Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:13 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm
bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:54 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:53 pm
I sure did and you mocked me for it. What a guy.
The only reason you got mocked for it is because you brought it up in a thread about terrorism. Your suggestion that we don't care about the homeless is just you gaslighting.

And I'm mocking you for the specific claim about homeless people literally "freezing to death" because I can't find a single example.
This^

Additionally, you come across as an overzealous racial wokester, yet choose to live in one of the least racially diverse areas of Michigan.
How many years have you worked on the issue of homelessness?

If it's less than 40 years, don't bother going any further. I started at Fort Street Presbyterian Soup Kitchen. Since you likely know nothing about the city, that's in Detroit.
First off, I'm only 41, but I did volunteer at the Eastside Saginaw Soup Kitchen in the late 90s. Secondly, homelessness (it's actually unhoused these days) is not an issue I've claimed to be an expert on, like you have. It's interesting that you equate years of pretending to give a fuck as being an expert on the subject.
Unhoused sounds almost like a polite way of saying uncommitted... as a term it sucks.

Matt

Re: How many Detroit homeless people will TCT transport up to his TC compound to prevent from freezing this winter?

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:15 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
The only reason you got mocked for it is because you brought it up in a thread about terrorism. Your suggestion that we don't care about the homeless is just you gaslighting.

And I'm mocking you for the specific claim about homeless people literally "freezing to death" because I can't find a single example.
This^

Additionally, you come across as an overzealous racial wokester, yet choose to live in one of the least racially diverse areas of Michigan.

If it's less than 40 years, don't bother going any further. I started at Fort Street Presbyterian Soup Kitchen. Since you likely know nothing about the city, that's in Detroit.
First off, I'm only 41, but I did volunteer at the Eastside Saginaw Soup Kitchen in the late 90s. Secondly, homelessness (it's actually unhoused these days) is not an issue I've claimed to be an expert on, like you have. It's interesting that you equate years of pretending to give a fuck as being an expert on the subject.
Unhoused sounds almost like a polite way of saying uncommitted... as a term it sucks.
Is homeless better?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:17 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:15 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

This^

Is homeless better?
Do they have a home?

Jail is sometimes considered housing... so unhoused is pretty damn icky.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:27 pm

Perhaps urban outdoorsman is more accurate?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:33 pm

Urban explorers? Urban pioneers? Urban carbon footprint minimizers?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:37 pm

The most vulnerable among us.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:56 pm

My wife had a brother who froze to death on a park bench in Grosse Pointe Shores in December of 2003.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:08 pm

My wife sideswiped a guy on Mound back in like 2012. When we went to court, the guy in front of us was an old guy who asked to serve the full term of a sentence because he was old and did not think he could last through the winter. I’ve seen stuff like that on TV in the past, but thought it weird to see it right before she went up to try and dodge her first and only ticket.

If I had to speculate on why the homeless problem isn’t worse, I’d guess that suicide and overdose take out a lot of people who either did not save or somehow lost what they may have saved through their lifetimes.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:49 am

I know this is kind of a strawman or topic changing comment. But it's something been on my mind for a bit.

IF I was ever homeless, I think I would start approaching places prone to break ins. Big churches, businesses, etc.
Make a deal. Let me sleep in a cot or whatever in your building, and I'll yell "Hey" and call the 5-0 if someone tries to break in.
The best security is someone there. The church or business saves on security and response time.
The homeless person has a warm place to crash. Just a thought that passes thru my mind from time to time.

Okay go back to bashing each other. Carry on.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:07 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:08 pm
My wife sideswiped a guy on Mound back in like 2012. When we went to court, the guy in front of us was an old guy who asked to serve the full term of a sentence because he was old and did not think he could last through the winter. I’ve seen stuff like that on TV in the past, but thought it weird to see it right before she went up to try and dodge her first and only ticket.

If I had to speculate on why the homeless problem isn’t worse, I’d guess that suicide and overdose take out a lot of people who either did not save or somehow lost what they may have saved through their lifetimes.
My last post was a random thought that crosses my mind from time to time.
Here's another (There may be a lot of space between my ears for this sort of thing):

Apply for some grant money from somewhere. Say you are going to go out on the street, talk to homeless people, and make an effort to hook them up with their loved ones. Get as much info as you can off them. The ones that are tight lipped, chalk it off as a lost cause and move on to the next. A good place to do this would be overnight shelters.

I've seen this actually happen (although the hook up wasn't paid for by a grant). I used to work with an organization called ChristNet based in Taylor. Different churches around Downriver and Western Wayne would host "guests" (that's what we were asked to call them) overnight for a week. Well someone working at the church recognized one of the guest. Half his family was there the next night, had no idea he's been on the street for I don't know how long.

Seems like that would be a good hustle. Pimp some money from some organization to connect homeless that are willing with their families. No forcing. But just do the legwork. Get the info from the homeless. Don't tell them why you want to know stuff. Then reach out to the family and ask them if they want to hook up with their long lost relative. They may not want to, which Is why you wouldn't want to tip off the homeless person on what you're up to.

Another random thought.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:11 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:49 am
I know this is kind of a strawman or topic changing comment. But it's something been on my mind for a bit.

IF I was ever homeless, I think I would start approaching places prone to break ins. Big churches, businesses, etc.
Make a deal. Let me sleep in a cot or whatever in your building, and I'll yell "Hey" and call the 5-0 if someone tries to break in.
The best security is someone there. The church or business saves on security and response time.
The homeless person has a warm place to crash. Just a thought that passes thru my mind from time to time.

Okay go back to bashing each other. Carry on.
Before we built our shelter, 14 churches would host those experiencing homelessness on mats in our churches.

Homelessness and Unhoused are both acceptable, but unhoused generally applies to folks who couch surf or have temporary housing. I'm sure the vernacular is different in every community.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:19 am

Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

This^

Well,

I serve on a rural homelessness advisory with the Collation To End Homelessness in DC. We advise HUD on practical strategies for rural settings.

I founded a corporation which built a 90 person emergency winter shelter in Traverse City. I did this when I was 43.

I became a guardian for 4 years of a 65 year old who had been experiencing homelessness for 19 years and got him into an Adult Foster Home.

I continue to advise city leaders in Traverse City on homelessness and advocate for supportive housing.

Is that what you consider pretending?

I probably know this topic better than you know college football. It seems like that is what you do with your free time.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:24 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:07 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:08 pm

My last post was a random thought that crosses my mind from time to time.
Here's another (There may be a lot of space between my ears for this sort of thing):

Apply for some grant money from somewhere. Say you are going to go out on the street, talk to homeless people, and make an effort to hook them up with their loved ones. Get as much info as you can off them. The ones that are tight lipped, chalk it off as a lost cause and move on to the next. A good place to do this would be overnight shelters.

I've seen this actually happen (although the hook up wasn't paid for by a grant). I used to work with an organization called ChristNet based in Taylor. Different churches around Downriver and Western Wayne would host "guests" (that's what we were asked to call them) overnight for a week. Well someone working at the church recognized one of the guest. Half his family was there the next night, had no idea he's been on the street for I don't know how long.

Seems like that would be a good hustle. Pimp some money from some organization to connect homeless that are willing with their families. No forcing. But just do the legwork. Get the info from the homeless. Don't tell them why you want to know stuff. Then reach out to the family and ask them if they want to hook up with their long lost relative. They may not want to, which Is why you wouldn't want to tip off the homeless person on what you're up to.

Another random thought.
Keep thinking about how you can help. Chances are you could volunteer to do outreach like this today. DM me and I can put you in touch with a group in your area.
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:15 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:19 am
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

This^

Well,

I serve on a rural homelessness advisory with the Collation To End Homelessness in DC. We advise HUD on practical strategies for rural settings.

I founded a corporation which built a 90 person emergency winter shelter in Traverse City. I did this when I was 43.

I became a guardian for 4 years of a 65 year old who had been experiencing homelessness for 19 years and got him into an Adult Foster Home.

I continue to advise city leaders in Traverse City on homelessness and advocate for supportive housing.

Is that what you consider pretending?

I probably know this topic better than you know college football. It seems like that is what you do with your free time.
You know you hit a nerve when someone lists EVERYTHING they've done. It's also a great way for an individual to self-identity as a phony.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:45 am

Google is your friend.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic