Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Abortion Protection in Red States

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Abortion Protection in Red States

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:09 pm

I think that Republicans needs to really evaluate their support of the Pro Life and against weed.

It's God's Will

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Abortion Protection in Red States

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:49 pm

Let me be the first to make accusations about cheating, dead people voting, Witch hunting, brown people voting, stolen election, purple and white polka dotted people voting, and.... oh my, I'm losing so much blood with a gaping head wound from the right... where was I ? It's the media and the liberals, it's....geez, the room is spinning and I'm cold. Dishonest polling, manipulated data (a favorite by some people around here) Stuffed...getting weaker....ballot boxes....getting weaker...The swamp... I really don't know where I am....What year is it?.... A single bright light at the end of a tunnel ahead...can't feel my fingers.... labored breathing... last words coming...Drink Ovaltine... *poof*

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:36 pm

Don't believe anything you hear or anything you see.

It's fake news.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:09 pm
I think that Republicans needs to really evaluate their support of the Pro Life and against weed.

It's God's Will

I was just fixing to post about this. The best thing to happen for the left in a long time is what happened with Roe v. Wade. The U.S. is a pro-choice country!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:07 pm

BLINKS EYES, LOOKS AROUND, I'm alive !!!!

Yeah, for as long back as I can remember polls and election results were/are 60% pro-choice give or take a couple of points. Ohio's results are completely consistent with what voters have been saying for years. Another winning strategy from your Republican pals. :roll:

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:12 am

Add full control of the Virginia legislature to the Democrats good night. The Republicans very likely have a serious problem next year.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:06 am

Not shocked by the Ohio results at all. I have always thought it should be a state issue not a federal issue.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:40 am

TC Talks wrote:

It's God's Will

It's always a good day when our rights to kill our children are enshrined. Thoughts and good vibes to all the warriors who fought tirelessly for this!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:49 am

Ohio is a red state now?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:54 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:49 am
Ohio is a red state now?
Relatively speaking yes… the entire state government is Republican led and it’s not close, the last couple of presidential elections haven’t been particularly close and it just elected a clown like J.D. Vance…

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:58 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:54 am
Matt wrote:
Ohio is a red state now?
Relatively speaking yes… the entire state government is Republican led and it’s not close, the last couple of presidential elections haven’t been particularly close and it just elected a clown like J.D. Vance…
Fair to say it's trending red? If Brown goes down and the Republican candidate (hopefully not Trump) wins handily, I'll accept that it's a red state.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:59 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:58 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:54 am
Matt wrote:
Ohio is a red state now?
Fair to say it's trending red? If Brown goes down and the Republican candidate (hopefully not Trump) wins handily, I'll accept that it's a red state.
I can live with that for another cycle. Iowa seems to be doing the same thing.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:19 am

Mike Dewine, Republican Governor of Ohio came out against the abortion ban as did most politicos in the state.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:23 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:40 am
TC Talks wrote:

It's God's Will

It's always a good day when our rights to kill our children are enshrined. Thoughts and good vibes to all the warriors who fought tirelessly for this!
I can't let this pass. As a true Leftie/Libtard/Progressive voter, I am saddened and sickened by abortion as a tool for birth control. But this fits, with me, in the bucket of.. there are better ways to reduce abortions than banning them. Outlawing Meth, Murder and Comic Books (do your research) did nothing to stop their availability. Also, no one talks to DOCTORS when they write these laws... most bans on abortion limit doctors on doing things that help save women's lives that TECHNICALLY would be considered illegal thru the ham handed wording of the law.

AR 14's kill children, and we've enshrined their rights to do so. Hunger kills children, disease kills children, war kills children... I could go on.

This is not an easy to define zero sum game... and your attempt to make it so only shows your lack of ability to comprehend the complexity. Thoughts and prayers to you..

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:51 am

TC Talks wrote:

It's God's Will
Like many, you like to lump everything together. ALL Christians are against weed, abortion, homosexual, etc, etc.

That's simply not true. Jesus greatest commandment was to love one another. No red letters in the Bible condemn homosexual, or someone identifying as a cat. Love everyone no matter how quirky they may be.

But the killing of a fetus is different. It's right in God's Top Ten. Thou Shall Not Kill. Jesus talks often about taking care of children. It's a life starting at conception. You know it just as much as I do.

I believe you have said in the past you are an elder in an online church. You know the Bible. You know the Lord. I want you to make a case that someone who supported abortion in their brief moment here on earth is going to be allowed through the gates of heaven for eternity.

It's not Christian to be judgemental. And I admit that's what I'm doing. And if you hadn't professed to be a church official in the past, I wouldn't be saying this. And I would never judge someone who didn't know the Lord like I'm judging you now.

But I want you to make a case, having supported abortion and voted yes on Prop 3, that St. Pete isn't going to look at you and say "Nah" and point to the down escalator.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic