Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump hires "only the best people"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Trump hires "only the best people"

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:54 pm

Dec. 29, 2023, 11:55 a.m. ET
Michael D. Cohen, the onetime fixer for former President Donald J. Trump, said in newly unsealed court papers that he had mistakenly given his lawyer bogus legal citations after the artificial intelligence program Google Bard cooked them up for him.

The fictitious citations were then used in a motion provided to a Manhattan federal judge. Mr. Cohen, who pleaded guilty in 2018 to campaign finance violations and served time in prison, had asked for an early end to court supervision of his case now that he was out of prison and had complied with the conditions of his release.

In a sworn declaration made public on Friday, Mr. Cohen explained that he had not kept up with “emerging trends (and related risks) in legal technology and did not realize that Google Bard was a generative text service that, like ChatGPT, could show citations and descriptions that looked real but actually were not.”

He also said he did not realize that the lawyer filing the motion on his behalf, David M. Schwartz, “would drop the cases into his submission wholesale without even confirming that they existed.”

The revelation could have serious implications for the Manhattan criminal case against Mr. Trump, in which Mr. Cohen is expected to serve as the star witness. The former president’s lawyers have long attacked Mr. Cohen as a serial fabulist; now, they will have a brand-new example.

A spokeswoman for the Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to comment.

The new information about Mr. Cohen’s role in creating the bogus cases comes after the judge, Jesse M. Furman of Federal District Court, said in an order on Dec. 12 that he could not find any of the three decisions cited by Mr. Schwartz and ordered him to provide copies to the court.

If Mr. Schwartz could not produce the cases, Judge Furman said, the lawyer had to provide a sworn declaration that included “a thorough explanation of how the motion came to cite cases that do not exist and what role, if any, Mr. Cohen played in drafting or reviewing the motion before it was filed.”

Mr. Schwartz would also have to explain why he should not be sanctioned “for citing nonexistent cases to the court,” Judge Furman said in the Dec. 12 order.

The episode is the second this year in which lawyers in the Manhattan federal court have cited bogus court decisions created through the use of an artificial intelligence program.

Jonah E. Bromwich contributed reporting.
Source: NYT

:rollin :rollin :rollin

This revelation may help Trump will help Trump legally, but it further illustrates that Trump's inner circle is full of grifters and morons. That's not a winning message.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 9015

Re: Trump hires "only the best people"

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:25 pm

Take a step back and realize that there were people dumb enough to suck at Daddy Trump's titty. Now realize there are people still dumb enough to suck at it today. Hell, this board even has a user who has proclaimed he's done with trump while still offering defense for him. It reminds me of that gay cowboy movie. "I can't quit you Mr. Trump! You are my President!"

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:08 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:25 pm
Hell, this board even has a user who has proclaimed he's done with trump while still offering defense for him. It reminds me of that gay cowboy movie. "I can't quit you Mr. Trump! You are my President!"
You talkin' 'bout me?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:08 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:25 pm
Hell, this board even has a user who has proclaimed he's done with trump while still offering defense for him. It reminds me of that gay cowboy movie. "I can't quit you Mr. Trump! You are my President!"
You talkin' 'bout me?
Damn straight…

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:15 pm

Well I sure as hell ain't voting for Biden, and the decision is from a binary set of choices. That's all there is left to say about it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:15 pm
Well I sure as hell ain't voting for Biden, and the decision is from a binary set of choices. That's all there is left to say about it.
Voting for Trump, knowing what we now know, is completely endorsing his actions. Period. Do you want to do that?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:32 pm

Trump's "only the best" are trailer park trash scraped from the bottom of the barrel. Can't say much for his MAGA followers and QAnon either.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Ah but we have a primary, and, for the moment, Trump is an option. You're going that way too??
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Uh… not until the convention it isn’t.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:31 pm

With the exception of a few, almost everyone who has been linked to Trump in a "work" way has had nothing but bad luck since then. Should he win the election it will be interesting to see who actually wants to work for him.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:22 pm
bmw wrote:
Voting for Trump, knowing what we now know, is completely endorsing his actions. Period. Do you want to do that?
He would rather nuzzle up to Daddy because its a safer bet. When you think about it, that's a very unamerican mindset because he's constraining his vote to what he thinks can win, rather than using his vote to select who he thinks would be the best fit for the country.

With cowards like him on the right, Haley doesn't have a chance. Biden should be a sitting duck.

The righties should be looking for a person who best represents the values of the right in 2023, rather than depending on Big Daddy coming in again. I mean, he was the guy who lost to Biden in 2020. And he will give the best shot of beating Biden in 2024?? That tells me that the problem isn't a problem at the top. That's a problem at the bottom. I don't blame the politicians for being politicians. If the voters know Trump is trouble, then the problem is the voters.

I expect this post to be classified as "bullying" and receive a response that I am being placed on ignore.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:34 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:16 pm
He would rather nuzzle up to Daddy because its a safer bet. When you think about it, that's a very unamerican mindset because he's constraining his vote to what he thinks can win, rather than using his vote to select who he thinks would be the best fit for the country.

With cowards like him on the right, Haley doesn't have a chance. Biden should be a sitting duck.

The righties should be looking for a person who best represents the values of the right in 2023, rather than depending on Big Daddy coming in again. I mean, he was the guy who lost to Biden in 2020. And he will give the best shot of beating Biden in 2024?? That tells me that the problem isn't a problem at the top. That's a problem at the bottom. I don't blame the politicians for being politicians. If the voters know Trump is trouble, then the problem is the voters.

I expect this post to be classified as "bullying" and receive a response that I am being placed on ignore.
Do you think Biden is the best Democrat for the job?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:34 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

No!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:34 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

No. However… I know the country as I’ve known it for nearly 35 years will still exist in some form at the end of a Biden term. I can’t say that of the alternative.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:29 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic