Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rough week for Democrats

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Rough week for Democrats

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:19 pm

"Supreme Court to hear major challenge to felony statute used against Jan. 6 Capitol rioters"
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supreme ... =105623942

"House votes to open Biden impeachment inquiry"
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... y-12-13-23

"Hunter Biden defies a GOP congressional subpoena. ‘He just got into more trouble,’ Rep. Comer says"
https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden ... 3e5d98b5e0

Biden approval rating hits 15-month low
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7320.html

I believe that the odds of Biden pardoning his son and bowing out of the 2024 race are increasing with each and every passing day, and that the odds of Trump spending so much as a day in jail are decreasing with each and every passing day.

Matt

Re: Rough week for Democrats

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:19 pm
"Supreme Court to hear major challenge to felony statute used against Jan. 6 Capitol rioters"

"Hunter Biden defies a GOP congressional subpoena. ‘He just got into more trouble,’ Rep. Comer says"

I believe that the odds of Biden pardoning his son and bowing out of the 2024 race are increasing with each and every passing day, and that the odds of Trump spending so much as a day in jail are decreasing with each and every passing day.
Trump belongs in prison like he belongs in the oval office...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:19 pm

The first one is Jack Smith daring them to declare the president is a king and cannot be held accountable for anything. It's absolutely antithetical to the founding principles of this country.

The middle two are the Republicans grandstanding with absolutely no evidence and the whole thing will probably blow up in their faces the same way it did in 1998.

Biden isn't gonna pardon Hunter and bow out. Keep dreaming dude.

Oh and the Supreme Court case on the abortion drug... Abortion is already gonna be a big issue again in 2024... if they effectively revoke the approval of that drug it'll make the countering of the "red wave" look like Childs play.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:41 pm

As I've stated before - while I really could care less about Hunter Biden, his refusal to comply with a subpoena could be a big deal. He says he will only testify in public. LOL, how many different people were subpoenaed to testify behind closed doors by the Select January 6th Committee?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:41 pm
As I've stated before - while I really could care less about Hunter Biden, his refusal to comply with a subpoena could be a big deal. He says he will only testify in public. LOL, how many different people were subpoenaed to testify behind closed doors by the Select January 6th Committee?
Lots... that's not really Germaine to the situation. Much like those university presidents were caught in a trap I suspect much the same here. The Republicans are not operating in good faith at all. They are desperately trying to regain power by any means necessary. And they are doing it without a shred of evidence which usually doesn't end well.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:54 pm
bmw wrote:
Lots... that's not really Germaine to the situation. Much like those university presidents were caught in a trap I suspect much the same here. The Republicans are not operating in good faith at all. They are desperately trying to regain power by any means necessary. And they are doing it without a shred of evidence which usually doesn't end well.
Logically, the Republicans had to at least look into impeaching Biden after the first Trump impeachment. Trump was impeached for saying "hey, you really need to look into this Hunter Biden shit", which turned out to be correct. If the last guy can be impeached for pressing for an investigation, the current guy can be impeached for his part in the wrongdoing.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:14 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:54 pm
bmw wrote:
Logically, the Republicans had to at least look into impeaching Biden after the first Trump impeachment. Trump was impeached for saying "hey, you really need to look into this Hunter Biden shit", which turned out to be correct. If the last guy can be impeached for pressing for an investigation, the current guy can be impeached for his part in the wrongdoing.
He was impeached for far more than just some silly suggestion. And the democrats had ample evidence and Republican witnesses to back it up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:14 am

He was impeached for far more than just some silly suggestion. And the democrats had ample evidence and Republican witnesses to back it up.
Besides accusations and assumptions, would you care to detail this evidence as it pertains to the first impeachment?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:34 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 am
Rate This wrote:

Besides accusations and assumptions, would you care to detail this evidence as it pertains to the first impeachment?
His "perfect phone call" for starters.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:34 am
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

And what about that phone call was worthy of impeachment?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:34 am
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

And what about that phone call was worthy of impeachment?
Asking for dirt on Biden. He wanted Ukraine to “do him a favor”. Maybe you go in a back alley to get things done under the table but that boat don’t float at this level. Trying to influence Ukraine into investigating his chief political rival was a bad look.

The reality is that if he would shut up once in a while he wouldn’t have nearly as many problems.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:26 pm
Asking for dirt on Biden. He wanted Ukraine to “do him a favor”. Maybe you go in a back alley to get things done under the table but that boat don’t float at this level. Trying to influence Ukraine into investigating his chief political rival was a bad look.

The reality is that if he would shut up once in a while he wouldn’t have nearly as many problems.
Well then I'm curious your thoughts on these comments from Joe Biden in 2018 as it pertains to Ukraine?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:26 pm

Well then I'm curious your thoughts on these comments from Joe Biden in 2018 as it pertains to Ukraine?

The original effort in withholding aid was to root out a corrupt prosecutor there. His comments when he told that story referred to the appearance of Hunter on the board and the excuse it gave to Rudy Giuliani and company to make things up. The effort in question was in 2014 before Hunter ever had anything to do with Burisma and the story is being told in 2018. Imagine that… Trump and his people lied about the timeline and conflated things to make an enemy look bad. I just fell over in shock. Now we get to watch a propaganda party for the next several months that will yield nothing because there isn’t anything to yield.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 991434002/

Withholding aid in order to get corrupt people supporting an enemy - Russia - out of power is par for the course when it comes to diplomacy since World War 2. This Trump thing of trying to get them to “look into it” for us to find dirt on the Biden’s to eliminate his strongest rival in the next election smells to high heaven. Google is your friend dude. It took all of 10 seconds to figure it out.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:21 pm

It's always a rough week when your best goal is to win simply because the other team is terrible.

That's really only what Democrats and Republicans can count on. We win because the other guy is horrible. Default.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic