Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Treasonous Trump indicted

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Treasonous Trump indicted

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:43 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:49 pm
Sen Rubio gave a pretty good perspective here...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-ind ... rco-rubio/
Let’s all try to store items like that randomly and see what happens then… any prosecution would surely be political :roll:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:50 pm

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:24 pm

Someone is gonna have to set the standard of decency at some point. Every day I open this forum and it's the same shit. What about....yeah, but....MY candidate is different because....come on. Once is an accident. Twice is a habit. We keep propping up scumbags because my scumbag is a little less scummy than yours. Or so I say. And while all this nitpicking is going on, we are getting fucked. And if you think Donald Trump or Joe Biden is going to make it all magically better, I have some bad, bad news for you.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:51 pm

Since it will be a Florida jury, which will become hung no doubt, the debate is moot.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:51 pm
Since it will be a Florida jury, which will become hung no doubt, the debate is moot.
Funny thing… even MAGA loving jurors seem to believe their eyes when they actually get to see the evidence.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Funny thing… even MAGA loving jurors seem to believe their eyes when they actually get to see the evidence.
Those morons? Are you kidding. We are talking Florida Maga worshipers.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Those morons? Are you kidding. We are talking Florida Maga worshipers.
They’ll also weed them out or die trying.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:08 pm

I think it worth pointing out that the Pence classified documents case was closed out last month with no charges. The Biden one is ongoing. If there were truly a double standard they’d have popped Pence and closed Biden’s out quickly.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:42 pm

Like the former prosecutor said, to take the documents is a mistake and has never been prosecuted. To repeatedly lie and mislead Federal prosecutors is an entirely different situation and that is the one Trump finds himself in.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:42 pm
Like the former prosecutor said, to take the documents is a mistake and has never been prosecuted. To repeatedly lie and mislead Federal prosecutors is an entirely different situation and that is the one Trump finds himself in.
And they’ve prosecuted this kind of case before.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:04 am

Here's another fun little tidbit. While the answer to the question of whether Trump could pardon himself if he won the election is one that legal scholars don't agree on, Trump would have an easy way around this: The 25th Amendment:
Section 3

Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.
Trump simply submits such a written statement to those two individuals, his VP pardons him, then he submits a written statement that he once again is able to perform the duties of President. Major political controversy, but no legal controversy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:07 am

And not the way a person should get the gig. He needs to step away until this is settled. That would be the adult thing to do.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:13 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:07 am
And not the way a person should get the gig. He needs to step away until this is settled. That would be the adult thing to do.
Does that seem like Trump?

Also… Magistrate Judge Johnathan Goodman will be presiding over todays hearing as he is the judge on duty this week. Cannon is still lead judge.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:24 am

Not at all which is why I sad the adult thing to do

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:13 pm

Here's the reaction from Trump's own former federal prosecutor Mary McCord, who served as assistant attorney general for national security from 2016 to 2017....
Q: What was your reaction to the indictment?

McCord: The indictment was, frankly, even stronger than I expected, and by stronger I mean the evidence of obstructive conduct — failure to cooperate, failure to return classified information that had been requested, was far more fulsome than even I had imagined and went back much further in time. So my reaction was, first of all, “Wow, Mr. Trump was in this from the beginning.” That whole defense that was floated by his attorneys that in the rush of getting out of the White House, this was all by mistake, and he was cooperative later on — the indictment, if the allegations can be proved, really puts the lie to that.
She also said the case is very strong.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic