Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

House Votes To Lower Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg's Salary To $1

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: House Votes To Lower Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg's Salary To $1

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:18 pm

Again, wasting bandwidth on bullshit instead of tackling REAL issues...
Agreed. This legislation will never receive a vote in the Senate, so why even bother? This is just another instance of MTG being a self-serving attention whore, something she seems to do well.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:57 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:18 pm
Agreed. This legislation will never receive a vote in the Senate, so why even bother? This is just another instance of MTG being a self-serving attention whore, something she seems to do well.
Probably so.

However, it's painfully obvious to any casual observer that you could fill a thimble with whatever Mayor Pete knows about "transportation"

These days, in most big cities, the only bicycle riders are middle aged crackheads.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:11 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:57 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Probably so.

However, it's painfully obvious to any casual observer that you could fill a thimble with whatever Mayor Pete knows about "transportation"

These days, in most big cities, the only bicycle riders are middle aged crackheads.
You haven't been in many US cities have you? Cars will be less and less with the exception of Ecars.

I would encourage you to learn a bit about Pete's background. You might be qualified to be his houseboy or maintenance man.

Somehow people think a H. S. diploma and journeyman experience makes them qualified to understand billion dollar department budgets wrapped in a web of regulation and legislation. I had dinner with an undersecretary in DOT a while ago (I've known her for 38 years). I assure you Pete is more than qualified.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:11 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Probably so.

You haven't been in many US cities have you? Cars will be less and less with the exception of Ecars.

I would encourage you to learn a bit about Pete's background. You might be qualified to be his houseboy or maintenance man.

Somehow people think a H. S. diploma and journeyman experience makes them qualified to understand billion dollar department budgets wrapped in a web of regulation and legislation. I had dinner with an undersecretary in DOT a while ago (I've known her for 38 years). I assure you Pete is more than qualified.
Well, we just went through a pandemic where thousands of MAGAts with barely a sixth grade education were suddenly experts on pathology: I dId My ReSeArCh! ThE cOvId VaCcInE iS pOiSoN!

Not to mention their vast expertise on constitutional law, macroeconomics, and *cough* physics *cough* :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:24 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Probably so.

Obviously you don’t live anywhere near a city then. Apparently you could fill the same thimble with your knowledge of future mobility initiatives.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:31 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Probably so.

You wouldn't even need a container to hold Betsy Devos's knowledge of education as she has none, but she was Secretary of Education... and you didn't see any Democrat try to lower her salary to $1...

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:26 am

TC Talks wrote:
Colonel Flagg wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Probably so.

We are all very impressed with your social calendar.

I had the displeasure of driving on the horrible roads in South Bend while Mayor Pete was in charge. I've seen flights cancelled like never before (including flights Pete himself was booked on) Freeways referred to as being "racist" which is patently absurd. Freight, backed up far out into the ocean trying to get into L.A. Motorists stranded on impassable I-95 south of DC, while DOT taxpayer funded signs read "Mask Up, Stay Safe!" But sure, what the hell, Pete is a genius.

As for RT, you're right. I have zero interest in using public transportation. I don't need it. Thanks anyway 👍
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:39 am

Thanks for your "old curmudgeon" opinion, it's very important. I fly more this you do, and the airlines have been quite stable lately. Are you by chance flying Spirit?

Many communities don't prioritize roads that largely benefit non-residence. You aren't a tax payer in South Bend are you?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:33 am

My daughters are and they lived under his time in office. He was a horrible mayor and my youngest voted for him. When he ran for President those who worked under his administration came out in published statements and said that he was in over his head as Mayor and would be worse as President.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:30 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:00 pm
Well, we just went through a pandemic where thousands of MAGAts with barely a sixth grade education were suddenly experts on pathology: I dId My ReSeArCh! ThE cOvId VaCcInE iS pOiSoN!
Yeah, and the actual "experts" did a fantastic job at handling Covid, didn't they? :roll:

And how about all those politicians who were self-proclaimed Covid experts?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:44 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:30 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:00 pm
Yeah, and the actual "experts" did a fantastic job at handling Covid, didn't they? :roll:

And how about all those politicians who were self-proclaimed Covid experts?
As it was a new virus and science evolves as new data comes out, yes, the medical experts did the best they could with the information they had. I was talking about the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging MAGAts that watched Fucker Carlson and looked at pretty pictures on Breitbart and Gateway Pundit as their "research."

Politicians on the other hand... well, we can all agree lockdowns, etc. were a load of bullshit, especially after data came out that it really wasn't helping to "flatten the curve."

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:01 am

Yes, there were crazy anti-vaxxers who did not rely on proven science or actual data to support their anti-vax position. But I would suggest to you that those were a small minority and that of the Covid vaccine skeptics, the majority of that group of people was a rational-thinking group that was, more than anything, simply skeptical of how the government handled Covid and skeptical of the medical industrial complex.

My personal opinions were rooted largely in the CDC's own data and the IHME's data and projections. My biggest issue with how things were handled was that everything was a one-size-fits-all solution as opposed to a risk-based solution. Specifically, the CDC's own data showed (and fairly early on even before we had a vaccine) that people over 50 who got Covid were 30x more likely to die than people under 50. Yet, we as a society largely acted like a 25-year-old healthy person needed to behave like and take the same precautions as an 80-year-old fat-ass diabetic. My other major gripe was how it was nearly taboo to even suggest that having had Covid offered better longer-term immunity than did the vaccine. Time has proven that to be a generally true statement.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:22 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:01 am
Yes, there were crazy anti-vaxxers who did not rely on proven science or actual data to support their anti-vax position. But I would suggest to you that those were a small minority and that of the Covid vaccine skeptics, the majority of that group of people was a rational-thinking group that was, more than anything, simply skeptical of how the government handled Covid and skeptical of the medical industrial complex.

My personal opinions were rooted largely in the CDC's own data and the IHME's data and projections. My biggest issue with how things were handled was that everything was a one-size-fits-all solution as opposed to a risk-based solution. Specifically, the CDC's own data showed (and fairly early on even before we had a vaccine) that people over 50 who got Covid were 30x more likely to die than people under 50. Yet, we as a society largely acted like a 25-year-old healthy person needed to behave like and take the same precautions as an 80-year-old fat-ass diabetic. My other major gripe was how it was nearly taboo to even suggest that having had Covid offered better longer-term immunity than did the vaccine. Time has proven that to be a generally true statement.
Well damn... how is it I agree with your post 100%?? I need to grab more coffee. :8)

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:24 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:26 am
TC Talks wrote:
Colonel Flagg wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Probably so.

We are all very impressed with your social calendar.

I had the displeasure of driving on the horrible roads in South Bend while Mayor Pete was in charge. I've seen flights cancelled like never before (including flights Pete himself was booked on) Freeways referred to as being "racist" which is patently absurd. Freight, backed up far out into the ocean trying to get into L.A. Motorists stranded on impassable I-95 south of DC, while DOT taxpayer funded signs read "Mask Up, Stay Safe!" But sure, what the hell, Pete is a genius.

As for RT, you're right. I have zero interest in using public transportation. I don't need it. Thanks anyway 👍
There were some place where the design at the time purposely made it harder for certain people to get to the other side of it. Like say a bus full of kids from Harlem wanting to go to the beach. They put 9’ clearances in long after 9’ clearances were obsolete specifically to prevent the movement of certain groups of people. Look at 375… they obliterated the major black neighborhood in Detroit to do “urban renewal” to get that built. That’s not some coincidence.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic