Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bin Laden sympathizers inside the US

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Bin Laden sympathizers inside the US

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:33 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:55 am
We need to get congress to work on the needs of the country and not working getting the other side.
Sadly, that ship has sailed. Both parties are equally guilty of this and it isn't something that's going to change in the next decade.

One thing that strikes me that we haven't discussed here is the racial breakdown of the results - blacks and Hispanics also have a disproportionately favorable view, compared to the rest of the population, of Bin Laden. I don't understand why that would be the case for black people considering that nearly 300 blacks died in the 9/11 attacks, but among Hispanics? I'd be very curious to see the numbers just among those here illegally. Perhaps we literally are allowing terrorist sympathizers to illegally cross the border by the thousands.

And re-reading through this thread this morning, I'm just not buying RT's excuse that a lot of young people are too stupid to know that Bin Laden was behind 9/11. I don't think the results would be much different if the 9/11 attack was mentioned in the question. I think these young people know exactly what he did and are sympathetic to it. Which is a real problem.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:39 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:35 am
Domestic terrorism from white extremists is a real threat.
We have discussed this ad nauseam many times in this forum. Why do you insist on polluting this thread with it? This is a thread about international terrorism and American's views of it. I know that your frothing-at-the-mouth hatred of Trump and tens of millions of white Americans renders you incapable of not trying to pivot every conversation barely tangentially related to them to them, but please, knock it off.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:46 am

Maybe people of color understand the hopelessness of being oppressed in a society. It's certainly misguided but I wonder how leading the questions were in this "Survey".

Being a conservative victim, you should relate.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:48 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:39 am
TC Talks wrote:
We have discussed this ad nauseam many times in this forum. Why do you insist on polluting this thread with it? This is a thread about international terrorism and American's views of it. I know that your frothing-at-the-mouth hatred of Trump and tens of millions of white Americans renders you incapable of not trying to pivot every conversation barely tangentially related to them to them, but please, knock it off.
So when Americans are killed by bad people, it's important where the terrorists come from?

I think you are trying to pretend that Jan 6 wasn't an attack on democracy and our most pressing threat. Why are people in your county arming themselves like crazy?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:13 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:39 am
TC Talks wrote:
Don't forget that he's a white American that chooses to live in a lily-white county. He could easily sell his TC area compound and buy a lot of property in the City of Detroit. Is it any surprise he can't acknowledge there are problematic populations on both extremes?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:58 am

Our most pressing threat? That is an overstatement. Yes it is a threat. I would say terrorists from outside are our biggest threat as they are better organized armed and over all equipped.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:03 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:58 am
Our most pressing threat? That is an overstatement. Yes it is a threat. I would say terrorists from outside are our biggest threat as they are better organized armed and over all equipped.
Except they aren't already spread across the country and armed to the hilt. I will agree that the Maga army aren't very bright or organized.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:35 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:58 am
We seem to have rooted out much of the threat from international terrorism at this point or we would have had some examples of it after 9/11. I am counting the Boston Marathon bombing as domestic.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:48 am
Why are people in your county arming themselves like crazy?
To protect themselves from the Democrats that other Democrats are letting out of jail?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:23 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 am
Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:40 pm
Yet, have you heard BMW ever condem the attacks on the Capitol, killing Americans? I think it's a very fair point.
Fact Check:

The only person killed during the protest at the Capitol was an unarmed Caucasian* Airforce veteran, who identified as female. She was shot and killed by a black* Capitol police officer who identified as male.

*I include the race and gender in the above comment simply because it seems to be important to do so by many of the media stories I read about incidents involving police officers.
Let's unpack these deceptive "Bryce Facts" shall we?
WASHINGTON — As a pro-Trump protest turned into a violent attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year, four people in the crowd died.

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.
A Heart attack is using the word you used, "killed" rather loosely wouldn't you say?

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.
Note the word "appeared."
Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Mr. Greeson and Mr. Philips died of natural causes, the Washington medical examiner said in April. He added that Ms. Boyland’s death was caused by an accidental overdose.
Natural causes? So, not "killed."

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.
Notice the text say's died, not "Killed."
Officer Brian D. Sicknick of the Capitol Police, who was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7.

Officer Jeffrey Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department killed himself after the attack.

Officer Howard S. Liebengood of the Capitol Police also died by suicide four days afterward.

The Capitol Police had previously said that Officer Sicknick died from injuries sustained “while physically engaging with protesters.” The Washington medical examiner later ruled that he had died of natural causes: multiple strokes that occurred hours after Officer Sicknick’s confrontation with the mob. The medical examiner added, however, that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

A bipartisan Senate report, released in June, found that the seven deaths were connected to the Capitol attack. But the report was issued a month before two Metropolitan Police officers — Gunther Hashida and Kyle DeFreytag — died by suicide in July.
Typical leftist playing fast and loose with the facts.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:35 pm
We seem to have rooted out much of the threat from international terrorism at this point or we would have had some examples of it after 9/11. I am counting the Boston Marathon bombing as domestic.
Maybe I'm not making myself clear about exactly what my concern with that poll is, and that is that when enough sympathizers exist within a voting population, you end up electing sympathizers to office. And if things get too far out of hand, you end up with a terrorist organization like Hamas running your country. Now obviously we're nowhere near a point of our government being a terrorist organization (despite some looney far leftists arguing otherwise), but I AM concerned that over time, our government will be run by more and more terrorist sympathizers, and that in and of itself makes us more vulnerable to terrorist attacks.

And before you or TCT or anybody else counters with "but Trump, but Jan 6th, but white terrorists..." I will simply pre-emptively respond that you'd be comparing not apples to oranges, but apples to hamburgers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:22 pm

Two words, the Squad. We have started down that path

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:35 pm

And before you or TCT or anybody else counters with "but Trump, but Jan 6th, but white terrorists..." I will simply pre-emptively respond that you'd be comparing not apples to oranges, but apples to hamburgers.
Trump vs Hamas?
Immigrants vs Jews?

Sounds like apples to apples to me. The difference is that we can prevent it from happening.
When a historian wrote an essay the other day warning that the election of former President Donald J. Trump next year could lead to dictatorship, one of Mr. Trump’s allies quickly responded by calling for the historian to be sent to prison.

It almost sounds like a parody: The response to concerns about dictatorship is to prosecute the author. But Mr. Trump and his allies are not going out of their way to reassure those worried about what a new term would bring by firmly rejecting the dictatorship charge. If anything, they seem to be leaning into it.

“Trump has made it crystal clear through all his actions and rhetoric that he admires leaders who have forms of authoritarian power, from Putin to Orban to Xi, and that he wants to exercise that kind of power at home,” said Ruth Ben-Ghiat, author of “Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present,” referring to Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, Viktor Orban of Hungary and Xi Jinping of China. “History shows that autocrats always tell you who they are and what they are going to do,” she added. “We just don’t listen until it is too late.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:35 pm
Trump vs Hamas?
Sounds like apples to apples to me.
Thanks for putting your sheer ignorance on plain display.

When Trump orders the unprovoked beheading of thousands of innocent civilians, then we can talk.

Comments like yours really do seek to undermine exactly what it was that Hamas did.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:35 pm
Trump vs Hamas?
Sounds like apples to apples to me.
Thanks for putting your sheer ignorance on plain display.

When Trump orders the unprovoked beheading of thousands of innocent civilians, then we can talk.

Comments like yours really do seek to undermine exactly what it was that Hamas did.
Trump hasn't had the chance yet. I'm working to ensure he doesn't get elected so he can enjoy some time alone in a small room.

You must agree that you are great at analyzing historical data, but you have missed some really obvious predictions.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic