Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Attacks on Bobby Kennedy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Attacks on Bobby Kennedy

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:27 am

I guess the left doesn't allow other voices, even from their own. You can't question Covid lockdowns or else there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: Attacks on Bobby Kennedy

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:30 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:27 am
I guess the left doesn't allow other voices, even from their own. You can't question Covid lockdowns or else there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
He’s also a vaccine denier… the guy is a fry short of a happy meal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:11 am

Can somebody point me to specifically what he has said that makes him a "vaccine denier"? I spent about 10 minutes google searching for his views on vaccines this morning and my search results come up shockingly short of specifics. Everywhere I look I see that he is alleged to be an "anti vaccine activist" and "spreading disinformation" and sometimes these phrases appear 5 or 10 times in a news article, but the articles never actually say what he has specifically said that makes him those things. All I've been able to come up with is that in 2005 he claimed a link between vaccines and autism.

And any time I see somebody being accused of "spreading disinformation," my BS detection meter is immediately on high alert as that seems to be the left's version of "fake news."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:38 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:11 am
Can somebody point me to specifically what he has said that makes him a "vaccine denier"? I spent about 10 minutes google searching for his views on vaccines this morning and my search results come up shockingly short of specifics. Everywhere I look I see that he is alleged to be an "anti vaccine activist" and "spreading disinformation" and sometimes these phrases appear 5 or 10 times in a news article, but the articles never actually say what he has specifically said that makes him those things. All I've been able to come up with is that in 2005 he claimed a link between vaccines and autism.

And any time I see somebody being accused of "spreading disinformation," my BS detection meter is immediately on high alert as that seems to be the left's version of "fake news."
Check out the 4 notations in the first paragraph:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_Jr.
The censorship king from out of state.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:47 am

Wikipedia is very politically biased now to the Left.

And it's very limited if you actually know much about a subject. This is particularly true with many radio station articles.

It's only useful as a supplement to other information on many topics.

A person who is against particular vaccines is not an "anti-vaxxer", that is just a buzzword. I remember when several Democrats said that they wouldn't get the "Trump Vaccine". But that's gone down George Orwell's "Memory Hole".
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:59 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:47 am
Wikipedia is very politically biased now to the Left.

And it's very limited if you actually know much about a subject. This is particularly true with many radio station articles.

It's only useful as a supplement to other information on many topics.

A person who is against particular vaccines is not an "anti-vaxxer", that is just a buzzword. I remember when several Democrats said that they wouldn't get the "Trump Vaccine". But that's gone down George Orwell's "Memory Hole".
The notations I cited came from Scientific American and the AP among others.
The censorship king from out of state.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:10 pm

Do your own research...

RFK Jr says the water is making boys transgender.. but not girls.
RFK Jr says your cell phone is making you deaf and giving you cancer.
RFJ Jr claimed an ingredient in many vaccines (thimerosal) causes autism, when that ingredient had been removed from all vaccines years before.

Oh that's right, you folks are lazy.. here you go.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -science1/

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:11 pm

The first article talks about what I've already mentioned - Kennedy's claims that there is a link between vaccines and autism. It's a silly claim with very little evidence to back it up, but I'm not sure that takes him into the realm of "vaccine denier."

The second article (the AP piece) comes across as a hit piece/propaganda piece very short on specifics. The author there conflates Kennedy's claim that it is criminal to give Covid-19 vaccines to children with the strawman argument that the Covid vaccine is bad for everybody. Has Kennedy actually suggested that nobody should have gotten the Covid 19 vaccine, or are his comments limited to children not getting it? While I disagree with the assertion that such an act is "criminal," the actual level of benefit of a Covid vaccine for children is certainly debatable given the CDC's own numbers suggesting a near-zero Covid-mortality rate for children - a debate point that people like the author of that article do not want to have.

I skimmed through the anti-vaccine playbook link. Much like the AP piece, what I saw was the usual straw man talking points.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:14 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:10 pm
Do your own research...

RFJ Jr claimed an ingredient in many vaccines (thimerosal) causes autism, when that ingredient had been removed from all vaccines years before.

Oh here we go, Mr. Smug has entered the building. I didn't research Kennedy's claims on transgenderism or cell phones causing deafness or cancer since that wasn't the topic of this conversation. And I already acknowledged his debunked claims on vaccines causing autism.

To be clear, I'm not a Kennedy fan, nor am I defending him. I was responding to nothing more than RT's specific claim that Kennedy is a "vaccine denier." There's a wide gulf between being skeptical of vaccines (even when said skepticism isn't rooted in science or has outright been debunked) and denying their benefits.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:14 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:10 pm
Do your own research...

Oh here we go, Mr. Smug has entered the building. I didn't research Kennedy's claims on transgenderism or cell phones causing deafness or cancer since that wasn't the topic of this conversation. And I already acknowledged his debunked claims on vaccines causing autism.

To be clear, I'm not a Kennedy fan, nor am I defending him. I was responding to nothing more than RT's specific claim that Kennedy is a "vaccine denier." There's a wide gulf between being skeptical of vaccines (even when said skepticism isn't rooted in science or has outright been debunked) and denying their benefits.
And wrong too:
The pharmaceutical corporation Eli Lilly and Company named it Merthiolate. It has been used as a preservative in vaccines, immunoglobulin preparations, skin test antigens, antivenins, ophthalmic and nasal products, and tattoo inks.[5] In spite of the scientific consensus that fears about its safety are unsubstantiated,[6][7][8][9] its use as a vaccine preservative has been called into question by anti-vaccination groups. A statement issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the US Public Health Service in 1999 prompted the removal of thimerosal from many vaccines[1][10] It remains in use as a preservative for annual flu vaccines.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiomersal
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:49 pm

RFK Jr. has good reason to question what the government has done.

The CIA recently admitted that they had some kind of involvement in the JFK assassination. He's probably privy to a lot of inside information that we are not. And when both your father and your uncle were assassinated, you have reason to be skeptical. And there are many articles and books based on SCIENCE that have come out recently that seem to disprove the single bullet theory. The best thing the single bullet theory can claim is the Emmy awarded animation by your former Michigan radio colleague Dale K. Myers. You can do anything with animation, even things that violate the Laws of Physics, the basis of the rest of SCIENCE.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:04 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:49 pm
RFK Jr. has good reason to question what the government has done.

The CIA recently admitted that they had some kind of involvement in the JFK assassination. He's probably privy to a lot of inside information that we are not. And when both your father and your uncle were assassinated, you have reason to be skeptical. And there are many articles and books based on SCIENCE that have come out recently that seem to disprove the single bullet theory. The best thing the single bullet theory can claim is the Emmy awarded animation by your former Michigan radio colleague Dale K. Myers. You can do anything with animation, even things that violate the Laws of Physics, the basis of the rest of SCIENCE.
When is it time to return to your bunker? How have you been managing now that the price of tin foil has more than doubled?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:41 pm

If you took the most basic courses in Physics, you would know that a "tinfoil hat" doesn't work. You need a much larger metal cage around your whole body. A "tinfoil hat" is just a roughly hemispheric shape metal cage. It actually creates standing waves inside it, not a zero electromagnetic field. If you had Physics at all, you must have slept through it, and probably the whole course.

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:16 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:41 pm
If you took the most basic courses in Physics, you would know that a "tinfoil hat" doesn't work. You need a much larger metal cage around your whole body. A "tinfoil hat" is just a roughly hemispheric shape metal cage. It actually creates standing waves inside it, not a zero electromagnetic field. If you had Physics at all, you must have slept through it, and probably the whole course.
Tremendous! But no physics for me. When I was a GM and Owner we hired these types and gave them a little poorly ventilated room in the back with no windows, but plenty of RF, and a soldering iron (with real lead solder). After a few years back there, some of them started getting a little whacky.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:16 am

No physics for me.
Figures. You have to have an IQ of 100 just to pass the most basic course. Yet you purport to know about SCIENCE.

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic