Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis drops out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: DeSantis drops out

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:34 am

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:18 am
While I oppose abortion, DeSantis moving from a 20 week ban to a six week one will keep him out as a VP option. The Democrats will keep pushing the abortion issue because it works. DeSantis will cost Trump votes. Hawley would be a better name recognition choice.
Either one will cost him votes. Hawley has that famous fist up in the air in solidarity on January 6th around his neck. Trump is gonna run a base only campaign and he’ll need to be offering 6 week bans to keep the base motivated. A 20 week ban will have some of them sitting at home and accusing him of being ok with abortion.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:45 am

Hawley who?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:45 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:45 am
Hawley who?
Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:12 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 am
bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:51 am
Matt continues to confirm what I suggested earlier - he's turning into a grumpy old man. Never seen so much pissing and moaning from one poster.

Disliking Trump is one thing, as is disliking Biden, but I never once hear you say what your solution is to kicking them both to the curb. You keep saying neither one deserves to be in office, but in doing so you undermine the legitimacy of the system that allows that to happen without any solutions of your own. Instead you just bitch about it inscessently.
Do you think Trump's behavior after he lost is acceptable? Are you not the least bit concerned about what he'll do if given the power of the presidency again?
That is a total dodge of my question. I asked you what your solution is to kicking both Biden and Trump to the curb. You refuse to answer this question because you have no answer.

And no, I'm not the least bit concerned about what he'll do if given the power of the presidency again. People who think he'll become a dictator never to relinquish power again are uneducated idiots (oxymoron, I know).
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am
Matt...at least he...understands how reality works.
Does he? He lives in a fantasy land where he thinks somebody other than Trump has a legitimate shot at being the Republican nominee.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:41 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:12 am
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt continues to confirm what I suggested earlier - he's turning into a grumpy old man. Never seen so much pissing and moaning from one poster.

Disliking Trump is one thing, as is disliking Biden, but I never once hear you say what your solution is to kicking them both to the curb. You keep saying neither one deserves to be in office, but in doing so you undermine the legitimacy of the system that allows that to happen without any solutions of your own. Instead you just bitch about it inscessently.
Do you think Trump's behavior after he lost is acceptable? Are you not the least bit concerned about what he'll do if given the power of the presidency again?
That is a total dodge of my question. I asked you what your solution is to kicking both Biden and Trump to the curb. You refuse to answer this question because you have no answer.

And no, I'm not the least bit concerned about what he'll do if given the power of the presidency again. People who think he'll become a dictator never to relinquish power again are uneducated idiots (oxymoron, I know).
TC Talks wrote:
Does he? He lives in a fantasy land where he thinks somebody other than Trump has a legitimate shot at being the Republican nominee.
He’s a guy who confused Obama and Biden, Pelosi and Haley and Newsom and McCarthy for each other recently… he rambles on and on incoherently. We aren’t supposed to be concerned about that and giving him access to sensitive things and the job of making literal life and death decisions? Biden may be fuddy duddy but he isn’t nearly that bad…

If given power again he has no chance of going quietly in 2028. He has said over and over “maybe longer” and things to that effect. I’m not willing to write that off as a joke because the guy doesn’t joke like that. His ego is far too large and uncontrolled plus the obvious dementia setting in and what appear to be physical ailments (sores on his hands for example). If he lives that long he’ll be asking about ways to extend his time in office. Could be martial law, could be refusing to leave. He doesn’t have the ability to shut the power trip off.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 am

I heard the same nonsense in 2020. I think it was Lester the Nightfly who predicted that Trump would have to be hauled out of the White House by security guards. He will pass on the torch in 2028 to whoever the Republican nominee is (probably his VP).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:57 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 am
I heard the same nonsense in 2020. I think it was Lester the Nightfly who predicted that Trump would have to be hauled out of the White House by security guards. He will pass on the torch in 2028 to whoever the Republican nominee is (probably his VP).
Is this related to his graceful exit in 2021 after trying to maintain power after an election he legitimately lost by millions of votes? That passing on of the torch? Borrowing a famous quote… When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:59 am

BMW, thank you for demonstrating how out of touch you are. You just provided evidence to prove my point.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:04 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:57 am
bmw wrote:
Is this related to his graceful exit in 2021 after trying to maintain power after an election he legitimately lost by millions of votes? That passing on of the torch? Borrowing a famous quote… When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time.
Are you really playing this out chronologically in your head? There will have already been Republican primaries before Trump's second term ends and there will have already been a national election between the Republican nominee and the Democrat nominee. Are you suggesting that after Trump hands the torch off to another Republican a full year before the 2028 election that if the Democrat wins in 2028 that Trump will change his mind?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:05 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:59 am
BMW, thank you for demonstrating how out of touch you are. You just provided evidence to prove my point.
You're the one out of touch. You think Trump is behind in all the swing states, based on some internal high-paid data that you won't share with anybody despite the fact that every single poll conducted by various polling organizations shows exactly the opposite. That's not to say that can't change by the end of this year, but I don't see it happening. Trump will win the Electoral College by a bigger margin than he did in 2016 - screenshot that.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:21 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:12 am
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

TC Talks wrote:
I've stated multiple times that Trump and Biden should not be eligible. Now answer my questions...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:35 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:04 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:57 am
bmw wrote:
Are you really playing this out chronologically in your head? There will have already been Republican primaries before Trump's second term ends and there will have already been a national election between the Republican nominee and the Democrat nominee. Are you suggesting that after Trump hands the torch off to another Republican a full year before the 2028 election that if the Democrat wins in 2028 that Trump will change his mind?
Yes he very well could. The guy is nuts.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:35 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:05 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:59 am
You're the one out of touch. You think Trump is behind in all the swing states, based on some internal high-paid data that you won't share with anybody despite the fact that every single poll conducted by various polling organizations shows exactly the opposite. That's not to say that can't change by the end of this year, but I don't see it happening. Trump will win the Electoral College by a bigger margin than he did in 2016 - screenshot that.
Saying that in January is incredibly dangerous for you to do....

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:03 pm

bmw wrote:
I don't like all the election loss caterwauling; but Trump didn't overstay his time. If he was going to do it, he would have done it on Jan 20th, 2021.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:03 pm
bmw wrote:
I don't like all the election loss caterwauling; but Trump didn't overstay his time. If he was going to do it, he would have done it on Jan 20th, 2021.
Have you prayed for the 6 people who were killed in the event designed so that Trump could overstay his welcome?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic