Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:31 pm

This is the thread where people can talk about TCT's whataboutism in the bin laden thread.

For the record, my guess is <1.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:31 pm
This is the thread where people can talk about TCT's whataboutism in the bin laden thread.

TC is the wrong direction to avoid freezing... :lol

TC Talks

Re: How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:36 pm

Detroit homelessness is a sad reality that exposes a problem with the wealthiest society on the planet. We simply need more housing. Relocating people is not a solution.

Wonderful of you to make light of it though.
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:37 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:32 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:31 pm

TC is the wrong direction to avoid freezing... :lol
Not at the TCT compound.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:47 pm

Maybe TCT hasn't stepped foot outdoors thus far this winter. Warmest December since the El Nino of the the late 1990s.

Even in a normal winter - how many homeless people actually "freeze to death" in or near Detroit in an average winter? TC - can you point to even a single example?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:48 pm

As an aside - isn't global warming actually helping to cure the non-existent problem that TCT is more concerned about than terrorist sympathizers?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:36 pm
Detroit homelessness is a sad reality that exposes a problem with the wealthiest society on the planet. We simply need more housing. Relocating people is not a solution.

YOU brought the topic up, dummy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:50 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:36 pm

YOU brought the topic up, dummy.
I sure did and you mocked me for it. What a guy.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:53 pm
The only reason you got mocked for it is because you brought it up in a thread about terrorism. Your suggestion that we don't care about the homeless is just you gaslighting.

And I'm mocking you for the specific claim about homeless people literally "freezing to death" because I can't find a single example.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:54 pm
TC Talks wrote:
The only reason you got mocked for it is because you brought it up in a thread about terrorism. Your suggestion that we don't care about the homeless is just you gaslighting.

And I'm mocking you for the specific claim about homeless people literally "freezing to death" because I can't find a single example.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 991432007/

Searching for it on Google gives me lots of Detroit area examples in the last decade...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:58 pm

bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

There's enough stories from Detroit to create a graph...

https://www.google.com/search?q=detroit ... s+to+death
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm

bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

This^

Additionally, you come across as an overzealous racial wokester, yet choose to live in one of the least racially diverse areas of Michigan.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

This^

Additionally, you come across as an overzealous racial wokester, yet choose to live in one of the least racially diverse areas of Michigan.
How many years have you worked on the issue of homelessness?

If it's less than 40 years, don't bother going any further. I started at Fort Street Presbyterian Soup Kitchen. Since you likely know nothing about the city, that's in Detroit.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:10 pm

Between 2013 and 2022, a total of 389 deaths in the US were attributed to cold weather. That is just under 40 per year.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/203 ... in-the-us/

Of those 39 deaths per year, how many were homeless, and how many of those were specifically in Detroit? A handful at most?

My point was it is an extremely rare thing - in fact, rarer than dying from a lightning strike (which is about 50 people per year).

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

This^

How many years have you worked on the issue of homelessness?

If it's less than 40 years, don't bother going any further. I started at Fort Street Presbyterian Soup Kitchen. Since you likely know nothing about the city, that's in Detroit.
First off, I'm only 41, but I did volunteer at the Eastside Saginaw Soup Kitchen in the late 90s. Secondly, homelessness (it's actually unhoused these days) is not an issue I've claimed to be an expert on, like you have. It's interesting that you equate years of pretending to give a fuck as being an expert on the subject.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic