Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:25 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:03 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:46 pm
You haven't the slightest idea what I, or anyone else here, does in our day-to-day lives. Just because we don't choose to advertise our actions and pat ourselves on the back for doing what we individually feel is right, doesn't make you better than us. It just shows you to be self-righteous and pompous.
I think my mission is to become the greatest human I can. I know that sounds pompous, but what else do we have?

Not trying your best creates resentment.

As for not know about you, I just offered up an invitation to you, Matt or anyone else.
Is this organization related to your work? https://endhomelessnesskent.org/

The Grand Rapids version looks to be a group of he/him/she/her/they/thems who spend a bunch of time talking about homelessness, coming up with a bunch of reports and three year plans, host and attend a lot of meetings, form committees, and post links of warming/cooling centers hosted by other groups. But not a lot of actually doing anything for the homeless.
No, I am in a coalition based in DC. But the organization does help steer the HUD funds to the most successful strategies, so collaboration and research is important. Everyone who is living on the streets is there for a different reason. This makes a one size fits all policy unrealistic. In Michigan we work through MiSHDA.

https://endhomelessness.org/ending-home ... hat-we-do/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Re: How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:19 am

Hey I'm pretty sure that if you would declare your compound a sanctuary compound, I could get Governor Abbott to send you a plane full of homeless illegals for you to pick up at the Traverse City airport.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:19 am
Hey I'm pretty sure that if you would declare your compound a sanctuary compound, I could get Governor Abbott to send you a plane full of homeless illegals for you to pick up at the Traverse City airport.
Given what a heartless anti-christ Abbott is, I bet you're correct. The difference between the two of us? You cry whenan old dog dies and you laugh at the plot of the least of these. I feel bad about your dog and advocate and pray for the least of these.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:13 pm
Bryce wrote:
Given what a heartless anti-christ Abbott is, I bet you're correct. The difference between the two of us? You cry whenan old dog dies and you laugh at the plot of the least of these. I feel bad about your dog and advocate and pray for the least of these.
Well frankly, you should then also scorn your president. He's the one that invited these people to come here illegally and become homeless. Stay in Mexico was working just dandy.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:12 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:13 pm
Bryce wrote:
Well frankly, you should then also scorn your president. He's the one that invited these people to come here illegally and become homeless. Stay in Mexico was working just dandy.
Nobody invited anybody to come be homeless. The pandemic had a lot to do with those numbers coming down as drastically as they did.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:26 pm

Did Bryce have a dog die?

If so, that's terrible. We lost our Daisy a few years ago about this time. She was my wife's best friend. I feel like in the evolution of humans and dogs that we have likely evolved to feel especially close to dogs and not acknowledge them as a threat or a meal as we do with other animals. Losing them hurts so bad. I feel like dogs should be out of bounds for this type of discussion.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:50 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:26 pm

If so, that's terrible. We lost our Daisy a few years ago about this time. She was my wife's best friend. I feel like in the evolution of humans and dogs that we have likely evolved to feel especially close to dogs and not acknowledge them as a threat or a meal as we do with other animals. Losing them hurts so bad. I feel like dogs should be out of bounds for this type of discussion.
Bryce has had a few dogs go over the rainbow. He spends a great deal of his time, passion, and, I assume funds, trying to help dogs. TC Pontificates comment was yet another dig, since he believes his opinion matters more than others.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:50 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:26 pm

Bryce has had a few dogs go over the rainbow. He spends a great deal of his time, passion, and, I assume funds, trying to help dogs. TC Pontificates comment was yet another dig, since he believes his opinion matters more than others.
In some cases my opinion is certainly more educated than others. In other cases my opinion is more compassionate than others. For someone experiencing Homelessness, I would expect they might feel their lives are better than a dog.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:37 pm

TCT - I genuinely don't know what point you're trying to make by bringing someone's passion for dogs into this conversation.

What are you doing t feed the starving people in Africa? I guess this would be a good time to point out that the Covid lockdown policies you supported led to supply chain issues that caused millions of people to starve to death.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:37 pm
What are you doing t feed the starving people in Africa? I guess this would be a good time to point out that the Covid lockdown policies you supported led to supply chain issues that caused millions of people to starve to death.
Care to provide ANY story from a legitimate news source to back up your latest bat shit crazy idea?
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:59 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:34 pm
bmw wrote:
Care to provide ANY story from a legitimate news source to back up your latest bat shit crazy idea?
COVID-19 outbreak has brought hunger to millions of people around the world. Various strategies such as physical distance, school closures, trade restrictions, and countries’ lockdown to control the pandemic have increased the nutritional challenges around the world, especially in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) with the highest populations. These restrictions have likely disrupted agricultural production and concerned millions of people about access to adequate food.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9335023/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:03 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:59 pm
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:
What are you doing t feed the starving people in Africa? I guess this would be a good time to point out that the Covid lockdown policies you supported led to supply chain issuesthat caused millions of people to starve to death.
COVID-19 outbreak has brought hunger to millions of people around the world. Various strategies such as physical distance, school closures, trade restrictions, and countries’ lockdown to control the pandemic have increased the nutritional challenges around the world, especially in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) with the highest populations. These restrictions have likely disrupted agricultural production and concerned millions of people about access to adequate food.
Food insecurity didn't equate to millions of deaths. Do you know what caused over 250,000 verified deaths? Lack of access to covid vaccination in Africa.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/117 ... in-africa/

Thank you for illustrating how important the vaccinations are to saving lives.
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:03 am
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:
What are you doing t feed the starving people in Africa? I guess this would be a good time to point out that the Covid lockdown policies you supported led to supply chain issuesthat caused millions of people to starve to death.
Food insecurity didn't equate to millions of deaths. Do you know what caused over 250,000 verified deaths? Lack of access to covid vaccination in Africa.

While I don't agree with BMW's vaccine stance, he NEVER has said that no one should get it. He was certainly against the mandate and chose not to get it himself, but please try and be honest for once.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:34 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:03 am
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
bmw wrote:

While I don't agree with BMW's vaccine stance, he NEVER has said that no one should get it. He was certainly against the mandate and chose not to get it himself, but please try and be honest for once.
But, to suggest that lock downs caused the deaths of millions, yet not acknowledging that they saved millions of lives is quite dishonest.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:07 pm
But, to suggest that lock downs caused the deaths of millions, yet not acknowledging that they saved millions of lives is quite dishonest.
What evidence do you have that "lock downs...saved millions of lives"?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic