Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Legal Experts-Lawfare Won't Stop Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Legal Experts-Lawfare Won't Stop Trump

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:25 am

Lawfare Won't Stop Trump.

https://conservativeinstitute.org/conse ... prison.htm

Bay City's Garage Band, The Cherry Slush, said so many years ago, "I Cannot Stop You".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8r7gm_Ah0

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Re: Legal Experts-Lawfare Won't Stop Trump

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:27 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:25 am
Lawfare Won't Stop Trump.

https://conservativeinstitute.org/conse ... prison.htm

Bay City's Garage Band, The Cherry Slush, said so many years ago, "I Cannot Stop You".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8r7gm_Ah0
He likely could. It would make this country look absurd for picking him though.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am

There are so many crazy despots in the world, Trump is not even "on the spectrum". Leaders of many countries are elected for life. Four more years is all you could get here. I've put up with many of your Presidents for 8 years, why should yours be allowed for 8 years but not the other 50% of the people.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:27 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:37 am
There are so many crazy despots in the world, Trump is not even "on the spectrum". Leaders of many countries are elected for life. Four more years is all you could get here. I've put up with many of your Presidents for 8 years, why should yours be allowed for 8 years but not the other 50% of the people.
First off they are not yours or ours.... secondly you have to be able to win elections by having ideas everybody likes... If you want to be "allowed" to have your views represented then make a coherent case why they are better for everyone.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:31 pm

Let's send him to prison as your premise suggests, then let's see how his "Presidency" proceeds.

I love social experiments
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:54 pm

I've said it once and I'll say it again - if Trump is convicted of anything and wins the presidency, he'll simply use the 25th Amendment to have his VP pardon him.
25th Amendment, Section 3. Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.
It'll all take place in the span of a day. Once pardoned, Trump will submit in writing that is is again able to conduct his Presidential duties, at which time he will resume the presidency.

That is an air-tight way of doing it without the legal complications of doing it himself.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:05 pm

Again, you might be interrupting the Constitution from a conservative perspective. As a living document, outcomes are not guaranteed as you suggest without a test.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he must convicted of the crimes he committed first. Then he needs to get elected, then we shall see how the Supreme Court decides what rights a convicted felon has. They might not decide to even hear the case.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:54 pm
I've said it once and I'll say it again - if Trump is convicted of anything and wins the presidency, he'll simply use the 25th Amendment to have his VP pardon him.
25th Amendment, Section 3. Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.
It'll all take place in the span of a day. Once pardoned, Trump will submit in writing that is is again able to conduct his Presidential duties, at which time he will resume the presidency.

That is an air-tight way of doing it without the legal complications of doing it himself.
That'll go over like a lead balloon.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:48 pm

bmw wrote:

That shit won't work for his state crimes in GA and NY...

And the fact we even have to have a discussion about a president having a criminal record is absurd.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:21 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:48 pm
bmw wrote:

And the fact we even have to have a discussion about a president having a criminal record is absurd.
If the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution were enforced, there would be at least SEVERAL PRESIDENTS with a criminal record.

Of course, there are SEVERAL PRESIDENTS recently who acted like Hitler and Stalin, and who regarded the US Constitution as "just a piece of paper". But none of those is Donald Trump.

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:41 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:21 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
bmw wrote:

If the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution were enforced, there would be at least SEVERAL PRESIDENTS with a criminal record.

Of course, there are SEVERAL PRESIDENTS recently who acted like Hitler and Stalin, and who regarded the US Constitution as "just a piece of paper". But none of those is Donald Trump.
:lol:
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:03 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
bmw wrote:

Has a previous president encouraged his supporters to break into the US Capitol after he lost?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:15 pm

been kickin' puppies wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
flat tire fiat wrote:

Oh? Care to cite which presidents and what crimes? You can have your other usernames chime in for you as well, to help you out...
Last edited by teetoppz28 on Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:03 pm
Has a previous president encouraged his supporters to break into the US Capitol after he lost?
No previous president has ever done that.
teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:15 pm
been bangin' his own sister wrote:
WTF man? What is with the perverse sexual insults around here lately? I thought you said you were done doing that.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:51 pm

brake rotor needs turning pontiac wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:45 pm
WTF man? What is with the perverse sexual insults around here lately? I thought you said you were done doing that.
Oops, that one slipped. I'm still on the road to recovery. 8)

Fixed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic