Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:00 pm

This is always a fear about war. Go after bad guys but protect civilians.
U.N. Warns of ‘Disaster’ in Gaza as Israel Strikes Back at Hamas
More than 300,000 people are homeless as Israeli airstrikes pound Gaza in retaliation for the Hamas attack. Secretary of State Antony Blinken pledged steadfast support for Israel while calling for “every possible precaution” to protect civilians.
It's a poor choice to target hospitals
Al Shifa Hospital is the Gaza Strip’s largest medical complex. Many of the limestone villas and high-rise buildings surrounding the hospital in its affluent Gaza City neighborhood of Al Rimal have been reduced to piles of rubble and concrete. The Israeli Army claims that the neighborhood is a financial hub for Hamas, making it a target of airstrikes.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Re: Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:52 am

Are you talking about the same "civilians" that were cheering in the streets as Hamas was dragging bodies though them?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:06 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:52 am
Are you talking about the same "civilians" that were cheering in the streets as Hamas was dragging bodies though them?
The Israeli Defense Force has killed thousands of women and children this week. They targeted schools and hospitals with their bombs. They are forcing relocation. All break international humanitarian laws.

What nonsense are you trying to sell? These aren't terrorists.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:15 am

I think, and I am not putting words in his mouth, is getting a taste of their own medicine. FYI, women and children were killed in Israel as well. They don't count to you? You border on anti semitic in some of your posts.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:06 am
km1125 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:52 am
The Israeli Defense Force has killed thousands of women and children this week. They targeted schools and hospitals with their bombs. They are forcing relocation. All break international humanitarian laws.

What nonsense are you trying to sell? These aren't terrorists.
Uh.... the folks at that music festival minding their own business would like a word sparky...

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:05 pm

I mourn the deaths of civilians on both sides, but you must remember that Hamas is using schools and hospitals as places to hide weapons and terrorists and also using them as staging points to launch rockets. Of course, Hamas also uses this in attempt to bring negative PR to the IDF.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:19 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:15 am
I think, and I am not putting words in his mouth, is getting a taste of their own medicine. FYI, women and children were killed in Israel as well. They don't count to you? You border on anti semitic in some of your posts.
I am not picking sides, what happened to Israel citizens is just as awful. Attacking civilians is universally terrible, the world should be pressuring Israeli Defense Force to keep focused on the Hamas. I am focused on the future....
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:32 pm

Do the Palestinians in the Gaza strip readily accept Hamas as their defacto leaders or have there been ANY pleas to ANY international support organizations (perhaps the U.N.?) since 2007 to expel them and replace with something more representative?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:24 pm

I hate how the world is taking sides on this issue that is so complicated. You have Hamas(terrorists), PLO(sus, but a regular military), and the civilian population. For Israel, you have the far right Zionist terrorist organization(I forget the name), the IDF(a military army also sus), and civilians. There have been fights for land and water access for decades and one can argue centuries.

Having studied this conflict in my Israel v. Palestine class for a semester, there are no easy fixes and will never be.

The U.S. needs to butt out and stay out. The Iran connection is manufactured by far right sources and has not been validated. It is conjecture.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:11 pm

Oh, when something, anything goes down in the country or in the world, I know who is on what side and what they're saying here on board before I even open a thread. Predictable and sad.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:15 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:24 pm
The Iran connection is manufactured by far right sources and has not been validated. It is conjecture.
Whether they actually ordered the attacks is conjecture at this point, but there is no dispute that Iran is one of Hamas' major funding sources. https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/us/hamas ... rom%202021.
A major benefactor for Hamas is Iran, which has provided up to $100 million annually to Palestinian terrorist groups, including Hamas and Palestine Islamic Jihad, according to a US State Department report from 2021. That report noted that Hamas has raised funds in other Gulf Arab countries and from its own charity organizations.

Disclosures from the US Treasury Department have outlined the way in which Hamas has at times received Iranian funds through financiers based in Turkey and Lebanon. For example, a Lebanon-based financial operative functioned as a “middle man” between Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Hamas and worked with the Lebanese group Hezbollah to ensure funds were transferred, according to a 2019 Treasury report.

Separately, the US Treasury sanctioned nine targets in 2018 for what the department described as involvement in a network through which Iran used Russian companies to provide oil to Syria in exchange for Syria sending funding to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps that was then sent to Hamas and Hezbollah.

Iran has used various tactics to fund terrorist groups including Hamas, such as networks of shell companies, transactions masked by senior officials and the use of precious metals to evade sanctions, a 2018 US Treasury advisory stated.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:57 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:15 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:24 pm
The Iran connection is manufactured by far right sources and has not been validated. It is conjecture.
Whether they actually ordered the attacks is conjecture at this point, but there is no dispute that Iran is one of Hamas' major funding sources. https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/us/hamas ... rom%202021.
A major benefactor for Hamas is Iran, which has provided up to $100 million annually to Palestinian terrorist groups, including Hamas and Palestine Islamic Jihad, according to a US State Department report from 2021. That report noted that Hamas has raised funds in other Gulf Arab countries and from its own charity organizations.

Disclosures from the US Treasury Department have outlined the way in which Hamas has at times received Iranian funds through financiers based in Turkey and Lebanon. For example, a Lebanon-based financial operative functioned as a “middle man” between Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Hamas and worked with the Lebanese group Hezbollah to ensure funds were transferred, according to a 2019 Treasury report.

Separately, the US Treasury sanctioned nine targets in 2018 for what the department described as involvement in a network through which Iran used Russian companies to provide oil to Syria in exchange for Syria sending funding to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps that was then sent to Hamas and Hezbollah.

Iran has used various tactics to fund terrorist groups including Hamas, such as networks of shell companies, transactions masked by senior officials and the use of precious metals to evade sanctions, a 2018 US Treasury advisory stated.
BMW do you feel that innocent citizens should be protected from Israel's Army? You don't seem to be answering that question you're kind of a bastard that way and it just gives the impression you don't give a shit about anybody but you're conspiracy conservative types.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:57 am
BMW do you feel that innocent citizens should be protected from Israel's Army? You don't seem to be answering that question you're kind of a bastard that way and it just gives the impression you don't give a shit about anybody but you're conspiracy conservative types.
Don't lecture me on who I care and don't care about. While I've criticized some of your comments on this situation, I haven't questioned where your sympathies lie. I think we both agree that the loss of innocent life is tragic.

Where I am going to strongly disagree with you is in your placement of 100% of the blame on Israel for any innocent Gaza civilian lives that will inevitably be lost in the coming days. Israel didn't ask for this war; it was started by Hamas - the same group that controls the area where these innocent civilians live. Hamas is bringing death to its own people through its actions. Hamas put Israel in a tough situation, and under the circumstances, I see no other option than for Israel to go into Gaza guns-a-blazin'. Hamas could still mitigate much of this by simply releasing its 150 Israeli hostages - a group of innocent people whom, unless I missed it, I haven't seen you comment on.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:43 am

While I agree that this has been entirely the fault of Hamas terrorists, and I still don't understand the logic of starting a war with the most well trained Army in the world. The 1000+ people killed in Israel and the hostages are horrifiic. I can't agree with you on this:
I see no other option than for Israel to go into Gaza guns-a-blazin'.

You are effectively condoning genocide on innocent Palestinians not just bad actors. Honeyman's position is also careless for the innocent people in Gaza who are trapped or being forced into unassisted relocation. The world is watching closely.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:57 am

Guns' a blazin is not a literal term, but rather an idiom that more generically means "with a lot of force and energy" (Cambridge Dictionary). When I use that phrase here, I mean it in the context of obliterating Hamas. I'm not suggesting Israel go into Gaza and indiscriminately start killing civilians; rather, their goal needs to be that of taking out every single bad actor that exists, OR taking out its leaders and their infrastructure. Per the Director of National Intelligence (DNI), Hamas membership sits between 20,000 and 25,000 members. That's a lot of people to take out. If Israel goes in half-heartedly and doesn't adequately take out Hamas, then we can simply wash, rinse, and repeat.

The sad reality with regards to the innocent people there is that Hamas uses them as human shields. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/is ... 29205.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic