Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stop me if you've heard this before: "Trump is unfit for office"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Round Six

Re: Stop me if you've heard this before: "Trump is unfit for office"

Post by Round Six » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:44 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 am
I cannot stand Trump, but the civil case in New York is pretty much bullshit.

The "people of New York" have no legitimate cause of action against him.

If his lenders were screwed as the state seems to be alleging, then it is the lenders who should be suing, not the state. To the best of my knowledge, none of the allegedly aggrieved lenders have been called to testify as witnesses by the prosecution.

I'm not sure why the State of New York's Treasury should be enriched at the Trump Organization's expense to the tune of several hundred million dollars.
This echoes what Charlie Langton was trying to tell Roop Raj on last night's Let-R-Rip.

Last night's episode was entertaining. They talked about Trump's indictments for the first half. Then it got interesting. The last half was about some political pundit saying Biden may drop out after Super Tuesday due to health concerns. And the pros and cons of such a move.
Last edited by Round Six on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:50 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:36 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:21 am
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:15 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:45 am

The merit of the case is irrelevant.
WOW, just fucking WOW.
In terms of his behavior, it is irrelevant. I don't agree with the bullshit charge, but that's why you have lawyers. It doesn't give you a free pass to "act a fool."
Just the fact that "the state" is even allowed to engage in a political persecution should be alarming to EVERYONE, like the man or not.

Coming from this woman, combined with the completely meritless suit, it's plain that this is an ideological and political prosecution pure and simple.

Castro and Stalin would be jealous.

Then his lawyers should have easily been able to make persuasive arguments proving that what the suit is about was baseless. THEY COULD NOT DO SO. He was found liable in October. Now we find out how liable and move onto the E Jean Carroll defamation suit round two. That one he was dumb enough to defame her after she won the first suit so she added that new defamation to the second suit. The man is an absolute dumb fuck.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:55 am

Lawyers couldn't convince one juror that OJ and Casey Anthony were guilty either.
So I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about what lawyers should be able to do and what it means if they don't.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:59 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:55 am
Lawyers couldn't convince one juror that OJ and Casey Anthony were guilty either.
So I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about what lawyers should be able to do and what it means if they don't.
My point is they simply grasped at straws and tried to bring politics into it and Trump attacked the judge and all of these extracurricular things INSTEAD of being able to make a coherent and plausible argument. That speaks volumes about whether the state has a case or not. I’m not even talking about convincing anybody. They couldn’t even bring a defense besides “I didn’t know” and that’s completely insane.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:44 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:50 am
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:36 am
Matt wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:15 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:45 am

The merit of the case is irrelevant.
WOW, just fucking WOW.
In terms of his behavior, it is irrelevant. I don't agree with the bullshit charge, but that's why you have lawyers. It doesn't give you a free pass to "act a fool."
Just the fact that "the state" is even allowed to engage in a political persecution should be alarming to EVERYONE, like the man or not.

Coming from this woman, combined with the completely meritless suit, it's plain that this is an ideological and political prosecution pure and simple.

Castro and Stalin would be jealous.

Then his lawyers should have easily been able to make persuasive arguments proving that what the suit is about was baseless. THEY COULD NOT DO SO. He was found liable in October. Now we find out how liable and move onto the E Jean Carroll defamation suit round two. That one he was dumb enough to defame her after she won the first suit so she added that new defamation to the second suit. The man is an absolute dumb fuck.
This is why he's so popular with MAGAts... they worship him as the leader of all dumb fucks.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:59 am
My point is they simply grasped at straws and tried to bring politics into it and Trump attacked the judge and all of these extracurricular things INSTEAD of being able to make a coherent and plausible argument.
I'm pretty sure Trump's lawyers put forth coherent legal arguments. It is just that the media doesn't report that kind of stuff. Instead all we get are the Trump sound bytes, which is exactly what Trump wanted.

Also, the entire premise of your argument is that Trump is dealing with a fair system. If it is not a fair system, then he has every right to "attack" it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:03 pm

Matt wrote:
In terms of his behavior, [the merit of the case] is irrelevant.
I fundamentally disagree with this position. The "system" is trying to take away all of his money and put him behind bars for the rest of his life (I'm talking all of his cases, cumulatively). He has every right to be in attack mode under those circumstances. You can argue all you want that he brought this upon himself with his own actions, but that's not the point, because I firmly believe that the motives of those who have the power to "bring him to justice" have motives beyond simply that of justice.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:07 pm

So Trump is just another Conservative Victim?

Keep selling that tragic story.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:03 pm
Matt wrote:
In terms of his behavior, [the merit of the case] is irrelevant.
I fundamentally disagree with this position. The "system" is trying to take away all of his money and put him behind bars for the rest of his life (I'm talking all of his cases, cumulatively). He has every right to be in attack mode under those circumstances. You can argue all you want that he brought this upon himself with his own actions, but that's not the point, because I firmly believe that the motives of those who have the power to "bring him to justice" have motives beyond simply that of justice.
So when you vote for him, you're ok with him seeking vengeance on those who have wronged him if he wins? He can't control himself in a case where he has no power - can you imagine what he'd do with the power of the presidency based on what has happened since he left office?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:42 pm
So when you vote for him, you're ok with him seeking vengeance on those who have wronged him if he wins? He can't control himself in a case where he has no power - can you imagine what he'd do with the power of the presidency based on what has happened since he left office?
Are you ok with what you yourself admitted earlier in this thread are "bullshit charges"? The fact that he has lawyers isn't even the point.

You're asking me about speculation. But vengeance is already happening, right now, and is being carried out by those currently in power as we speak.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:02 pm

Oh my God, this thread 🤣🤣🤣 I'm all pissed off about this stupid winter storm and this was just the comic relief I needed 😆
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:03 pm

Let's take a little music break.

https://youtu.be/gORKiQ0h1ZA?si=wYilI0EHdFbqDUAl
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:15 pm

This musical interlude is far more appropriate.

There's even a Hitler reference.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:21 pm

It's unbelievable that Bryce and BMW are willing to overlook ALL of Trump's flaws because they liked "his" policies.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:21 pm
It's unbelievable that Bryce and BMW are willing to overlook ALL of Trump's flaws because they liked "his" policies.
As I've asked before, present me with a better, proven, option.

At one time, I was completely onboard the Desantis train. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the chops for a national campaign yet. Doesn't mean he wont some day.
Last edited by Bryce on Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic