Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Federal Scientists Recommend Easing Restrictions on Marijuana

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Federal Scientists Recommend Easing Restrictions on Marijuana

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:28 pm

Another step in Federal legalization of cannabis. Science challenging law enforcements efforts to overly criminalize marijuana. This study is another step toward stopping this federal nonsense.
Marijuana is neither as risky nor as prone to abuse as other tightly controlled substances and has potential medical benefits, and therefore should be removed from the nation’s most restrictive category of drugs, federal scientists have concluded.

The recommendations are contained in a 250-page scientific review provided to Matthew Zorn, a Texas lawyer who sued Health and Human Services officials for its release and published it online on Friday night. An H.H.S. official confirmed the authenticity of the document.

The records shed light for the first time on the thinking of federal health officials who are pondering a momentous change. The agencies involved have not publicly commented on their debates over what amounts to a decriminalization of marijuana at the federal level.

Since 1970, marijuana has been considered a so-called Schedule I drug, a category that also includes heroin. Schedule I drugs have no medical use and a high potential for abuse, and they carry severe criminal penalties under federal trafficking laws.

The documents show that scientists at the Food and Drug Administration and the National Institute on Drug Abuse have recommended that the Drug Enforcement Administration make marijuana a Schedule III drug, alongside the likes of ketamine and testosterone, which are available by prescription.

The review by federal scientists found that even though marijuana is the most frequently abused illicit drug, “it does not produce serious outcomes compared to drugs in Schedules I or II.”

Marijuana abuse does lead to physical dependence, the analysis noted, and some people develop a psychological dependence. “But the likelihood of serious outcomes is low,” the review concluded.

“Decriminalization and legalization is as popular as it ever was,” Gov. Jared Polis of Colorado, a Democrat, said in an interview last year regarding his state’s early legalization of cannabis.

“None of the horror stories materialized,” he said. “Underage use is down in Colorado. We regulate marijuana like alcohol, effectively. Responsible adults can choose to recreate with alcohol or marijuana in our state as long as they do it in a safe way and don’t drive, don’t show up at work inebriated.”

In 38 states, marijuana is legal for medical use; it’s legal for recreational use in two dozen states and territories. Its pungent scent has become common in many communities, wafting from car windows at intersections in California and hanging over the crowds in Times Square.

Changing the way federal officials regard marijuana has long been a subject of fierce debate.
Don't like pot? Don't smoke it.
Don't like anything? Don't do it.
But your opinion is not anyone else's business.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Re: Federal Scientists Recommend Easing Restrictions on Marijuana

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:49 pm

Idk how they have grass in the same category as heroin. I never rode my bike 10 miles at 12am when my paycheck cleared to get a dime of weed or be sick 😆
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:09 pm

That's because it's easier for them to control people who are stoned all the time.

Everybody must get stoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-po_FUmvM
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:35 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:09 pm
That's because it's easier for them to control people who are stoned all the time.

Everybody must get stoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-po_FUmvM
I don't get stoned, yet somehow I'm not as fucking stupid as you are.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:57 pm

There are people in the Federal Government that claim men can giver birth and breast feed. Others that say Covid escaped from a Chinese Wet Lab. Others that said masks wouldn't prevent you from contracting Covid prior to demanding you wear one. Not to mention that the poke would prevent you from spreading Covid. Oh, and I almost forgot, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan you can keep your plan."

Forgive me if I don't buy in. It's a class one narcotic.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:00 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:57 pm
There are people in the Federal Government that claim men can giver birth and breast feed. Others that say Covid escaped from a Chinese Wet Lab. Others that said masks wouldn't prevent you from contracting Covid prior to demanding you wear one. Not to mention that the poke would prevent you from spreading Covid. Oh, and I almost forgot, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan you can keep your plan."

That’s such an odd jumble of positions are you sure you didn’t smoke some tonight?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:00 pm
Bryce wrote:

That’s such an odd jumble of positions are you sure you didn’t smoke some tonight?
Nope just listing some of the bullshit people in the Federal Government have tried to sell us on in the past. Those jumped to the front.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:42 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:10 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:00 pm
Bryce wrote:

Nope just listing some of the bullshit people in the Federal Government have tried to sell us on in the past. Those jumped to the front.
So the first one is a supposedly liberal talking point but it’s not the first thing jumping through our heads to worry about by a long shot.

The second one and third one are straight Rand Paul speak.

The fourth one is probably something Fauci said and the last one is that old canard that turns into the gift that keeps on giving because you like your plan and apparently hadn’t fallen gravely ill yet.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:01 am

“Marijuana is safe to decriminalize” ranks right up there with what big pharma told us about OxyContin etc in mid-90s
“These painkillers are not addictive” thus began open street trades of opioids, scammy “pain clinics”, pill mills, zombies on the streets drugged out in a way not seen before (San Francisco).

Such that Walgreens, CVS, and the pharm companies were successfully sued to the tune of billions of dollars, they had to pay to cities.

The easy opioid availability thus sparked a new cheap heroin flow on the streets when big pharma belatedly made opioids harder to,abuse.

Which then led to fentanyl flooding the streets. Then Tranq (vetinerinary strength stuff). When does it stop.

Sorry, 90% THC content in the formed of fashionably marketed gummies and smoking oils does not portend well for young people when they make life guidance decisions.

Weed is the next OxyContin
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... -addiction

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:49 am

radiofann wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:01 am
“Marijuana is safe to decriminalize” ranks right up there with what big pharma told us about OxyContin etc in mid-90s
“These painkillers are not addictive” thus began open street trades of opioids, scammy “pain clinics”, pill mills, zombies on the streets drugged out in a way not seen before (San Francisco).

Such that Walgreens, CVS, and the pharm companies were successfully sued to the tune of billions of dollars, they had to pay to cities.

The easy opioid availability thus sparked a new cheap heroin flow on the streets when big pharma belatedly made opioids harder to,abuse.

Which then led to fentanyl flooding the streets. Then Tranq (vetinerinary strength stuff). When does it stop.

Sorry, 90% THC content in the formed of fashionably marketed gummies and smoking oils does not portend well for young people when they make life guidance decisions.

Weed is the next OxyContin
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... -addiction
I don’t smoke weed… I’ve never even tried it… even I can see your assertion is patently absurd… If it’s legalized federally it goes the way of alcohol and the street side of it goes poof. Oxy got the way it is because it was only available by prescription, deals happened in back alleys and it’s way more addictive than marijuana could ever hope to be.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:07 am

There are black market growers supplying product in such a way that oversupplies the market, bringing price down and legal licensed growers are going into receivership in Michigan.

What’s next, decriminalizing crack, meth and heroin? Oregon is regretting that step from a few years ago as their OD deaths have significantly increased.

We’ve traded “limited resources for war on drugs” for “oops we now have a thriving illegal black market and have to apply law enforcement resources to control that and weigh every legal plant” and “let them start with weed, progress to hard core stuff, dies like zombies on the street because we don’t have social services to house homeless drug addicts”

Windsor is rethinking its “consumption and treatment center” downtown.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/news/jean ... doc-video/

I do admit medicinal uses of cannabis are ok.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:02 am

I know very few people who buy cannabis in a retail setting. My buddy makes better gummies than Lume simply because he knows his customers directly. It's why sheet cake at a local bakery is better than at Walmart.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:02 am
I know very few people who buy cannabis in a retail setting. My buddy makes better gummies than Lume simply because he knows his customers directly. It's why sheet cake at a local bakery is better than at Walmart.
Were it legal he might start his own business.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:08 am

Really sounds like a SWELL idea. Wonder who is getting payoff money from China?
“Illicit Chinese-operated marijuana farms have been found across the country and pose significant risks to our nation’s security. First, illicit marijuana farms provide unregulated access for consumers to Schedule 1 substances and help provide additional revenue sources to transnational criminal organizations. Many of these operations have also been found to have labor conditions that are emblematic of human trafficking and forced labor practices. In addition, Chinese investors have financed some of these illegal operations, and these investments include cash payment for large swaths of land to conduct these operations,” the letter said, pointing out that lawmakers have raised red flags over large purchases of land by Chinese nationals.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:12 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:08 am
Really sounds like a SWELL idea. Wonder who is getting payoff money from China?
“Illicit Chinese-operated marijuana farms have been found across the country and pose significant risks to our nation’s security. First, illicit marijuana farms provide unregulated access for consumers to Schedule 1 substances and help provide additional revenue sources to transnational criminal organizations. Many of these operations have also been found to have labor conditions that are emblematic of human trafficking and forced labor practices. In addition, Chinese investors have financed some of these illegal operations, and these investments include cash payment for large swaths of land to conduct these operations,” the letter said, pointing out that lawmakers have raised red flags over large purchases of land by Chinese nationals.
It would be be nice to know where this came from.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic