Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump will be president in 2024

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Trump will be president in 2024

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:10 pm

Prolly. LOL

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:51 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:47 pm
If Trump does regain the White House next year....
You'll see Liberals from around Detroit being the first ones to jump off the Gordie Howe Bridge....
Most people on the left don't want him! They want to vote against the orange Boogeyman. I don't blame anyone with not wanting Trump, I don't want him, either. But the problem is that there is no other alternative. These are the absolute worst candidates from both sides. It almost feels like trolling.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:45 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:51 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
You'll see Liberals from around Detroit being the first ones to jump off the Gordie Howe Bridge....
Most people on the left don't want him! They want to vote against the orange Boogeyman. I don't blame anyone with not wanting Trump, I don't want him, either. But the problem is that there is no other alternative. These are the absolute worst candidates from both sides. It almost feels like trolling.
I agree with you...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:04 am

Neckbeard wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Why do people dislike Biden? I don't agree with his politics. He's so far right, he makes even Bernie Sanders look progressive. But he seems like a competent leader. He has your economy on a tear.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:04 am
Neckbeard wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Why do people dislike Biden? I don't agree with his politice but he seems like a competent leader. He has your economy on a tear.
There are plenty of reasons, depending on who you are. Personally, I don't personally dislike him and I believe that 20 years ago he would have been a great choice. I believe that he is too old for his position and that he is exhibiting cognitive problems. My perception is that he is easily misled and probably manipulated by people around him. I say that because of his behavior during speeches and after speeches. Really, whenever in public he seems terribly lost.

Associated, I believe he's been terribly corrupted. All politicians are to an extent if they get to the level of power he has gotten to. You do have to make deals with the devil to get to that point, but I believe that he had likely corrupted himself by associating with countries that we should be wary of and have limited association with like KSA and China.

He also has approached left-leaning policies and issues in ways that were terribly weak. A year after the BLM protests were going on, he had no real message. Being president in the U.S. means that you have a voice that can influence people. He did not articulate a genuine message and nothing was done to show that change would come to how law enforcement is held accountable for their behavior.

He hasn't encouraged investigation into how COVID became what it became. If this was an accidental or purposeful leak of a virus, then that is something that should not be kept under wraps and the public needs to know.

I don't blame him for the current employment and inflation issues, these are things that had been predicted long, long ago. I remember reading reports from McKinsey where they literally spelled out how the labor issue would exist in 2020 and we can only spend so much on "defense" and tax credits before something like this would happen.

Also, during the UAW strike, he was really weak and did not do much of anything to support the union.

Biden did have leadership competence, but that was long, long ago. He was a very bright man, but Father Time has taken that from him. It happened to John McCain, it happens to a lot of people who could be good for our country, or at least adequate. Politics often makes me think of professional wrestling. At one point in time, there were several people who would be good or better in that top position, but there can only be one, and sometimes it isn't the best person. In the 00's there were plenty of people more equipped to be president than Dubya, but once Dubya was ready to step aside, those people's prime had long passed. In the 80s, Hulk Hogan was the hottest thing out there. Andre and Ted DiBiase would have been great with a title run, but Hogan wasn't falling off. By the time Hogan's run was over, Andre and Ted were past their prime/dead. Biden would have been good at one point, but that point isn't now. Trump would have never been good, he just knows how to rile up the LCD. So right now, the battle is between a has-been and a never-was. Sadly, there really doesn't seem to be anyone willing to step up who is worth a damn.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:26 pm

Neckbeard wrote:

Also, during the UAW strike, he was really weak and did not do much of anything to support the union.
Except go out on the picket line, unlike EVERY president since the nation's inception. At the least it was symbolically significant. Also, none of us knows the content of meetings and phone calls that were made by Biden to bring about a resolution.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:19 am
I got to thinking about this thread last night (yes I know get a life :) )

What if Biden can pull off a peace accord before next November? Like Carter and Clinton, get everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya for the cameras. Of course it will probably last about as long as when James Earl and William Jefferson tried it.

I'm thinking if he could pull it off, even if the One Big Happy only last until after election day, would be a good thing for him.
The right will call him the anti christ.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:38 pm

If the Democrats want a decent shot at winning next year (though last night's election results were pretty good), then they have to pull something that will truly get the electorate excited. You know there's a H*** swath of people that won't vote for you no matter what. So how do you sway those voters back? Student loan relief? Health care? Day care? This riding the center, vanilla flavored vanilla stuff won't cut it. This business of running the country with policies from the early 60s isn't gonna win any favor.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:39 pm

I also want to add that, while everyone thinks the presidential election is the most important in the world, I made it a point to vote in my local election yesterday. I was voter #36. At 10am. That's ridiculous.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:22 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:39 pm
I also want to add that, while everyone thinks the presidential election is the most important in the world, I made it a point to vote in my local election yesterday. I was voter #36. At 10am. That's ridiculous.
Most people vote absentee now. Warren had a decent turnout, but 80% was absentee.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:55 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Why do people dislike Biden? I don't agree with his politice but he seems like a competent leader. He has your economy on a tear.
There are plenty of reasons, depending on who you are. Personally, I don't personally dislike him and I believe that 20 years ago he would have been a great choice. I believe that he is too old for his position and that he is exhibiting cognitive problems. My perception is that he is easily misled and probably manipulated by people around him. I say that because of his behavior during speeches and after speeches. Really, whenever in public he seems terribly lost.

Associated, I believe he's been terribly corrupted. All politicians are to an extent if they get to the level of power he has gotten to. You do have to make deals with the devil to get to that point, but I believe that he had likely corrupted himself by associating with countries that we should be wary of and have limited association with like KSA and China.

He also has approached left-leaning policies and issues in ways that were terribly weak. A year after the BLM protests were going on, he had no real message. Being president in the U.S. means that you have a voice that can influence people. He did not articulate a genuine message and nothing was done to show that change would come to how law enforcement is held accountable for their behavior.

He hasn't encouraged investigation into how COVID became what it became. If this was an accidental or purposeful leak of a virus, then that is something that should not be kept under wraps and the public needs to know.

I don't blame him for the current employment and inflation issues, these are things that had been predicted long, long ago. I remember reading reports from McKinsey where they literally spelled out how the labor issue would exist in 2020 and we can only spend so much on "defense" and tax credits before something like this would happen.

Biden did have leadership competence, but that was long, long ago. He was a very bright man, but Father Time has taken that from him. It happened to John McCain, it happens to a lot of people who could be good for our country, or at least adequate. Politics often makes me think of professional wrestling. At one point in time, there were several people who would be good or better in that top position, but there can only be one, and sometimes it isn't the best person. In the 00's there were plenty of people more equipped to be president than Dubya, but once Dubya was ready to step aside, those people's prime had long passed. In the 80s, Hulk Hogan was the hottest thing out there. Andre and Ted DiBiase would have been great with a title run, but Hogan wasn't falling off. By the time Hogan's run was over, Andre and Ted were past their prime/dead. Biden would have been good at one point, but that point isn't now. Trump would have never been good, he just knows how to rile up the LCD. So right now, the battle is between a has-been and a never-was. Sadly, there really doesn't seem to be anyone willing to step up who is worth a damn.
To review, "Personally, you don't personally dislike Biden", but you feel the need to prattle on for 7 paragraphs, defending your position. That's rather telling, isn't it?

Give me a break on the picket line jazz. The guy was barely there for a minute.

Biden has been a racist and a buffoon since the '70's. Joe was against bussing, because he didn't want his kids "attending school in a jungle"

Let's not forget (paraphrase) "Barack is one of those clean, articulate black guys"

Or...my favorite

"Poor kids are just as important as white kids"

-Joe Biden
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:29 am

Its adorable to watch boomers call other boomers racist when they say shit like this:
Confederate Flagg 1488 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:57 am
Huel was always a little too smug and uppity for me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:29 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:55 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:

To review, "Personally, you don't personally dislike Biden", but you feel the need to prattle on for 7 paragraphs, defending your position. That's rather telling, isn't it?

Give me a break on the picket line jazz. The guy was barely there for a minute.

Biden has been a racist and a buffoon since the '70's. Joe was against bussing, because he didn't want his kids "attending school in a jungle"

Let's not forget (paraphrase) "Barack is one of those clean, articulate black guys"

Or...my favorite

"Poor kids are just as important as white kids"

-Joe Biden
At least Biden showed up in front of union workers. Trump spoke at a non-union supplier.

What Will you have on the at the next riot in 2025? My money is on the Viking helmet.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:44 pm

"January 6 was a beautiful day."
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:44 pm
"January 6 was a beautiful day."
A crisp winter day. the sun glistening off the snow, a picturesque Orthodox Christmas eve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic