Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson attended purity ball with daughter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Speaker of the House Mike Johnson attended purity ball with daughter

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:09 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:54 am

Oh look… George Washington. Funny thing. He may have been a believer… many of the founders were skeptical of religion. Maybe I should fire up my Thomas Jefferson quote machine?
I'll save you the trouble....
“[T]he Christian religion when divested of the rags in which they [the clergy] have inveloped it, and brought to the original purity & simplicity of its benevolent institutor, is a religion of all others most friendly to liberty, science, & the freest expression of the human mind,”

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:34 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:09 am
Rate This wrote:

Oh look… George Washington. Funny thing. He may have been a believer… many of the founders were skeptical of religion. Maybe I should fire up my Thomas Jefferson quote machine?
“[T]he Christian religion when divested of the rags in which they [the clergy] have inveloped it, and brought to the original purity & simplicity of its benevolent institutor, is a religion of all others most friendly to liberty, science, & the freest expression of the human mind,”
You understand that is a complete indictment of organized Christianity right? The same sort of organized Christianity that’s doing the silliness in this thread…

Jefferson is saying that if these Christian’s actually believed and acted on what Jesus said the religion would be fantastic. But they don’t so it’s not. He sounds like TC Talks…

Jefferson was a deist not a Christian. He believed in god but did not subscribe to any particular faith. Contrary to popular right wing belief young people aren’t abandoning god and becoming atheists. They are abandoning organized religion and becoming deists.

This myth that America was founded as some kind of Christian nation is just utter bullshit.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:39 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:35 am

No good comes from religion being involved in politics or society. The best thing we can do is just eliminate it all together.
Someone I, and most non-Marxists, admire very much, differs....
Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indisputable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duty of men and citizens. … [L]et us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
If they are indisputable supports, then theocracies would succeed. The only countries with state religions that are successful, or at least have not failed to develop to 21st century standards seem to not allow religion to be much of an influencer.

Bryce is the boomer version of the college kid arguing for communism, saying it has not yet worked because of the people, not the plan.

Its just a phase, he will grow out of it once he stops listening to [s]those college professors[/s] far right radio hosts and podcasts.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:34 am
Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:09 am
Rate This wrote:

You understand that is a complete indictment of organized Christianity right? The same sort of organized Christianity that’s doing the silliness in this thread…

Jefferson is saying that if these Christian’s actually believed and acted on what Jesus said the religion would be fantastic. But they don’t so it’s not. He sounds like TC Talks…

Jefferson was a deist not a Christian. He believed in god but did not subscribe to any particular faith. Contrary to popular right wing belief young people aren’t abandoning god and becoming atheists. They are abandoning organized religion and becoming deists.

This myth that America was founded as some kind of Christian nation is just utter bullshit.
I really doubt that any of the founders would support any ideology saturating our government that involved the purchase of sportscars and rings to bribe teenagers not to fuck. If these people want to get their peanut butter of religion mixed with our chocolate of government, then they need to work some kinks out on how their spirituality manifests before they even think about it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic