Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson attended purity ball with daughter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson attended purity ball with daughter

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:14 am

https://www.foxnews.com/media/abc-news- ... -years-ago

This is very creepy. Interesting that they chose to hold it at a BMW dealership though...
ABC continued: "At a typical event, fathers and their teenage daughters dress in formal ball attire for a night that involves dinner and dancing and culminates with the daughter signing a pledge to her father to abstain from dating and to remain sexually abstinent until marriage," ABC wrote.

ABC highlighted Johnson's wife, Kelly Johnson, who spoke out against contraception in an interview with the German outlet.

"We don't talk to her about contraception," she said. "Sex before marriage is simply out of the question."

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: Speaker of the House Mike Johnson attended purity ball with daughter

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:59 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:14 am

This is very creepy. Interesting that they chose to hold it at a BMW dealership though...
ABC continued: "At a typical event, fathers and their teenage daughters dress in formal ball attire for a night that involves dinner and dancing and culminates with the daughter signing a pledge to her father to abstain from dating and to remain sexually abstinent until marriage," ABC wrote.

ABC highlighted Johnson's wife, Kelly Johnson, who spoke out against contraception in an interview with the German outlet.

"We don't talk to her about contraception," she said. "Sex before marriage is simply out of the question."
Thank god she’s taking a stand against forces she cannot possibly control.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:20 am

Matt wrote:

It would have been even better had it been reported by the AP.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:04 am

Matt - just wondering how creepy you think this is?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:12 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:04 am
Matt - just wondering how creepy you think this is?

Less creepy than monitoring and obsessing over your daughters virginity in perpetuity man…

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:23 am

Did she receive keys to a new sedan after the event?
The censorship king from out of state.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:34 am

I find what's happening in that photo to be no more offensive or creepy than any Halloween costume, and kids and adults LOVE those! I'm less offended at what's happening in the photo above than I am offended at say, Ronald McDonald's purpose.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:36 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:12 am
Less creepy than monitoring and obsessing over your daughters virginity in perpetuity man…
Who said he obsesses over it in perpetuity? btw, this event took place 8 years ago. I just read the ABC article linked in the Fox News piece and it strikes me as a hit piece on Mike Johnson.

I will say I find the whole concept of making a formal event out of the concept of encouraging your daughter to abstain from sex before marriage a little weird, particularly the idea of actually making her sign a pledge. At the end of the day, I guess that's his right as a parent in making decisions in how to raise his daughter.

Now dudes dressing up as women and reading stories to children under 10 with gay pride propaganda in the background....

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:58 am

This thread only proves what I've said all along. There are fruitcakes on both sides.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:18 am

This is absolutely disgusting and the reaching in this thread to compare crossdressing weirdos reading to kids to dads enforcing the "purity" of their daughters has exposed a very disappointing mindset that does not surprise me one bit.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:28 pm

Matt wrote:

Creepy? What's creepy about a father encouraging his daughter to retain her virginity untill marriage?

Would you prefer he encourage her to bang the football team?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:28 pm
Matt wrote:

Creepy? What's creepy about a father encouraging his daughter to retain her virginity untill marriage?

“Aides said the former president talked about Ivanka Trump’s breasts, her backside, and what it might be like to have sex with her, remarks that once led [former Chief of Staff] John Kelly to remind the president that Ivanka was his daughter,”
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:50 pm

1. Humans can't help how they feel. It's science (ooh, wait. Sorry).

2. If kids/teenagers want to find a way to have sex, they will. My parents had problems with some cassettes and CDs I had back when and took them away. What did I do? Recorded them to a blank tape.

3. The more you tell people, teenagers especially, not to do something, the more they want to do it.

4. That is "encouraging"? That's like your local mafia boss "encouraging" you to pay your debts off.

5. We have two daughters and a son on the way. We understand the points above, which is why we hope we've done a good job and that they make wise choices. No means no, don't feel pressured, use protection always, etc.

The hills some people choose to die on is perplexing sometimes.

I thought you were all about FREEDOM and DOING WHAT I WANT.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:52 pm

Hit piece, ot "Hit that piece"
bmw wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:36 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:12 am
Who said he obsesses over it in perpetuity? btw, this event took place 8 years ago. I just read the ABC article linked in the Fox News piece and it strikes me as a hit piece on Mike Johnson.

I will say I find the whole concept of making a formal event out of the concept of encouraging your daughter to abstain from sex before marriage a little weird, particularly the idea of actually making her sign a pledge. At the end of the day, I guess that's his right as a parent in making decisions in how to raise his daughter.

Now dudes dressing up as women and reading stories to children under 10 with gay pride propaganda in the background....
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:08 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:50 pm
1. Humans can't help how they feel. It's science (ooh, wait. Sorry).

2. If kids/teenagers want to find a way to have sex, they will. My parents had problems with some cassettes and CDs I had back when and took them away. What did I do? Recorded them to a blank tape.

3. The more you tell people, teenagers especially, not to do something, the more they want to do it.

4. That is "encouraging"? That's like your local mafia boss "encouraging" you to pay your debts off.

5. We have two daughters and a son on the way. We understand the points above, which is why we hope we've done a good job and that they make wise choices. No means no, don't feel pressured, use protection always, etc.

The hills some people choose to die on is perplexing sometimes.

I thought you were all about FREEDOM and DOING WHAT I WANT.
Keep in mind evangelical teens have among the highest rates of oral and anal sex…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic