Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gephardt: No Labels Ticket Helps Elect DJT in 2024 if They Go Forward

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Gephardt: No Labels Ticket Helps Elect DJT in 2024 if They Go Forward

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:34 am

Former US House leader Dick Gephardt fears No Labels ticket will lead to Trump being elected as president in 2024. He has done nonpartisan polling, and Biden would lose by 5-6%.

https://youtu.be/yFHHUerfREw

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Re: Gephardt: No Labels Ticket Helps Elect DJT in 2024 if They Go Forward

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:46 am

This is how you can tell the left is scared of no labels and they know it can win. Yesterday, William Galston was spewing the same nonsense in the WSJ, and democrat parrot RT has been saying the same thing. The whole point is that most Americans think Biden and Trump are BOTH unacceptable choices and do NOT want that binary choice.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:46 am
This is how you can tell the left is scared of no labels and they know it can win. Yesterday, William Galston was spewing the same nonsense in the WSJ, and democrat parrot RT has been saying the same thing. The whole point is that most Americans think Biden and Trump are BOTH unacceptable choices and do NOT want that binary choice.
Ditto.
Like you just said, most Americans (dare I say over 75%) do not want either Trump or Biden. I think most Americans would like it to not be a Democrat or Republican, no matter who the candidate is. Another political party would upset the system they have now. Neither party wants that. And neither does the media.

Personally, I think they should of called themselves the Labor Party. Champions of the worker. That sort of thing. But No Labels is what it is. See how it works out.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:40 pm

I hate to interrupt imagination hour here in fantasy land, but No Labels has somewhere between a 0 and a 0 percent chance of having any meaningful impact on the election. And if 3/4 Americans didn't want Biden or Trump, then they wouldn't both have enormous leads in primary polling.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:40 pm
I hate to interrupt imagination hour here in fantasy land, but No Labels has somewhere between a 0 and a 0 percent chance of having any meaningful impact on the election. And if 3/4 Americans didn't want Biden or Trump, then they wouldn't both have enormous leads in primary polling.
Primaries mean very little in terms of interest in those two losers.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:49 pm

bmw wrote:
True, but they can change an election. See the 1992 election. President Clinton likely wouldn’t have won if not for Perot. We are looking at the opposite here.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:52 pm

bmw wrote:
I’m gonna second this… no labels is DOA. Oh and they have funding from right wing billionaires supporting Trump trying to peel off Biden voters to get him to win… how bout that…

Third parties don’t work in this country. And as hard as other countries have it putting together a functional governing coalition be glad we have 2 and only 2 parties of relevance.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Completely disagree. Nader very well might have swayed the election between Bush/Gore. And that Green Party ticket candidate could have made the difference in 2016.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:49 pm
bmw wrote:
Completely disagree. Nader very well might have swayed the election between Bush/Gore. And that Green Party ticket candidate could have made the difference in 2016.
He might have swayed it in Florida… well but probably not… the hanging chads had a bunch of Gore voters going Buchanan…

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:41 pm

2000 was an anomaly that I doubt will ever happen again in my lifetime (ie, the Presidential election being decided by roughly 500 votes in one state).

Third party is a waste of time and a waste of a vote. If you want somebody other than Trump or Biden, pick a party and vote for one of its other candidates in the primaries.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:48 pm

Leave it to someone like Gephardt. Dude was Republican lite in 2004. It's only gone further to the right in the last 20 years. Your first clue should be that Joe fucking Manchin is involved. That guy is a Democrat like I'm a 6' 5" fat Chinese guy with red hair.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:41 pm
2000 was an anomaly that I doubt will ever happen again in my lifetime
You said they had "somewhere between a 0 and a 0 percent chance of having any meaningful impact on the election" but admit they changed who the person was that was sitting in the White House for 8 years.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:53 pm
bmw wrote:
2000 was an anomaly that I doubt will ever happen again in my lifetime (ie, the Presidential election being decided by roughly 500 votes in one state).
You said they had "somewhere between a 0 and a 0 percent chance of having any meaningful impact on the election" but admit they changed who the person was sitting in the White House for 8 years.
It's probably because Trump supporters are fervent. They wouldn't vote for Jesus Christ Himself if He ran against Trump.

The other folks would vote for a dog turd covered with mustard if Trump was the other choice.

That's what he means by 0/0. Nobody is gonna say "You know, maybe I've been wrong".

Then again, we didn't think it could get worse than Bush and Gore. Fuck me sideways..we were W-R-O-N-G.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:05 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:53 pm
bmw wrote:
You said they had "somewhere between a 0 and a 0 percent chance of having any meaningful impact on the election" but admit they changed who the person was sitting in the White House for 8 years.
It's probably because Trump supporters are fervent. They wouldn't vote for Jesus Christ Himself if He ran against Trump.

The other folks would vote for a dog turd covered with mustard if Trump was the other choice.

That's what he means by 0/0. Nobody is gonna say "You know, maybe I've been wrong".

Then again, we didn't think it could get worse than Bush and Gore. Fuck me sideways..we were W-R-O-N-G.
I live in California and usually vote third party. I won't lie and say I don't care if the Republican or Democrat wins, but knowing my vote won't make a difference, feel I am making a bigger statement by voting Green, Peace and Freedom, etc. However, we live in a country with a fucked up electoral college system, which allows for such "anomolies" as happened in 2000. Until that antiquated, ridiculous system is rectified, we might continue to get idiots like Bush or fascists like Trump elected.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:57 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:49 pm
bmw wrote:
He might have swayed it in Florida… well but probably not… the hanging chads had a bunch of Gore voters going Buchanan…
Yep. It was an inordinate amount of Buchanan votes.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic