Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mitch Freezes Up

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Mitch Freezes Up

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:17 pm

https://youtu.be/TIFuc9R52Dw

Jesus ice skating Christ. I've been saying for how long these 80, 90 year old politicians need to go. Not only are they clearly losing their mental capacity, but they're making and passing laws based on belief systems from upwards of three generations prior.

I'm sick and tired of these Senators and Congresspeople and justices riding it out until the reaper comes calling. And before any of our "WHATABOUT" right wing friends come along, it isn't just McConnell. It's Biden. It's Trump. It's Pelosi. It's Ginsburg. It's Feinstein. It's fucking ridiculous now.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Colonel Flagg

Re: Mitch Freezes Up

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:50 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:17 pm

Jesus ice skating Christ. I've been saying for how long these 80, 90 year old politicians need to go. Not only are they clearly losing their mental capacity, but they're making and passing laws based on belief systems from upwards of three generations prior.

I'm sick and tired of these Senators and Congresspeople and justices riding it out until the reaper comes calling. And before any of our "WHATABOUT" right wing friends come along, it isn't just McConnell. It's Biden. It's Trump. It's Pelosi. It's Ginsburg. It's Feinstein. It's fucking ridiculous now.
Agreed.

I never liked Mitch. This isn't anything new. He's been wobbly for a couple years, at least. Apparently, his rancid colleagues, who were standing around, couldn't be bothered to call an ambulance, or take Mitch to the ER, because "that's not a good look" Seriously, there's not a doctor in the building? Really?

Don't forget to add the freak show that's John Fetterman to your list. That's not a good look either.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:24 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:50 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:17 pm

Agreed.

I never liked Mitch. This isn't anything new. He's been wobbly for a couple years, at least. Apparently, his rancid colleagues, who were standing around, couldn't be bothered to call an ambulance, or take Mitch to the ER, because "that's not a good look" Seriously, there's not a doctor in the building? Really?

Don't forget to add the freak show that's John Fetterman to your list. That's not a good look either.
Fetterman? It's not age, know there's actual health issues there, so he should go on that alone. I'm so tired of politics in this country being a fucking freak show.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:31 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:50 am
.... He's been wobbly for a couple years, at least. Apparently, his rancid colleagues, who were standing around, couldn't be bothered to call an ambulance, or take Mitch to the ER, because "that's not a good look" Seriously, there's not a doctor in the building? Really? ...
Honest Injun this isn't a snide comment. Like you said, McConnell has looked like he's having a stroke for years. He finally does have some sort of medical episode and no one could tell the difference.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:38 pm

I respect the fact Senator McConnell comes across as "an adult in the room" and doesn't engage in the inflammatory rhetoric that has become all too common in Washington and elsewhere.

I've not always agreed with him on policy or strategy but more often than not I do agree.

I hope his episode isn't a sign of something much more serious medically. If it is, he should seriously consider stepping down from his leadership post.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:39 pm

The median age of the Senate is nearly 66 years old. The fact that over half of the Senate is beyond retirement age is a problem.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:14 pm

The Senate has always been the elder statesmen. 66 isn't horrible, 85 is.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:38 pm
I respect the fact Senator McConnell comes across as "an adult in the room" and doesn't engage in the inflammatory rhetoric that has become all too common in Washington and elsewhere.

I've not always agreed with him on policy or strategy but more often than not I do agree.

I hope his episode isn't a sign of something much more serious medically. If it is, he should seriously consider stepping down from his leadership post.
For me, what established old Mitch as just a regular guy, was the interview with him I heard on the radio once. He said his favorite part of the football match was the pre-game tailgating.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:50 am

Very distasteful with how Dems have made light of the situation with Mitch. I disagree with much of what he says, but we need to understand how utterly obnoxious things would be with someone like Ted Cruz up there.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:53 am

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:56 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:50 am
Very distasteful with how Dems have made light of the situation with Mitch. I disagree with much of what he says, but we need to
understand how utterly obnoxious things would be with someone like Ted Cruz up there.
Agreed.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:42 pm

I hope it was not lost on anyone the nature of the question asked prior to today's vapor lock...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mitch-mcc ... -reporters

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:58 pm

Holy fuck - in the first pic on the link it looks like his face is melting into his neck.

The answer to the reelection question has to be no, right?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:58 pm
The answer to the reelection question has to be no, right?
We can only hope. Frankly at a bare minimum, he should step down from his leadership role, effective immediately.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:05 pm

Thune would be in charge if Mitch steps down, wouldn't he?
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic