Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The great American paradox

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

The great American paradox

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:38 pm

"The country would be better off if Trump had been reelected in 2020, but Trump can never be in power again."

Thoughts?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: The great American paradox

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:08 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:38 pm
"The country would be better off if Trump had been reelected in 2020, but Trump can never be in power again."

Thoughts?
The first premise is absolutely incorrect. The second one is spot on… it only half works.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:08 pm
Matt wrote:

Thoughts?
The first premise is absolutely incorrect. The second one is spot on… it only half works.
Wrong. Go back to the drawing board.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:27 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:08 pm
Matt wrote:

Thoughts?
Wrong. Go back to the drawing board.
We have hundreds of thousands of jobs being created a month… low jobless claims… unemployment is very low.. higher GDP by quarter than under Trump prepandemic… we’ve got a bipartisan infrastructure bill… the CHIPS act and a record stock market. Trump would never have done better. He kept promising and never delivered. How many infrastructure weeks did we have again? Half a dozen?

Remarkably little got done under Trump… he would announce things and take credit up front and take no concrete action and move onto the next thing. He did this over and over again. He didn’t even build a wall… he repaired existing fence.

So with a track record of goose eggs forgive me if I tell you there’s no there there.

My beef with Biden is that the communication of all the positive things going on has been abysmal. They’ve let the Republicans simply make shit up about the economy and run with it. Even inflation is down to around 3%… that’s a damn sight better than it was and in Trumps ballpark. But he inherited from Obama his economic successes absent a small 2-3 quarter sugar rush from his one accomplishment… a tax cut for people who didn’t need one and crumbs for everybody else. Aren’t you suppose to be an accountant or some other similar thing that should be able to see balls and strikes on this kind of thing? Even I can for god sake.
Last edited by Rate This on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:42 pm

Matt wrote:

Thoughts?
I do think many things we are displeased about overseas would not of happened. I don't think Russia would be in Ukraine. I don't think the US would be trying to put a choker chain on Israel right now.

The flip side is if Donald was still prez, who would he be grooming for 2024? You say "Trump can never be in power again". Would that really be true?
Last edited by Round Six on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:50 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:42 pm
Matt wrote:

Thoughts?
I do think many things we are displeased about overseas would not of happened. I don't think Russia would be in Ukraine. I don't think the US would be trying to put a choker chain on Israel right now.

The flip side is who would be getting groomed by Trump to be 2024 Prez? You say "Trump can never be in power again". Would that really be true?
I highly doubt he would have lifted a finger to help Ukraine without something in return. He probably would have committed troops to Israel or something. That conflict over there doesn’t give a shit who is president over here.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Matt wrote:

Thoughts?
Our country is in great shape economically, with reduced crime, with employment. Maybe Biden's secret weapon is just staying out of the way.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:02 pm
Matt wrote:

Thoughts?
Our country is in great shape economically, with reduced crime, with employment. Maybe Biden's secret weapon is just staying out of the way.
We agree on this. Domestically, not much would be different under either president. Yeah, we wouldn't have some of the mandates that everyone thinks is silly. Like what a highway sign should say.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:22 pm

My only thought is that I wish I could go back in time and stop Trump's dad from fucking his mom.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:37 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:02 pm
Matt wrote:

Thoughts?
We agree on this. Domestically, not much would be different under either president. Yeah, we wouldn't have some of the mandates that everyone thinks is silly. Like what a highway sign should say.
They’ve been mandating signage for decades… Joe didn’t think that one up last week or something. Color, reflectivity, size, format… all that stuff. We easily could have had that mandate under Trump. Agencies gonna make rules.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:54 pm

Just think of the bat shit crazy stuff we WOULD have dealt with.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic