Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2024 Primary Results Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: 2024 Primary Results Thread

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:53 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:44 pm
zzand wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:39 am
Oh he was angry. He wanted Haley to officially drop out and endorse him. She didn't and that is getting under his skin. Not sure why since he has won both contests so far. Let her stay in, makes it interesting.
Makes no sense to me, why he would be that mad.
Because he views her as disloyal for running and even more disloyal for not dropping out and then she attacked him for being old and having early signs of cognitive issues. Then people in her audience were individually and audibly shouting "Geriatric!" and "He's a loser!" during her press conference. All of those things immediately got under his skin because he isn't tough and doesn't have a backbone and his fragile ego cannot stand to be challenged. She really needs to call him a chicken because he won't debate and publicly call him a coward. He'll come running to that debate stage. It's really no different that the running joke in Back to the Future with him returning to the fight after being called a chicken. That's Trump.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:45 pm

audiophile wrote:
zzand wrote:
Oh he was angry. He wanted Haley to officially drop out and endorse him. She didn't and that is getting under his skin. Not sure why since he has won both contests so far. Let her stay in, makes it interesting.
Because you think of Trump as a cogent, sane individual. He's anything but.
The censorship king from out of state.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:45 pm
“filing the peds”post_id=772923 wrote:
zzand wrote:
Because you think of Trump as a cogent, sane individual. He's anything but.
I thought tRump was a StAbLe GeNiUs???
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:47 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:27 pm
"Tormentors". lol. Stop acting like a clown.

I received a "topic reply notification" email record for audiophile's response, which post was deleted 8 minutes later and immediately reposted as you, Ben Zonia, which I also have the email notification for. I don't trust anything you say from here on out, not that I trusted much before.
audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:30 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:11 am
audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:42 am
DeSantis is none of those things.

You're on a trajectory of becoming just like the former Republican from NW Michigan.
Are you talking about the one you had the TCSU account for?
Untrue statement. I never had that account, or any other on here.
Hmmmm...
Are you calling ZenithCKLW a liar?
It would be fun to see screenshots.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:53 pm
audiophile wrote:
zzand wrote:
Because he views her as disloyal for running and even more disloyal for not dropping out and then she attacked him for being old and having early signs of cognitive issues. Then people in her audience were individually and audibly shouting "Geriatric!" and "He's a loser!" during her press conference. All of those things immediately got under his skin because he isn't tough and doesn't have a backbone and his fragile ego cannot stand to be challenged. She really needs to call him a chicken because he won't debate and publicly call him a coward. He'll come running to that debate stage. It's really no different that the running joke in Back to the Future with him returning to the fight after being called a chicken. That's Trump.
This is the exact reason why it's worth it for Haley to tough this out as long as possible (ideally until the convention).

The longer she stays in it, and the more states that come out with less than 60/40 results favoring Trump, the more that proves the idea that the GOP isn't as fully behind Trump as he and the MAGA factions want everyone to believe.

Trump is angry because he feels threatened by her. Even if she doesn't win any primaries, scoring close margins still undermines Trump and gnaws at his ego.

I don't expect her to win any primaries. I just expect her to draw enough support to prove that Republicans aren't as staunchly behind Trump as he wants everyone to believe.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:01 am

Bull Shannon wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:45 pm
I don't expect her to win any primaries. I just expect her to draw enough support to prove that Republicans aren't as staunchly behind Trump as he wants everyone to believe.
I may be higher than the cost of living, but I can see her do what Biden did 4 years ago. Be far behind and the pundits thinking he don't have a chance, to hanging in there and winning the nomination.

Her platform should be "Which one of us has a better chance of beating Joe?".

Trump vs. Biden would be close. Like others have said, I think anyone else vs. Biden would be a comfortable win for the GOP. Even Biden supporters gotta admit he doesn't have all his facilities. Something a younger opponent can exploit easier than another octogenarian.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:24 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:01 am
Bull Shannon wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:45 pm
I may be higher than the cost of living, but I can see her do what Biden did 4 years ago. Be far behind and the pundits thinking he don't have a chance, to hanging in there and winning the nomination.

Her platform should be "Which one of us has a better chance of beating Joe?".

Trump vs. Biden would be close. Like others have said, I think anyone else vs. Biden would be a comfortable win for the GOP. Even Biden supporters gotta admit he doesn't have all his facilities. Something a younger opponent can exploit easier than another octogenarian.
You are much higher than the cost of living. Barring some sort of miracle (he drops dead and they make her the go to gal) he’s already locked it up no matter how much she protests. Nevada holds a meaningless primary she will win and then a meaningless and rigged for Trump since he’s the only one who paid the state party to be on the ballot caucus that awards all of the delegates there. Then South Carolina is proportional. After that EVERYTHING including Super Tuesday is winner take all. Can you really see her getting more than 50% ANYWHERE? New Hampshire was her most favorable place with the most moderates combined with the independents can vote here feature. Registered Democrats could not vote there no matter how many times Trump lies and says it. Nothing is going to change the minds of Trumps base to vote for her and her approval among actual Republicans is in the mid 20’s.

Oh and that Nevada Caucus and winner take all Super Tuesday and beyond? Rule changes designed to help Trump and extinguish any hope of defeating him. The technical term is rigged. How ironic.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:17 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:33 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:59 pm
This thread sums it all up perfectly.

The Colonel has made snide comments about people's lines of work. Ironically, 98% of construction workers are dyed-in-the-wool Trump supporters. In part because of those egghead, educated liberals, while guys like them (and me) went out and learned a trade. And when my paycheck hits my bank account on Fridays, I'm a hell of a lot happier than when I was spinning burnt out Phil Collins and Eric Clapton records. I'm not so bummed that some 70 year old men on a message board won't reminisce about doing a line of coke with me at a J. Geils concert in 1978.

"Trailers". The vast majority of those who live in trailers are Trump supporters, as the trailer off 8 mile in Northville has his "no step on snek" flag flying high. They feel they're in that position because those egghead, educated liberals screwed them with their policies and lies and their elitism.
Just for the record, I'm pure, hardcore, working class. And right now, I'm living in a trailer.

Even if I could vote in this country, I would definitely not be a Trump supporter.

In fact, we've already decided, if you people elect Trump this year, We're selling this place and staying home.
I'm extremely working class also, TT. The difference between us is I am a capitalist. Just not a pigish capitalist. In my lifetime, I've seen the working class go from you to...whatever this is now. It's disappointing.
Sorry I missed the party here.

Anytime I have "made fun" of your occupation, the fact that you are a capitalist, while bashing capitalism, is the only point I was trying to make. Too far? My apologies. It happens. If you think that's bad, you would have enjoyed a meeting decades ago, where I was PD, and the station's GSM was trying to be the Music Director. :hat

I have voted a mixed ticket most of my voting life. Today's Democrats have veered too far off the reservation. The fact that they are now constantly bashing a Kennedy who's running for office is all of the proof that you need.

Oh, P.S...1978 was fantastic. Probably the best summer ever. Sorry you missed it. Cheers.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:49 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:17 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:33 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:59 pm
This thread sums it all up perfectly.

The Colonel has made snide comments about people's lines of work. Ironically, 98% of construction workers are dyed-in-the-wool Trump supporters. In part because of those egghead, educated liberals, while guys like them (and me) went out and learned a trade. And when my paycheck hits my bank account on Fridays, I'm a hell of a lot happier than when I was spinning burnt out Phil Collins and Eric Clapton records. I'm not so bummed that some 70 year old men on a message board won't reminisce about doing a line of coke with me at a J. Geils concert in 1978.

"Trailers". The vast majority of those who live in trailers are Trump supporters, as the trailer off 8 mile in Northville has his "no step on snek" flag flying high. They feel they're in that position because those egghead, educated liberals screwed them with their policies and lies and their elitism.
Just for the record, I'm pure, hardcore, working class. And right now, I'm living in a trailer.

Even if I could vote in this country, I would definitely not be a Trump supporter.

In fact, we've already decided, if you people elect Trump this year, We're selling this place and staying home.
I'm extremely working class also, TT. The difference between us is I am a capitalist. Just not a pigish capitalist. In my lifetime, I've seen the working class go from you to...whatever this is now. It's disappointing.
Sorry I missed the party here.

Anytime I have "made fun" of your occupation, the fact that you are a capitalist, while bashing capitalism, is the only point I was trying to make. Too far? My apologies. It happens. If you think that's bad, you would have enjoyed a meeting decades ago, where I was PD, and the station's GSM was trying to be the Music Director. :hat

I have voted a mixed ticket most of my voting life. Today's Democrats have veered too far off the reservation. The fact that they are now constantly bashing a Kennedy who's running for office is all of the proof that you need.

Oh, P.S...1978 was fantastic. Probably the best summer ever. Sorry you missed it. Cheers.
I must have missed that memo that said any Kennedy is a good Kennedy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 pm

Can't you just get along like Don and Joe?

― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 pm

Send them to the same home.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:11 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:07 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 pm

Send them to the same home.
There are mentally stronger candidates on both sides.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:25 pm

We won't talk about Nevada since it was screwed up. But the U.S. Virgin Islands held a normal caucus last week...
Trump 74
Haley 26

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:36 pm

Democrat Tom Suozzi will win the Special Election for George Santos’ seat in New York… several polls had it as a 4 point race and with 62% in he is up by 10 on Mazi Pilip.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:36 am

Trump wins South Carolina 59-39.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic