Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Manchin, out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Colonel Flagg

Re: Manchin, out

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:37 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:18 pm
Romney is viewed by many as an aristocrat. If he were on the ticket, I'd still vote for that ticket over a Trump ticket or Biden ticket. However, the chances of he and his counterpart winning would be certainly reduced.

There are more likable pols than Romney available for a centrist ticket, I suspect. Sinema would arguably be a decent choice.
I don't think Romney has a prayer, teamed up with Manchin, or anyone else. Nobody wants to return to the days of hearing statements like "A weak dollar is good for the economy"

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:39 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:37 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Romney is viewed by many as an aristocrat. If he were on the ticket, I'd still vote for that ticket over a Trump ticket or Biden ticket. However, the chances of he and his counterpart winning would be certainly reduced.

There are more likable pols than Romney available for a centrist ticket, I suspect. Sinema would arguably be a decent choice.
I don't think Romney has a prayer, teamed up with Manchin, or anyone else. Nobody wants to return to the days of hearing statements like "A weak dollar is good for the economy"
On the other hand a weak dollar means more people abroad can afford our stuff. That's why china has been so successful the last 40 years... their currency is low even if that fact is artificially propped up by them.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:51 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Nobody wants to return to the days of hearing statements like "A weak dollar is good for the economy"
My personal favorite remains him saying something about how the trees in Michigan are "just the right height."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:51 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Nobody wants to return to the days of hearing statements like "A weak dollar is good for the economy"
My personal favorite remains him saying something about how the trees in Michigan are "just the right height."
Wouldn’t want any redwoods here… no sir.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:39 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

On the other hand a weak dollar means more people abroad can afford our stuff. That's why china has been so successful the last 40 years... their currency is low even if that fact is artificially propped up by them.
Biden's done a pretty good job of making our currency worth less. It's called inflation.

Biden is an inflation denier, he claimed for years it was "transitory" and did nothing to stop it.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:46 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:39 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Biden's done a pretty good job of making our currency worth less. It's called inflation.

Biden is an inflation denier, he claimed for years it was "transitory" and did nothing to stop it.
How bout that…. It came back down. Incredible.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:25 pm

So that that dollar item, that went up to $1.95, is back to a dollar?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:48 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:25 pm
So that that dollar item, that went up to $1.95, is back to a dollar?
Of course not… your coke isn’t a nickel either. But nowhere was there 95% inflation. Your dollar item would be about $1.20 now.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:23 pm

Incredible. You claim it came back down.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:23 pm
Incredible. You claim it came back down.
The year over year rate of inflation is back down . Actual deflation is bad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic