Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Immigrants are poisoning the blood of this country"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: "Immigrants are poisoning the blood of this country"

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 am

Honestly I haven't paid much attention to politics lately with football season in full force. But just running a google search for "poisioning the blood," not one headline uses the word "illegal" ahead of "immigrant." Trump's remarks were targeting specifically people who are here illegally, yet the media paints a picture of Trump targeting all immigrants. It is at a bare minimum intellectually dishonest.

As to the actual rhetoric Trump is using, I do wonder why he chose that specific phrase and he should have to answer to that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:23 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:52 pm
Y'all are welcome to spin it however you wish but Nazi talk is still Nazi talk.
Oh how quickly we forget. As if this doesn't look like something straight out of a Hitler speech.

It is hard for me to take accusations of Trump dog whistles seriously when they come from people who thought this was perfectly ok:

Except that it doesn't. It didn't sound like one in content at all. The speaker has no history of that sort of thing. The other guy is lifting verbiage directly from the dictator in question and his party. You lose guy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:25 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 am
Honestly I haven't paid much attention to politics lately with football season in full force. But just running a google search for "poisioning the blood," not one headline uses the word "illegal" ahead of "immigrant." Trump's remarks were targeting specifically people who are here illegally, yet the media paints a picture of Trump targeting all immigrants. It is at a bare minimum intellectually dishonest.

As to the actual rhetoric Trump is using, I do wonder why he chose that specific phrase and he should have to answer to that.
Choosing that phrase as well as the "Vermin" comment is not some coincidence. He chose it to rile up the base the same way Hitler riled his up. He's unhinged. At no time in the 248 years this country has existed has anyone this side of George Wallace been into that sort of thing. It's un-American. If you truly wonder why then you might as well tattoo imbecile on your forehead.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 am

Well when Trump starts calling for the murder of 6 million illegal immigrants then you might have a point.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 am
Well when Trump starts calling for the murder of 6 million illegal immigrants then you might have a point.
Do you think they are kindly going to lead them by the hand back across the border or do nothing to them if they resist? He's also gonna put true believers rather than adults in place. He won't make the same mistake twice with people who restrain his worst impulses. So yes... killing people is on the table.

What do you think he's going to do to the vermin he roots out? Have tea?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:43 pm

If you've convinced yourself that Trump is Hitler, fine. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise, however ridiculous I may find the comparison to be. I'm done arguing this point.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:43 pm
If you've convinced yourself that Trump is Hitler, fine. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise, however ridiculous I may find the comparison to be. I'm done arguing this point.
You simply refuse to admit these are problematic statements that are contrary to the founding principles of this country and you blindly excuse and follow this guy. I’ve used this point before and I’ll use it again. Trump can take no action including forced sodomy of yourself that will cause you to condemn him. Seriously NOTHING I can think of however insane or ridiculous can break the spell. Prove me wrong and name something. Would that be a red line? What might be? Rallying the military to the border? Forcibly removing people and if something bad happens to them that’s ok? Jailing reporters and Democrats out of revenge? Firing the civil service folks and replacing them with toadies? These are all things the man has proposed. I am not inventing this out of whole cloth.

Buried in the speech was a line about indemnification of all police officers in the United States. Meaning they could literally do anything they want to anybody without consequences. Am I to think that’s good? Sure sounds dystopian and totalitarian to me… does it sound like something this country has ever done to you? It’s government run amok… how can a supposed conservative on the side of small government stand for the government literally doing whatever it damn well pleases? Square that for me.
Last edited by Rate This on Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:59 pm

You either have Alzheimer's or are being intellectually dishonest because I know you've read my various criticisms of Trump that I've made over the past 7 years.

I'm explicitly responding here to him being directly compared to Hitler. Hitler killed 6 million Jews in the name of white supremacy. Nothing Trump has said or done even remotely compares to Hitler. Nothing. Not even close.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:59 pm
You either have Alzheimer's or are being intellectually dishonest because I know you've read my various criticisms of Trump that I've made over the past 7 years.

I'm explicitly responding here to him being directly compared to Hitler. Hitler killed 6 million Jews in the name of white supremacy. Nothing Trump has said or done even remotely compares to Hitler. Nothing. Not even close.
I even recall saying you are done with him. My how times change.

What we are saying is that the language being used is directly lifted from Nazi propaganda. The techniques for that propaganda including the incessant gas lighting and scaring people so much that they believe their world is about to end as they know it is also right out of that play book. This deranged and unhinged version of Trump hasn’t had the chance to act yet. A second term is all about revenge and exercising as much absolute power as possible through any means necessary. Hitler didn’t start off by killing 6 million Jews. He started off by degrading his enemies as vermin and warning about immigrants poisoning the blood of Germany. This is how it starts. When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 pm
bmw wrote:
You simply refuse to admit these are problematic statements that are contrary to the founding principles of this country and you blindly excuse and follow this guy. I’ve used this point before and I’ll use it again. Trump can take no action including forced sodomy of yourself that will cause you to condemn him. Seriously NOTHING I can think of however insane or ridiculous can break the spell. Prove me wrong and name something.

Buried in the speech was a line about indemnification of all police officers in the United States. Meaning they could literally do anything they want to anybody without consequences. Am I to think that’s good? Sure sounds dystopian and totalitarian to me… does it sound like something this country has ever done to you? It’s government run amok… how can a supposed conservative on the side of small government stand for the government literally doing whatever it damn well pleases? Square that for me.
This is what I don't understand about tRumpanzees... Why they think this orange fat pile of blubber even gives two shits about them? They claim he LoVeS aMeRiCa and was BrOuGhT tO uS bY gOd.

Hell, I imagine even the dumbfucks that are now in prison for the insurrection and those who owe millions in judgements to innocent poll workers for spewing bullshit (Rudy) would vote for tRump in 2024.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
You simply refuse to admit these are problematic statements that are contrary to the founding principles of this country and you blindly excuse and follow this guy. I’ve used this point before and I’ll use it again. Trump can take no action including forced sodomy of yourself that will cause you to condemn him. Seriously NOTHING I can think of however insane or ridiculous can break the spell. Prove me wrong and name something.

This is what I don't understand about tRumpanzees... Why they think this orange fat pile of blubber even gives two shits about them? They claim he LoVeS aMeRiCa and was BrOuGhT tO uS bY gOd.

Hell, I imagine even the dumbfucks that are now in prison for the insurrection and those who owe millions in judgements to innocent poll workers for spewing bullshit (Rudy) would vote for tRump in 2024.
That’s just it. He fleeces the rubes for money and laughs to the bank all the while not giving a whit about improving their lives. He tells them how bad it is to try to gain power and then won’t do a damn thing about it. That’s really the Republican playbook. Maybe bmw can name some things the Republicans want to do to improve the lives of the citizens of this country? I sure can’t name a single policy proposal they have…

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

That’s just it. He fleeces the rubes for money and laughs to the bank all the while not giving a whit about improving their lives. He tells them how bad it is to try to gain power and then won’t do a damn thing about it. That’s really the Republican playbook. Maybe bmw can name some things the Republicans want to do to improve the lives of the citizens of this country? I sure can’t name a single policy proposal they have…
Exactly... all these country bumpkins that live in squalor in their single-wide trailers vote for this guy and other Republicans. Yet it's the Dems that try to pass legislation to assist them!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:21 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Exactly... all these country bumpkins that live in squalor in their single-wide trailers vote for this guy and other Republicans. Yet it's the Dems that try to pass legislation to assist them!
The voters largely agree with the Democrats on policy but the culture wars prevail basically and the right wing media machine feeds them non-stop grievance and doom.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:04 pm
The techniques for that propaganda including the incessant gas lighting and scaring people so much that they believe their world is about to end as they know it is also right out of that play book...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in that red-light screenshot I posted earlier in this thread of a Biden speech last year, didn't he in that speech quite literally claim that the entire Republican party is a threat to the very foundation of our democracy?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:24 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:04 pm
The techniques for that propaganda including the incessant gas lighting and scaring people so much that they believe their world is about to end as they know it is also right out of that play book...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in that red-light screenshot I posted earlier in this thread of a Biden speech last year, didn't he in that speech quite literally claim that the entire Republican party is a threat to the very foundation of our democracy?
With the things they have been doing... IT IS. Trying to install yourself over the will of the voters is the very definition of ending democracy. So is undermining peoples ability to vote and have a say in what goes on in their communities. Voter ID laws coupled with attempts to make it as hard as possible to get an ID if you don't have one. Limiting early voting and consolidating polling places. Overriding the will of the voters in Florida who passed a ballot initiative with respect to reenfranchising felons... the list goes on. The Republican Party can't win on ideas so they want to change or get rid of the rules. There is no Democratic equivalent to this. What's more a party committed to the democratic process would never do any of this... it would try to make it as easy to vote and encourage voting and win with ideas. Hell the GOP didn't even field a platform last go round... they literally didn't have proposals.
Last edited by Rate This on Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic