Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis drops out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: DeSantis drops out

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:31 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:25 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:22 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am
He can't run in 2028 if he becomes president.

I wish Trump would have retired after two years and let Pentz take over.
What makes you think 1) that he'll win this year, and 2) that if he wins, he won't try and run again?
I don't think there would be much appetite for a 2028 primary run. 2024 or bust.
There should be no appetite for a 2024 run.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:35 am

audiophile wrote:
Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:

What makes you think 1) that he'll win this year, and 2) that if he wins, he won't try and run again?
I don't think there would be much appetite for a 2028 primary run. 2024 or bust.
Are you predicting that the Trump loving Evangelical movement will suddenly become sane?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:14 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:31 am
audiophile wrote:
Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:

There should be no appetite for a 2024 run.
Well, I guess it's up to NH to decide that.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:51 am

Matt continues to confirm what I suggested earlier - he's turning into a grumpy old man. Never seen so much pissing and moaning from one poster.

Disliking Trump is one thing, as is disliking Biden, but I never once hear you say what your solution is to kicking them both to the curb. You keep saying neither one deserves to be in office, but in doing so you undermine the legitimacy of the system that allows that to happen without any solutions of your own. Instead you just bitch about it inscessently.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:51 am
Matt continues to confirm what I suggested earlier - he's turning into a grumpy old man. Never seen so much pissing and moaning from one poster.

Disliking Trump is one thing, as is disliking Biden, but I never once hear you say what your solution is to kicking them both to the curb. You keep saying neither one deserves to be in office, but in doing so you undermine the legitimacy of the system that allows that to happen without any solutions of your own. Instead you just bitch about it inscessently.
And you have these weird blind spots to issues where the country doesn't track with your small town naivety. Matt has his issues, but at least he's educated and understands how reality works.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:39 am

bmw wrote:

Which describes EXACTLY what Trump has done since the 2020 election
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 am

bmw wrote:

Do you think Trump's behavior after he lost is acceptable? Are you not the least bit concerned about what he'll do if given the power of the presidency again?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 am
rusted out ford pinto wrote:

Do you think Trump's behavior after he lost is acceptable? Are you not the least bit concerned about what he'll do if given the power of the presidency again?
Of course he does... he even thinks tRump should not be held accountable for any of his illegal/immoral/unethical actions since he's a presidential candidate.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Taco

Post by Taco » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:27 pm

A president should be setting an example for the nation, setting a tone. Trumps behavior is unbecoming of the office of the presidency. He is the most unpresidential president of my lifetime. Quite frankly, he's an embarrassment and so is his minions. I truly hope the rest of the world don't judge us as a whole by the actions of our elected officials. Our political system is broken and I believe our founding fathers would be turning over in their graves.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:14 pm

Miami Herald eviscerates Ron Desanctimonious.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/edi ... 89660.html
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:39 pm

Beemer: Florida is not a swing state. It’s ruby red now.

DeSantis is hated by Trump. No way he picks him. Noem or Stefanik seem likely. Maybe Tim Scott. He will probably make a play for some sort of group be it woman or a minority or both.

Remember a week is a lifetime in politics.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:39 pm

DeSantis is hated by Trump. No way he picks him. Noem or Stefanik seem likely. Maybe Tim Scott. He will probably make a play for some sort of group be it woman or a minority or both.

But Trump needed DeSantis to drop so he could win NH and deliver a knockout punch.

Trump also picked a Governor for VP last time.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm
Rate This wrote:

But Trump needed DeSantis to drop so he could win NH and deliver a knockout punch.

Yeah that was to shore up evangelicals. He picks DeSantis and he’s toast. DeSantis is universally disliked. As for it being a knockout punch… between 35 and 40% of republicans there don’t want Trump… that’s not gonna be a knockout punch it’ll mean we have ourselves a race. The media will take it that way and off we go.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm
Rate This wrote:

He's not picking the fat chick from the South no matter how hard you pray.
― Noam Chomsky

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:18 am

While I oppose abortion, DeSantis moving from a 20 week ban to a six week one will keep him out as a VP option. The Democrats will keep pushing the abortion issue because it works. DeSantis will cost Trump votes. Hawley would be a better name recognition choice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic