Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Boebert Wants “America’s Most Dangerous Weapon” Declared the “National Gun” in the Wake of Tragic Mass Shootings

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
teetoppz28

Re: Boebert Wants “America’s Most Dangerous Weapon” Declared the “National Gun” in the Wake of Tragic Mass Shootings

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:51 pm

Taco wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:34 pm
I don't own any assault rifles. Nor do I need them or want them. What would I need one for?? What would any civilian really need one for?
To compensate for having a small penis. An AR-15 goes great with a jacked-up truck waving a "tRump 2016" flag! The cherry on top is a Made in China MAGAt hat on the driver. :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Round Six

Re: Boebert Wants “America’s Most Dangerous Weapon” Declared the “National Gun” in the Wake of Tragic Mass Shootings

Post by Round Six » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:13 pm

Taco wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:34 pm
I don't own any assault rifles. Nor do I need them or want them. What would I need one for?? What would any civilian really need one for?
I think we're on the same page. Like I said in my past missive, what is called an assault rifle seems to not have any practical purpose outside of law enforcement or the military.

I don't believe any game hunters use them. Not only deer, bear, elk, whatever here in the states. But also for shooting the biggest African animals allowed.
Why allow Joe Citizen to own one?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:52 pm

Because I know exactly what someone said and what they meant when they wrote it down 300 years ago. I'm good like that.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:24 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:52 pm
Because I know exactly what someone said and what they meant when they wrote it down 300 years ago. I'm good like that.
Lots and lots of other documents were floating around when the Amendments were drafted. Those documents outline the thoughts of the people involved and those documents STILL exist in their original form.

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:02 am

Just food for thought here playing devils advocate but should laws and amendments be absolute? Shouldn't there be some wiggle room to adjust with the "times" one happens to live in? I love and respect our constitution but I think there can be an opportunity adjust for the times. What worked way back when might not work well now and vice versa. I don't think our founding fathers ever even considered that nut jobs would mow people down, our own citizens, with an automatic weapon.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:35 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:24 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Lots and lots of other documents were floating around when the Amendments were drafted. Those documents outline the thoughts of the people involved and those documents STILL exist in their original form.
Based on having a king rule you, not wanting that and not wanting to be caught with their pants down should the British come back. That line of thinking expired unannounced in about 1812. Turns out times change. Who knew?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:35 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Based on having a king rule you, not wanting that and not wanting to be caught with their pants down should the British come back. That line of thinking expired unannounced in about 1812. Turns out times change. Who knew?
The world has changed quite a bit over 5000 years, but there are some things that haven't changed at all. Folks like to concentrate power. Governing bodies like to assert power over their subordinates. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely. Lots of stuff like that haven't changed one iota in 5000 years, nor in the last 250.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:04 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:35 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
The world has changed quite a bit over 5000 years, but there are some things that haven't changed at all. Folks like to concentrate power. Governing bodies like to assert power over their subordinates. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely. Lots of stuff like that haven't changed one iota in 5000 years, nor in the last 250.
But the facts and reasoning are rooted in the thinking and circumstances of the time as is their world view. What was happening in 3000 BC is an anecdote at best to their thoughts and observations about the world they lived in which is very much different than our own. Constitutional originalists are very much the Amish of the political world.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:09 pm

I'd venture to say the founding fathers knew and understood human nature more than any of the folks that succeeded them.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:05 am

Taco wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:02 am
Just food for thought here playing devils advocate but should laws and amendments be absolute? Shouldn't there be some wiggle room to adjust with the "times" one happens to live in? I love and respect our constitution but I think there can be an opportunity adjust for the times. What worked way back when might not work well now and vice versa. I don't think our founding fathers ever even considered that nut jobs would mow people down, our own citizens, with an automatic weapon.
Of course laws and amendments are not absolute.
I can't burn leaves in the street anymore. I can't have horses and chickens in my backyard. I can't take a dump in a creek.
All of the above was allowed at one time. Laws change. Times change.

I also can't own a live bazooka or have a Sherman tank capable of firing off a round.
Why can't I own either using the argument I have the right to bear arms?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:48 pm

Boebert looks like she would be a good time at a bowling alley up in Capac or something like that. Just don't talk about politics or vital social issues and stuff with her. Keep the discussion to Marlboros v. Newports, Jim Beam v. Jack Daniels, and the virtues of venison over beef, and you should be in those Walmart drawers within the hour.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:36 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:48 pm
Boebert looks like she would be a good time at a bowling alley up in Capac or something like that. Just don't talk about politics or vital social issues and stuff with her. Keep the discussion to Marlboros v. Newports, Jim Beam v. Jack Daniels, and the virtues of venison over beef, and you should be in those Walmart drawers within the hour.
Just keep her mouth full, so she can't speak! :hat

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:51 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:36 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Doesn't work. Putin and Kim tried that with Trump.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:53 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:51 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:36 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Doesn't work. Putin and Kim tried that with Trump.
They were also upset that tRump kept leaving an orange face marking on their pants afterward...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic