's. The other wanted Wendy's. We just didn't eat.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:32 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:01 pm
One of my kids wanted McDonald's. The other wanted Wendy's. We just didn't eat.
You should them good...
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:18 pm

Told ya he didn't need legislation.

Now he's considering executive action.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/politics ... index.html

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:18 pm
Told ya he didn't need legislation.

Now he's considering executive action.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/politics ... index.html
He’s got no other option since Trump ordered the legislation killed.

Keep in mind that “closing” actually means a cap of 5000 people allowed in a day with the rest thrown back and then the cycle starts again the next day. It’s not like it gets shut down with nothing going across or something.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic