Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:08 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:55 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:20 am
I don't think there's anywhere in the state of Nevada that could be, or should be, called The Holy land.

You guys are forgetting the religious significance to their faith and culture that that area of the world holds.

Which brings to mind another question, how many mosques are there in israel? Now once you found that answer, find out how many synagogues there are in Gaza.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing too many pride flags flying over in that area either.
Unfortunately the other two Abrahamic faiths also lay claim to the same spot and it holds the same level of significance. Now we are right back to my semi-serious idea to nuke everybody and start over in 200 years.
And people from those two groups, along with many Christians, are allowed to live there, worship there, survive and thrive alongside the Israelis. The same cannot be said about Gaza.
And how would you describe the conditions for people living in Gaza, say last year? Safe to say they were not treated the same as people living in harmony in the Detroit area (which is one of the largest peaceful melting pots in the world).
Hamas gets over 100 million dollars a year (some reports go up to a billion).

How much of that are they using to improve the living conditions of the people living in Gaza?

Many of the folks in Gaza were allowed to work and make a good living in Israel. Probably a lot more could if Israel didn't have to be concerned for their safety and the presence of Hamas. ALL those folks would be better off if Israel didn't have to worry about Hamas.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:29 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:31 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:08 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:55 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:20 am
I don't think there's anywhere in the state of Nevada that could be, or should be, called The Holy land.

You guys are forgetting the religious significance to their faith and culture that that area of the world holds.

Which brings to mind another question, how many mosques are there in israel? Now once you found that answer, find out how many synagogues there are in Gaza.

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing too many pride flags flying over in that area either.
Unfortunately the other two Abrahamic faiths also lay claim to the same spot and it holds the same level of significance. Now we are right back to my semi-serious idea to nuke everybody and start over in 200 years.
And people from those two groups, along with many Christians, are allowed to live there, worship there, survive and thrive alongside the Israelis. The same cannot be said about Gaza.
And how would you describe the conditions for people living in Gaza, say last year? Safe to say they were not treated the same as people living in harmony in the Detroit area (which is one of the largest peaceful melting pots in the world).
Hamas gets over 100 million dollars a year (some reports go up to a billion).

How much of that are they using to improve the living conditions of the people living in Gaza?

Many of the folks in Gaza were allowed to work and make a good living in Israel. Probably a lot more could if Israel didn't have to be concerned for their safety and the presence of Hamas. ALL those folks would be better off if Israel didn't have to worry about Hamas.
This is completely correct.

If Hamas would lay down their weapons, their would be peace in the region. If Israel would do that, they would be blown off the map.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:44 pm

Once again, you fail to understand a complex situation. Hamas wasn't elected. 50% of Gaza are children (who don't vote). It's largely refugees.

Israel completely controls the strip, as evident with power, water and food being cut off immediately after attacks.

Keep trying to demonize families and children. You are either ignorant or xenophobic or both.

If you can read: https://www.npr.org/2023/10/10/12048731 ... gaza-strip
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:44 pm
Once again, you fail to understand a complex situation. Hamas wasn't elected. 50% of Gaza are children (who don't vote). It's largely refugees.

Israel completely controls the strip, as evident with power, water and food being cut off immediately after attacks.

Keep trying to demonize families and children. You are either ignorant or xenophobic or both.

If you can read: https://www.npr.org/2023/10/10/12048731 ... gaza-strip
Once again, you are wrong.
The Hamas administration was led by Ismail Haniyeh from 2007 to 2014 and again from 2016. After Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections on 25 January 2006, Ismail Haniyeh was nominated Prime Minister, establishing a Palestinian national unity government with Fatah

And what you don't get is that Hamas would rather have all those children killed so they can parade them in front of TV cameras to paint Israelis as the evil satan.

They don't think like you or I do. They would rather sacrifice their children than to save them all in the name of eradicating Israel and all the Jews worldwide.

If you want to save the children in Gaza call on your buddies from Hamas, who are hiding out in posh apartments in both turkey and Qatar, to surrender, turn themselves in and call for all hamas members to lay down their arms. Problem solved.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:37 pm

Sounds like Israel might be falling into Hamas plans then?

BTW, they weren't elected...
Hamas has been in power in the Gaza Strip since 2007 after a brief war against Fatah forces loyal to President Mahmoud Abbas, the head of the Palestinian Authority and Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).
This guy has your logic rolling around in his head... "They attacked us first"
But Hamdan insisted that the group was attacking only settlers living in illegal settlements, whom he described as legitimate targets.

“You have to differentiate between settlers and civilians. Settlers attacked Palestinians,” Hamdan said.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:49 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:37 pm

BTW, they weren't elected...
Showing your ignorance again.

PBS far enough left that you'll trust their reporting?
Fatah supporters took to the streets of Ramallah last night to celebrate a victory that was not theirs. The exit polls got it wrong. The faction founded by the late Yasser Arafat had not, in fact, won a narrow victory. Instead, it was roundly defeated by the radical Islamic organization Hamas.

And by day, it was Hamas supporters who were jamming the streets. Running in their first national electoral outing, Hamas candidates won a H*** victory, securing 76 seats to Fatah's 43 in the Palestinian Legislative Council.

Hamas voters descended on the council building, tore down the Palestinian flag and flew their own Islamic banner, underscoring the end to Fatah's ten-year dominance of government here.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/hamas ... -elections
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:56 am

Bryce, you're wasting your time. You're trying to debate someone who stands with paraglider terrorists, people who shoot old ladies in the back, and people who put knives to necks of innocent reporters.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:10 am

Wonder how many democrat stand with Hamas in this? We know the squad does, but how many others, besides brain dead college kids, will be wiling to admit they want the destruction of Israel?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:22 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:10 am
Wonder how many democrat stand with Hamas in this? We know the squad does, but how many others, besides brain dead college kids, will be wiling to admit they want the destruction of Israel?
If this poll is even remotely accurate, then age is more determinant of one's stance than is party affiliation. Though, I am curious as to why so many more Independents are opposed to the US explicitly supporting Israel than are Democrats?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:52 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:22 am
zzand wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:10 am
If this poll is even remotely accurate, then age is more determinant of one's stance than is party affiliation. Though, I am curious as to why so many more Independents are opposed to the US explicitly supporting Israel than are Democrats?
<snip image>
I don't really know, but I'd suggest that more Independents are thinking our debt is a higher priority than us getting involved in another foreign military affair, even if it was for a good cause.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:27 pm

I doubt that's it. I suspect it is a matter of more young people calling themselves "independents" as opposed to affiliating with either party, and hence, just a correlation with the poll as it pertains to age.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:27 pm
I doubt that's it. I suspect it is a matter of more young people calling themselves "independents" as opposed to affiliating with either party, and hence, just a correlation with the poll as it pertains to age.
Yea, I could see that too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:14 pm

This is a trick situation for sure... This on the heals of news that 50 additional Israeli's were discovered held hostage.

It is tragic for sure and I certainly am empathetic for anyone victimized period. At what point does killing civilians as a retaliation to a terrorist act become evil?

10,000+ people wounded and no water, electricity or supplies.
But the strikes are exacting a growing toll on Gaza’s people. The Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Monday that 2,808 people have been killed and 10,850 wounded.

Israel has also declared a “complete siege” to deprive the impoverished enclave of energy, food and water. The result, with Gaza’s borders closed by Israel and Egypt, is a desperate population jammed into an area about the size of Las Vegas, with less food, water, medical supplies and fuel as the days go on.

Gaza’s Interior Ministry said that no water had reached the enclave in 10 days, despite remarks from the White House on Sunday that Israel had agreed to restore water to the southern part of the strip.
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:54 pm

I can't say this is appropriate for Israel as a response to Hamas. It won't win hearts and minds from the world watching.
At least 500 people were killed by an explosion at a hospital in Gaza City on Tuesday that Palestinian authorities said was caused by an Israeli airstrike.

The Palestinian Health Ministry said the number of casualties was expected to rise. Many civilians were sheltering at Al Ahli Arab Hospital, better known as Al-Ma’amadani, before it was hit.

The Israeli military said it was investigating if it was responsible for the blast. “We’re checking,” said Maj. Nir Dinar, a military spokesman. In the past, rockets fired by Palestinian armed groups have occasionally malfunctioned and hit civilian neighborhoods.

The deadly blast on the hospital came as President Biden was preparing for a visit to Israel on Wednesday as conditions in besieged Gaza grew ever more desperate. What little remains of the enclave’s food, fuel and water supplies was dwindling fast on Tuesday, and hundreds of thousands of people were on the move, fleeing the strip’s northern half to escape a planned Israeli ground invasion.

Israel has blocked basic necessities from reaching Gaza and has launched daily airstrikes in retaliation for the Oct. 7 cross-border attacks, in which 1,400 Israelis died and 200 people were taken hostage by the Hamas militants who control the enclave.

By Tuesday, the consequences of the blockade and strikes were inescapable: Rescuers were struggling to free some 1,200 people trapped under rubble, fights were breaking out over loaves of bread and hospitals were grappling with how to treat the rapidly growing number of wounded and ill as their generators ran short of fuel. Palestinian officials said that at least 2,800 people have been killed and 10,000 others have been wounded in the Israeli strikes.
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:47 pm

It remains to be seena who is responsible for the explosion. I know you want it to be Israel but wait for results of the investigation before you celebrate too much

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic