Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The First Libertarian State?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 16093

The First Libertarian State?

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:32 pm

I was under the impression that President elect Javier Milei of Argentina was a nationalist like Viktor Orban or Jair Bolsonaro. My impression appeared to be wrong, he is definitely from the Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, and borderline Murray Rothbard school of thought. Thus, it appears Argentina is to be the first true Libertarian state. How will this work out? will it bring prosperity to Argentina, or will it make things worse? I think time will tell and also give a glimpse of libertarianism in full action.

https://reason.com/2023/11/27/rothbardi ... r-country/

TC Talks

Re: The First Libertarian State?

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:05 pm

It will be a sad social experiment. Many people will die.

I am concerned that a failed country is attempting to tie itself to our currency.

Even Reason is laying the seeds for failure in the ending paragraphs.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:52 am

"The state is a pedophile in a kindergarten with the children chained up and bathed in Vaseline."

Poignant summary of the results of liberal ideals.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:15 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:52 am
"The state is a pedophile in a kindergarten with the children chained up and bathed in Vaseline."

And conservatism is the same except they want it to go in dry.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:11 pm

km1125 wrote:

This is quite vile. Who thinks like this??

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:12 pm

Much better quote, from the comment section of the same long-winded, bloviating article:

"Why is “Trumpish” worse than “Clownish”. At least Trump wears better clothes than the typical clown. I’d think worse than clownish would be Fettermanesqe." :smokin
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:16 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:11 pm
km1125 wrote:

I think he might be part of Audiophile's goon squad. #jigglejiggle

Consider this victim blaming post of Brenda Tracy:
km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:18 am
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:10 am
One thing I am sure of is there is a victim here. I'm just not sure who it is. So I will go with.....
86% chance Brenda Tracy is the victim
14% chance Mel Tucker is the victim.
I'd guess it was the other way around.

She's a professional in the topic and had all the resources and knowledge to know what to do in that kind of a situation. Yet it took her FOUR MONTHS to tell the tale to her friends and lawyer, then another FOUR MONTHS to file a report to make it "official".

I'm thinking after the October hearing and after he gets dismissed she launches a civil case to ensure she has a retirement package from either Mel or the University (or both).

Prior to working with Tucker and MSU, she has a pretty cozy relationship with Harbaugh and UofM. Did that play into her actions at all?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:17 am

Interesting article and discussion on what is being Libertarian (and is it capitalized?). A few thoughts -

The metaphor about kindergarten and pedophiles is both shocking and relevant. A Libertarian wants to reduce the power and control of government to its most basic functions. That is not the MAGA way... TFG and his minions want government to wield lots of power, but with different ends. So you can't in any way call this "Trumpism."

The clown comment and reference to Fetterman is unfair. He might dress like a clown, but so far he hasn't said or done any clown type things.

It will be interesting to see if any Republican sees the magnitude of the youth vote here and attempt to turn in that direction while campaigning. It would require a forsaking of MAGA even though it has some appeal for those that MAGA. But a strong youth vote turnout could really flip this race.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:16 am
Neckbeard wrote:
km1125 wrote:

km1125 wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
One thing I am sure of is there is a victim here. I'm just not sure who it is. So I will go with.....

She's a professional in the topic and had all the resources and knowledge to know what to do in that kind of a situation. Yet it took her FOUR MONTHS to tell the tale to her friends and lawyer, then another FOUR MONTHS to file a report to make it "official".

I'm thinking after the October hearing and after he gets dismissed she launches a civil case to ensure she has a retirement package from either Mel or the University (or both).

Prior to working with Tucker and MSU, she has a pretty cozy relationship with Harbaugh and UofM. Did that play into her actions at all?
Forgot about that post. I think knowing what has been squashed by the courts since then I would revise my victim odds to 50-50
I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:16 am
Neckbeard wrote:
km1125 wrote:

km1125 wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

What's vile is what liberal goals are for any society. The quote (which was not mine, btw) is not really about kids or pedophilia at all, but just used as an example of what had been done to the economy in that country. However, you have to acknowledge it's pretty much left-exclusive on who's pushing things like MAP (minor-attracted persons) and normalizing that kind of behavior.

And I completely stand by my statement/opinion regarding Ms Tracy. She's not really a "victim" in that incident, but more like an opportunist. Nothing I've seen printing or reported in the last several months has changed my mind on that matter.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:28 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:16 pm
However, you have to acknowledge it's pretty much left-exclusive on who's pushing things like MAP (minor-attracted persons) and normalizing that kind of behavior.
[citation needed]

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:50 pm

He's right. Not going broke and losing it all when you fall ill is definitely a vile idea.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:52 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:28 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:16 pm
However, you have to acknowledge it's pretty much left-exclusive on who's pushing things like MAP (minor-attracted persons) and normalizing that kind of behavior.
[citation needed]
I'm looking for Epstein's logbook right now. I'm sure it's online somewhere.

:lol:

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:15 pm

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:36 pm

Here we go again.

More low hanging fruit.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic