Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SCOTUS puts conservatives in a corner again.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

SCOTUS puts conservatives in a corner again.

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:45 pm

It seems that Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch find themselves in the minority in yet another ruling. Frat boy Brett is turning out to be a Catholic leaning moderate.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a legal theory that would have radically reshaped how federal elections are conducted by giving state legislatures largely unchecked power to set rules for federal elections and to draw congressional maps warped by partisan gerrymandering.

The vote was 6 to 3, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. writing the majority opinion. The Constitution, he said, “does not exempt state legislatures from the ordinary constraints imposed by state law.”

Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel A. Alito Jr. and Neil M. Gorsuch dissented.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Re: SCOTUS puts conservatives in a corner again.

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:30 pm

The left is singing a very different tune today.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:46 pm

Kinda expected what they ruled on affirmative action. The gay rights and religious rights rulings should be interesting and very telling.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:32 pm

I believe Universities has discovered a new plan to replace Affirmative Action that will hold.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:45 pm
It seems that Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch find themselves in the minority in yet another ruling. Frat boy Brett is turning out to be a Catholic leaning moderate.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a legal theory that would have radically reshaped how federal elections are conducted by giving state legislatures largely unchecked power to set rules for federal elections and to draw congressional maps warped by partisan gerrymandering.

The vote was 6 to 3, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. writing the majority opinion. The Constitution, he said, “does not exempt state legislatures from the ordinary constraints imposed by state law.”

Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel A. Alito Jr. and Neil M. Gorsuch dissented.
You're hoping to deflect, and casually not mention the ruling on basically eliminating "Affirmative Action" in college admissions ruled on by the SCOTUS today (6-29)
The Left in the minority on another ruling, as you like to say....

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:32 pm
I believe Universities has discovered a new plan to replace Affirmative Action that will hold.
You HOPE a new plan has been discovered TC....
Just thought I'd fix that for you
I await your usual name calling clever replies.... :rollin

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:09 pm

I'd like an explanation why Roberts said military academies could be exempt from the ruling.

I also think it reinforces what a trash fuck Clarence Thomas is by not recusing himself from the vote despite his wife's involvement in anti affirmative action causes.
Last edited by Honeyman on Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:09 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Actually, theres an entire group of schools which already transitioned to a different way to help create access after the civil suits by white people who just couldn't make the cut.

And so that I don't disappoint, isn't this forum too "Thinky" for the likes of you?
Last edited by TC Talks on Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:13 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:09 pm
I'd like an explanation why Roberts said military academies could be exempt from the ruling.

I also think it reinforces what a trash fuck Clarence Thomas is by not recusing himself from the vote despite his wife's involvement in anti affirmative action causes.
The military is exempt from most normal laws.
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:14 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:13 pm
Honeyman wrote:
The military is exempt from most normal laws.
I guess so. But Jackson nailed him, “The Court has come to rest on the bottom-line conclusion that racial diversity in higher education is only worth potentially preserving insofar as it might be needed to prepare Black Americans and other underrepresented minorities for success in the bunker, not the boardroom."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:00 am

TC Talks wrote:
lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Actually, theres an entire group of schools which already transitioned to a different way to help create access after the civil suits by white people who just couldn't make the cut.

And so that I don't disappoint, isn't this forum too "Thinky" for the likes of you?
The folks at the center of this case were minorities (Asians) that felt other minorities (particularly Blacks) were getting preferential treatment because of their race and not their abilities thus keeping the Asian kids out despite how much more they had achieved. This was a good ruling. We can’t truly be post-racial if we are gonna obsess about race all the time. Affirmative Action ceased being a plausible strategy in about 1972.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:05 am

Nailed it Rate This

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:27 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:00 am
This was a good ruling. We can’t truly be post-racial if we are gonna obsess about race all the time. Affirmative Action ceased being a plausible strategy in about 1972.
You keep that up and you're likely to get kicked out of the George Wallace Party.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:24 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:00 am

The folks at the center of this case were minorities (Asians) that felt other minorities (particularly Blacks) were getting preferential treatment because of their race and not their abilities thus keeping the Asian kids out despite how much more they had achieved. This was a good ruling. We can’t truly be post-racial if we are gonna obsess about race all the time. Affirmative Action ceased being a plausible strategy in about 1972.
Great post.

Now if we can the media to stop talking about skin pigment color when someone gets a new job. First ______ mayor, VP, city council, commissioner, fire chief ...

Mention their name and call it day.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:12 am

All potential students of disadvantaged socioeconomic status should be given equal consideration when applying for college admissions, not strictly those of a certain skin color.

The Supreme Court ruled correctly.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic