Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Abortion Protection in Red States

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

Re: Abortion Protection in Red States

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:37 am

Bill Burr sums up the abortion issue quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jj3cE-i27jc

Just let women decide for themselves.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:38 pm

Like I said, God's Will
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:21 am

Wait a minute. I thought the overturning of Roe v. Wade was going to lead to lead to back alley abortions with coat hangers in red states. You mean that's not what's happening?

(Joking aside, I was against making abortion a states' rights issue. I just don't understand why most Conservatives think it is a good idea to have 50 different definitions of when life begins. That is something we as a country need to figure out at the federal level. I'm not sure Roe was the way to do it, rather, on principle, I think it should be defined in the Constitution).

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:32 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:21 am
Wait a minute. I thought the overturning of Roe v. Wade was going to lead to lead to back alley abortions with coat hangers in red states. You mean that's not what's happening?

(Joking aside, I was against making abortion a states' rights issue. I just don't understand why most Conservatives think it is a good idea to have 50 different definitions of when life begins. That is something we as a country need to figure out at the federal level. I'm not sure Roe was the way to do it, rather, on principle, I think it should be defined in the Constitution).
I agree. I think the next Supreme Court Case could answer that. All states have criminal laws that protect the unborn - that violates equal protection in states like Michigan.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:43 am

I'm not sure what there is for the Supreme Court to answer. They just overturned Roe v. Wade, and my understanding of that ruling is not that they specifically made it a states' rights issue, but rather a legislative one as opposed to one that can be defined by a court. In other words, I think Congress could pass and the President could sign into law legislation today defining when life begins. Good luck finding a consensus that is neither conception nor birth.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:33 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:43 am
I'm not sure what there is for the Supreme Court to answer. They just overturned Roe v. Wade, and my understanding of that ruling is not that they specifically made it a states' rights issue, but rather a legislative one as opposed to one that can be defined by a court. In other words, I think Congress could pass and the President could sign into law legislation today defining when life begins. Good luck finding a consensus that is neither conception nor birth.
I feel the Supremes did the right thing. Flop it in the state's lap. And I hope they decline to hear it again. I also don't want any decrees from the president or US Congress on the matter.

Unfortunately this won't happen. A state decides one way. Those who didn't like it want to go to court.

It's done. Put the paddles down and quit playing ping pong with this. If a state legislature or voter referendum didn't go your way, too bad. The majority has spoke.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:21 am
Are you sure we don't have unlicensed facilities? You guys are the deregulation crowd.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:34 pm

MAGAts when tRump was able to place three justices on the SCOTUS: "YAY! Now we'll get Roe v Wade overturned and abortion banned!!"

MAGAts when the SCOTUS overturned R v W: "WOO HOO!! It's happening!!"

MAGAts when they realize their dumbasses are in the minority as state after state votes to keep abortion rights: *crickets*

So. Much. Winning!!!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic