Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:30 pm

I'm with beemer on one thing. I, too, was totally on board for the Iraq war. I was a scared 18 year old kid who saw his country attacked and wanted any "threat" eradicated. I was remiss on that. But we can all agree...fear sells. And I'm just about burnt on bad news.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:10 pm
bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:24 pm
I have, and I stand by it. If you have a specific criticism of my comment, I'll address that. Otherwise, I'm not a mind-reader.
So who is going to offer the olive branch? The terrorists?
There's no olive branches for either side to hand out. I think it is an unspoken given that the terrorists never will. And since you don't try to make peace with terrorists...well....my comment stands.

There's only one solution to deal with terrorists: extermination.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:51 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
I have, and I stand by it. If you have a specific criticism of my comment, I'll address that. Otherwise, I'm not a mind-reader.
There's no olive branches for either side to hand out. I think it is an unspoken given that the terrorists never will. And since you don't try to make peace with terrorists...well....my comment stands.

There's only one solution to deal with terrorists: extermination.
I missed the part in the bible where it says you need to kill everybody in a hundred mile radius of the terrorist. It must be the catholic bible, eh?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:53 am

I missed the news story where Israel killed every human being within a hundred mile radius of anything.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:42 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:30 pm
I'm with beemer on one thing. I, too, was totally on board for the Iraq war. I was a scared 18 year old kid who saw his country attacked and wanted any "threat" eradicated. I was remiss on that. But we can all agree...fear sells. And I'm just about burnt on bad news.
I actually wrote a letter to George W Bush for him not to invade Iraq.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:58 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
More than 150,000 Iraq citizens were killed in that "war".
https://www.statista.com/statistics/269 ... ince-2003/
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:22 am

"Israel Planes Bomb Gaza Hospital" was pretty definitive at the time I read the paper.
“While we continue to collect information, our current assessment, based on analysis of overhead imagery, intercepts and open-source information, is that Israel is not responsible for the explosion at the hospital in Gaza yesterday,” Watson said in a statement on Wednesday.

The NSC followed up with an additional statement Wednesday afternoon leaning further into its assessment. “Intelligence indicates that some Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip believed that the explosion was likely caused by an errant rocket or missile launch carried out by Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ). The militants were still investigating what had happened,” Watson said.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/18/politics ... index.html
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:38 am

Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Why would anyone expect an olive branch to come from, or one to be offered to, an organization that in it's charter, or covenant, calls for the extermination of the Jewish people?

This is a translation of excerpts of the original 1988 charter of Hamas.
'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.
'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him.'
'The day the enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In the face of the Jews' usurpation, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised.'

'Ranks will close, fighters joining other fighters, and masses everywhere in the Islamic world will come forward in response to the call of duty, loudly proclaiming: 'Hail to Jihad!'. This cry will reach the heavens and will go on being resounded until liberation is achieved, the invaders vanquished and Allah's victory comes about.'
As far as negotiating a peaceful solution? Nah, don't think that's going to happen.
'[Peace] initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement... Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the infidels as arbitrators in the lands of Islam... There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility.'
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:14 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:38 am
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Why would anyone expect an olive branch to come from, or one to be offered to, an organization that in it's charter, or covenant, calls for the extermination of the Jewish people?

This is a translation of excerpts of the original 1988 charter of Hamas.
'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.
'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him.'
'The day the enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In the face of the Jews' usurpation, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised.'

'Ranks will close, fighters joining other fighters, and masses everywhere in the Islamic world will come forward in response to the call of duty, loudly proclaiming: 'Hail to Jihad!'. This cry will reach the heavens and will go on being resounded until liberation is achieved, the invaders vanquished and Allah's victory comes about.'
As far as negotiating a peaceful solution? Nah, don't think that's going to happen.
'[Peace] initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement... Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the infidels as arbitrators in the lands of Islam... There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility.'
Oh look… the end result of not listening to experts, not promoting education and diving deeply into religion. They’ve been at that since about 1400.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:20 am

Having read Bryce's missive, let me throw this out there. All other countries back off and say:

"Have at it.. Hamas and Israel duke it out to the death. Just don't f$#@ with our citizens". Both factions allowed to try their best to wipe the other off the face of the earth. Who wins?

I'm not looking for commentary on how inhumane that would be. I'm just asking, if the US and other countries took the diplomatic choker chains off both sides and fired up the popcorn, which side do you think would come out the victor?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:24 am

Israel. Best trained military there is, yes, better than ours.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:08 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:14 am
Oh look… the end result of not listening to experts, not promoting education and diving deeply into religion. They’ve been at that since about 1400.
Just for clarification, are you suggesting that terrorists can be educated? And that by simply educating them, they'll abandon their terrorist way and join civilized society?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:44 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:42 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
I actually wrote a letter to George W Bush for him not to invade Iraq.
Did you promise him a car if he didn't invade? lol
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:45 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:58 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
More than 150,000 Iraq citizens were killed in that "war".
https://www.statista.com/statistics/269 ... ince-2003/
In 2003 I was all about it. By 2004, I was actively protesting it. Took me a minute to learn.
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:57 pm

bmw wrote:
The problem is that the principle of not negotiating with terrorists is only applicable when you aren't engaged in such activities yourself.

Israeli forces have a long history of excessive use of force, the use of punitive demolition and displacement, extrajudicial execution, as #keyshakindaddy would say, its a laundry list!

That is definitely not to say that the Palestinians have been innocent angels. For example, their attack the other week was horrific and inexcusable. And it isn't the first time they have put on such a shitshow. The response to it has been understandable. The people should have kept their own backyard clean and not accepted Hamas' presence. They also have a laundry list of their own.

At this point, it goes beyond "he started it!" "no, he started it!" Neither side acts in good faith and while of course I think its horrifying what is happening over there, they need to figure it out between one another and whoever is left standing, they can have that shitty strip of meaningless land and pretend its something so important that their friends and family died for a noble cause. I don't want the U.S. involved. We don't need to waste any more time, blood, or money on these things, especially when we have proven ourselves incompetent to deal with problems in that region of the planet.

So this will be very unpopular but this is how I feel 

If Iran wipes Israel off the face of the earth tomorrow, it will be a travesty, but I can't say they either side tried to be good neighbors. If Israel turns Iran into glass, then finally the noise can stop and maybe we will start respecting the immense power of these weapons again for another 80 years. I cannot feel compelled to argue that our military or money should intervene in that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic