Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

"IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:44 pm

Anyone care to defend Trump's douche social statement?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Re: "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 pm

Well, theoretically, he didn't define who when he said "YOU", which could even mean just a fly in the corner. And he didn't say exactly HOW he was coming after anyone. So, ipso fatso, there is no meaning in that statement and it isn't admissible in court of law. It's not like he said he going after anyone special. Even then, he didn't SAY it, he TYPED it, and we can't even be sure it was him that typed it.

What about the time (enter Democratic politician's name here) said that (enter strawman statement here)?

You guys just wanna get Trump SO BAD for anything that you're reaching now. He's already a victim and has been conspired against and misunderstood his entire life. Something something THE LEFT, something something MEDIA, mucho nacho dondero, yeah.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 pm

How did I do? Did....did I do okay?
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:43 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 pm
8/10 - you forgot graphs.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:43 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 pm
8/10 - you forgot graphs.
You could have used way more words, and referenced your online intelligence scores.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:52 pm

You all keep having fun at my expense. I ended up being mostly right about Covid, and I'm reasonably confident in my legal analysis of the most recent case against Trump.

And btw - the whole IQ thing came up in the Chatterbox, not here. Which, I suspect that the reason none of you posted your scores there is because you have the IQ of a house plant.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:52 pm
You all keep having fun at my expense. I ended up being mostly right about Covid
Keep thinking that all you want.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:29 pm

bmw wrote:
You all keep having fun at my expense. I ended up being mostly right about Covid, and I'm reasonably confident in my legal analysis of the most recent case against Trump.

And btw - the whole IQ thing came up in the Chatterbox, not here. Which, I suspect that the reason none of you posted your scores there is because you have the IQ of a house plant.
You were reasonably confident in a red wave too…

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:29 pm
You were reasonably confident in a red wave too…
I was right about 2016. You were right about 2020. That makes us even. You want my 2024 predictions? My prediction right now is that this is going to be the craziest election season we've ever seen.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:41 pm

bmw wrote:

Here's your chance to criticize Trump's comments...

Also, if I recall, you ended up bearish on a red wave. I thought you said we might not take the Senate.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:45 pm

bmw wrote:

My IQ is above average. I skipped 3 questions, which I thought I could come back to, but I couldn't. I still got 124, despite of that.

I will try it again when I'm not so busy.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:04 pm

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:41 pm
Here's your chance to criticize Trump's comments...

Also, if I recall, you ended up bearish on a red wave. I thought you said we might not take the Senate.
Down the home stretch I was skeptical of how well the Senate would go. I didn't see the 53-56 R seats that some thought might happen - as best I recall I thought it would end up between 51 and 53. But obviously that didn't happen either. In fairness to RT, he was one of the few calling the Senate to outright go "D."

As to Trump's comments in question, it certainly was not a wise thing to say, at least without being more specific. Per NBC News, "In a statement early Saturday, a Trump spokesperson said, 'The Truth post cited is the definition of political speech,' and that it 'was in response to the RINO, China-loving, dishonest special interest groups and Super PACs.'"

Even if that is true, I can all but guarantee Trump just earned the prosecution a protection order.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:29 pm

In truth, I think what it comes down to is he just can't keep his fucking mouth shut. That's 90% of his problem. The other 10% of the problem is those that will defend every last word and every last action. He's a troll at best. At BEST. We all knew kids like this growing up. They would sit in class and make wise ass comments, think they're funny, think they're cute, think they're oh so edgy. And then when they get down to the principal's office, they would throw a fit that the teacher just doesn't like them and they're being picked on and that they're gonna SUE THE SCHOOL! It's the same shit now, just on another level. And just like that kid, one day they ran their mouth too much to the wrong person. And it's their own fault.
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:27 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:29 pm
In truth, I think what it comes down to is he just can't keep his fucking mouth shut. That's 90% of his problem. The other 10% of the problem is those that will defend every last word and every last action. He's a troll at best. At BEST. We all knew kids like this growing up. They would sit in class and make wise ass comments, think they're funny, think they're cute, think they're oh so edgy. And then when they get down to the principal's office, they would throw a fit that the teacher just doesn't like them and they're being picked on and that they're gonna SUE THE SCHOOL! It's the same shit now, just on another level. And just like that kid, one day they ran their mouth too much to the wrong person. And it's their own fault.
Basically. My other analogy is he’s standing just far enough behind the line to piss over it… and then argue he never crossed it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic