Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump’s Backdoor to Victory: Third Party “No Labels” Ticket

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Trump’s Backdoor to Victory: Third Party “No Labels” Ticket

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:11 am

Very scary CBS report that I just watched. Joe Manchin(D) and Jon Huntsman(current independent, former Republican) are meeting this weekend at a “No Labels” conference to test the waters for a third party ticket. They will not field a ticket until after Super Tuesday.

https://youtu.be/JcimMwBVGIQ

Such a ticket would split the moderate vote and open the path for Trump and the alt right which is committed.
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Round Six

Re: Trump’s Backdoor to Victory: Third Party “No Labels” Ticket

Post by Round Six » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:31 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:11 am
Very scary CBS report that I just watched. Joe Manchin(D) and Jon Huntsman(current independent, former Republican) are meeting this weekend at a “No Labels” conference to test the waters for a third party ticket. They will not field a ticket until after Super Tuesday.

https://youtu.be/JcimMwBVGIQ
I dunno.
I ponder just how many voters look at Biden and Trump and think "Anyone else please".
Think back to Ross Perot. The dude dropped out twice and still got 19%.
It is a goofy name for a political party though.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:24 am

It's not that I think "anyone else, please", it's that I ponder how these are the two front runners. In a country of over 300 million people, we wound up with "It's not FAIR, I'm the VICTIM!!!" or "Oh, no! Who shit my pants?".
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:40 am

Hmm No Labels would actually pull me from the Republicans in 2024. I remember John Kasich and former CO governor Hickenlooper discussing something similar a few years ago and I liked the idea.

A recent episode of The Takeout with Major Garrett of CBS had him interviewing former MD governor Hogan about No Labels and it was an interesting idea. Check out the Podcast if interested.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:57 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:24 am
It's not that I think "anyone else, please", it's that I ponder how these are the two front runners. In a country of over 300 million people, we wound up with "It's not FAIR, I'm the VICTIM!!!" or "Oh, no! Who shit my pants?".
Pretty much what I meant.
Unless things change, Biden will be the Democratic nominee and Trump will be the Republican nominee. In a country of 300 million people, most don't want either.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:25 am

I'm 100% in favor of a legitimate third option if the main two are Trump and Biden.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:22 am

I believe a ticket like that would give decent Republicans a place to go. I cant see it pulling many Democrats
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:14 pm

I think this is a spankin' good idea. I'd very much enjoy Trump spectacularly going down in flames exactly like the preponderance of other third-party candidates have in the past. Cherry on the cake will be watching the fallout for peripheral players and toadies. Who do folks like buttboy Lindsey Graham throw in with? The major parties can be pretty harsh on defectors.

Right now the only thing similar in terms of two scorpions fighting in a jar is the PGA/LIV kerfuffle. Turns out there is a way to make everyone hate you because I don't see any winners either way be it golf or politics.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:40 pm

I just don't feel like another 12-18 months of "Everything involving me is unfair. I'm always being cheated. If I win, it's right. If I lose, I was cheated". I can't do it again.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:54 pm

That's understandable MHz.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic