Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bin Laden sympathizers inside the US

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Bin Laden sympathizers inside the US

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:26 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:13 pm
bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:11 pm
How are these numbers higher than low single digits in any demographic? 31% of young adults think "his views were good"? What the hell is going on in our educational institutions?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/12/26 ... 567667.jpg
First of all... it's click bait. Secondly the US screwed him over after using him as a puppet and he wanted revenge and used religion as a vehicle. Our 1945-1991 use of the CIA in a proxy for the Cold War and other such shenanigans is a great deal of why a lot of places are pissed off at us. Bin Laden was a wacko... but he had his motives for being that way. The US isn't some perfect utopia that's never done anybody else wrong or something...
Are you justifying the killing of ~3,000 Americans by this cocksucker that became shark food?
Did I say I was? If we don't recognize what our role in it was then we can create a hundred more monsters by accident.
You're justifying the attack. There is NO justification for what those cocksuckers inflicted on our country on that day.
I am NOT justifying it you cunt.
You said "recognize our role", which is a form of justification, Cunt Cunterson.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:34 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
How are these numbers higher than low single digits in any demographic? 31% of young adults think "his views were good"? What the hell is going on in our educational institutions?

First of all... it's click bait. Secondly the US screwed him over after using him as a puppet and he wanted revenge and used religion as a vehicle. Our 1945-1991 use of the CIA in a proxy for the Cold War and other such shenanigans is a great deal of why a lot of places are pissed off at us. Bin Laden was a wacko... but he had his motives for being that way. The US isn't some perfect utopia that's never done anybody else wrong or something...
Are you justifying the killing of ~3,000 Americans by this cocksucker that became shark food?
Did I say I was? If we don't recognize what our role in it was then we can create a hundred more monsters by accident.
You're justifying the attack. There is NO justification for what those cocksuckers inflicted on our country on that day.
Which? Bin Laden terrorists or Jan 6 insurrectionists?
Have I ever defended January 6, you fucking mental midget?

Comparing 9/11 and 1/6 is beyond stupid.
Last edited by Matt on Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

I am NOT justifying it you cunt.
You said "recognize our role", which is a form of justification, Cunt Cunterson.
Recognize our role = Understand the geopolitical factors of which we were a player that got Bin Laden and his followers whipped up into such a frenzy that they first bombed the basement of the WTC in 1993 and then when that didn't knock it down rammed planes into the towers plus the Pentagon and possibly Washington DC were it not for the folks that stopped them.

They didn't just wake up one day, decide we weren't Muslim and attack.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:36 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Which? Bin Laden terrorists or Jan 6 insurrectionists?
Have I ever defended January 6, you fucking mental midgets?

Comparing 9/11 and 1/6 is beyond stupid.
Yet, have you heard BMW ever condem the attacks on the Capitol, killing Americans? I think it's a very fair point.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:42 pm

RT - here's the problem I have with your response here. You're conflating two entirely separate topics. I'm talking about people literally having a positive view of Bin Laden. You're talking about international policy and whether Biden was motivated by the actions of the US.

Moreover, your argument here is akin to saying, in response to a (hypothetical) poll that 1/3 of young Americans have a positive view of rapists, that Jane Doe got raped because she dressed provocatively.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:42 pm
RT - here's the problem I have with your response here. You're conflating two entirely separate topics. I'm talking about people literally having a positive view of Bin Laden. You're talking about international policy and whether Biden was motivated by the actions of the US.

Moreover, your argument here is akin to saying, in response to a (hypothetical) poll that 1/3 of young Americans have a positive view of rapists, that Jane Doe got raped because she dressed provocatively.
OK then lets play the game EXACTLY by the terms that poll creates which I don't think are fair given how little people really know about political and world affairs especially if they weren't there:
Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:29 pm
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:12 pm
Are you going to have trouble sleeping tonight? It's an interesting survey but are you alarmed?

I guess that was my point. There are many other things more important than this.
Once a majority of a population becomes a group of terrorist sympathizers, you end up with groups like Hamas in power.

If the survey is even remotely accurate, then yes, I'm concerned. 5% is too many. 31% is alarming.
OK...
According to the survey results, 42% of likely GOP caucusgoers said Trump’s “poisoning the blood” rhetoric makes them more likely to support the former president’s candidacy. The same poll found that 43% of likely Republican caucusgoers are more likely to support him because of his fascistic references to American “vermin.”

The data dovetails with a national Fox News poll that asked respondents: “Some people say things in the U.S. are so far off track that we need a president willing to break some rules and laws to set things right, while others say the president should always follow the rules and laws. Which comes closest to your view?”

The survey found that 30% of self-identified Trump voters — nearly a third — were on board with a president who operates outside “rules and laws.”
30% of self identifying Trump voters are on board with a president who operates outside rules and laws... otherwise known as a dictator...

This is one of those games we can play ad infinitum. I doubt that the question specifying he was behind 9/11 keeps it at 31% and that's exactly what's wrong with this poll. It preys upon the stupidity of the population.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:56 pm

Are you suggesting that people who have a positive view of Bin Laden don't believe that he was behind the 9/11 attacks?

btw - here's the story as I see I forgot to link it in the OP. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -zers.html

And this finding from within that poll is arguably even worse:

Only 41% of people age 18-29 have a completely negative view of him.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:56 pm
Are you suggesting that people who have a positive view of Bin Laden don't believe that he was behind the 9/11 attacks?
I'm suggesting this is as useful an exercise as the Jay Leno man on the street bits where they ask who is the Vice President. Most people are just trying to survive and are not as dialed in as anybody here. A lot of the younger ones may not be connecting the dots since they were not of age or even pubescent on 9/11.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:58 pm
bmw wrote:
I'm suggesting this is as useful an exercise as the Jay Leno man on the street bits where they ask who is the Vice President. Most people are just trying to survive and are not as dialed in as anybody here. A lot of the younger ones may not be connecting the dots since they were not of age or even pubescent on 9/11.
Such as yourself?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
I refuse to believe that Americans are THAT stupid. Hitler's reign was 30-40 years before I was even born but I'm not stupid enough (nor are many others my age - certainly nowhere near 20-30 percent) to believe that Hitler was a good person.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
This is what we are dealing with tonight...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:08 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:59 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Such as yourself?
Actually I was in 6th Grade... age 11 and watched CNN on the TV in Math class in Ann Arbor as the towers fell. We dropped everything. I'm the one who actually always watched the news every night (Peter Jennings was preferred in my house) and I knew it was real. The other 11 year olds in the class watched people jump out of the windows and laughed thinking it was a movie or a TV show. I stood up and yelled at them that there were people DYING there when they jumped. I've rarely been angrier. The teacher was pretty numb to the whole thing and didn't say much. My 5th grade friend reported to me that they DID NOT watch it and there were no announcements about it. I assume they were thought to be too young. They are 32 now. so your 18-29 year olds were either in the womb or newborns OR as old as 7 when this happened... We see a clear gap between those who were exposed to it (30-49) Vs. those who heard about it in those poll results.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:08 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Such as yourself?
Actually I was in 6th Grade... age 11 and watched CNN on the TV in Math class in Ann Arbor as the towers fell. We dropped everything. I'm the one who actually always watched the news every night (Peter Jennings was preferred in my house) and I knew it was real. The other 11 year olds in the class watched people jump out of the windows and laughed thinking it was a movie or a TV show. I stood up and yelled at them that there were people DYING there when they jumped. I've rarely been angrier. The teacher was pretty numb to the whole thing and didn't say much. My 5th grade friend reported to me that they DID NOT watch it and there were no announcements about it. I assume they were thought to be too young. They are 32 now. so your 18-29 year olds were either in the womb or newborns OR as old as 7 when this happened... We see a clear gap between those who were exposed to it (30-49) Vs. those who heard about it in those poll results.
Fair enough - I have NO DOUBT you were paying attention to the news at that age. I can recall starting to pay attention to news and reading the paper when I was 9.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:19 pm

So here's my question - how many people born between 1938 and 1949 had a positive view of Hitler in 1967? I'd wager it is nowhere near 31 percent.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:17 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:08 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Such as yourself?
Fair enough - I have NO DOUBT you were paying attention to the news at that age. I can recall starting to pay attention to news and reading the paper when I was 9.
Earliest I can remember is Channel 7 in about 1995. For Peter Jennings it was 1998... Ted Koppel 1994... I don't have a clue why they wouldn't all be around the same time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic