Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Treasonous Trump indicted

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Treasonous Trump indicted

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:23 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:56 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:35 pm
... Unless you are an attorney with real expertise in these matters, I don't think your opinion is any better than anyone else's on this board ....

.... I know you don't think Trump can win, and that is why you have turned against him.
Trump will not win in 2024. Your missing something Ben. Everyone casting a vote is not an attorney. Whether the charges and allegations against him are true, false or embellished, it doesn't matter.

Because of the indictments, true or false, Donald Trump will never get nearly as many votes in 2024 as he did in 2020. It's not going to happen. The GOP has to get together and connive some way to screw him out of the nomination. If they weren't using their heads for self proctology, they'd grab some pom-poms and join the Democrats chanting "Convict Convict".

It's all about getting the White House. That's the goal. Remember? If Trump is the GOP nominee, that goal is lost. You know it as well as I do.

Yeah, Donald's faithful can cry Foul all they want. But right or wrong, he will not win next year. That's reality.
You don't know the future.

Heres a perfectly plausable scenario. This treasonous, lying, narcissistic, disgrace to the country will get the nomination of a party as fucked up as the Republicans. Biden could stroke out or die in the summer of 24 and the idiot Dems would run Kamala. Trump wins the election. Apocalypse in 2025.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:48 pm
I agree that Trump may be the victim of a selective prosecution, but Republicans/Conservatives also need to recognize that it is long past time to move on from Trump.
FIFY
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:38 pm
bmw wrote:
I agree that Trump may be the victim of a selective prosecution, but Republicans/Conservatives also need to recognize that it is long past time to move on from Trump.
FIFY
I'll ask you the same question I asked RT the other day - why do you think Trump continues to still have the support he has from so many people?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:53 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:38 pm
bmw wrote:
FIFY
I'll ask you the same question I asked RT the other day - why do you think Trump continues to still have the support he has from so many people?
Trump is a commercial product that 35% of people refuse to see ANY glaring flaws and will support no matter what. People think he cares about them and the country at large. The reality is that Trump had a number of decent people around him that steered him toward a lot of conservative priorities, including most prominently, VP Pence.

Trump would have skated to a second term if he hadn't delegated covid handling to Fauci. When he lost, he should have accepted defeat knowing that he had lost to a corpse, and he'd be the unquestioned nominee in 2024, had he gone gracefully.

As we know, he did NOT go gracefully. His lack of acceptance of his loss cost Republicans a greater majority in the house and the majority in the Senate in 2022. Closer to home, his meddling in Michigan re-elected Dana Nessel and gave the Democrats a razor thin majority in the MI House and Senate.

Republicans should be FURIOUS about what this egomaniac has done to the right in this country. He made a lot of good decisions as president, but he also made some REALLY BAD decisions. I can't think of one good decision he has made since he lost the election.

In closing, I don't know what it will take for the 35% to turn on Trump, to see that the Trump they adore and think can do no wrong is just a facade.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:17 pm

As a separate comment, William Barr thinks Trump is in trouble:
On Sunday morning, Mr. Trump’s former attorney general, William P. Barr, weighed in on Fox News Sunday, saying he was “shocked by the degree of sensitivity of these documents and how many there were.”

“If even half of it is true, he’s toast,” Mr. Barr said. “It is a very detailed indictment, and it’s very, very damning. This idea of presenting Trump as a victim here — a victim of a witch hunt — is ridiculous.”
Source: NYT article titled "The 2024 G.O.P. Field Faces a Choice: Law and Order or Loyalty"

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Another Phony Indictment

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:36 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:53 pm
I hope Trump made copies of everything. They probably implicate criminal activity of his enemies.
There seems to be evidence that there was a full blown Xerox machine in one of the rooms the documents were stored...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:38 pm

Matt - I can't say that I particularly disagree with any specific thing you said. Though I would add one thing to that - Trump's supporters apparently haven't found anyone in the Republican party who in their opinion can replace Trump.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:38 pm

This also seems like an appropriate time to re-quote something I posted some months back.
As president, Trump would technically oversee the Federal Bureau of Prisons. So if he were in federal custody, Trump could look for loopholes to improve his setup.

"I assume he could designate the White House" as a Bureau of Prisons facility where "he's the only inmate," Frank Bowman, a law professor at the University of Missouri, said.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:38 pm
Matt - I can't say that I particularly disagree with any specific thing you said. Though I would add one thing to that - Trump's supporters apparently haven't found anyone in the Republican party who in their opinion can replace Trump.
So will they nominate his dead body or something? Or will enough of the supporters die off to break the hold? Yes… the situation is reaching the longevity point to where we would have somebody need to croak to end it whether him or his mostly elderly followers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:06 pm

The funny thing is, if he loses in 2024, there's nothing outside of death to keep him from running again in 2028.

TC Talks

Re: Another Phony Indictment

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:09 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:02 pm
Here is an actual fact based discussion on why Trump was charged vs Hillary or Bidenwho weren't. He refused reasonable requests to return the material. What an idiot.
So are you suggesting that if Trump, like Hillary, had simply destroyed all the remaining documents that he didn't turn over rather than later try to hide them, that then the FBI found after a year-long investigation other copies of many of the documents Trump destroyed, that he wouldn't have been charged?

YOU are the idiot.
Yet, he was asked repeatedly and lied repeatedly. She cooperated. See how that works?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:06 pm
The funny thing is, if he loses in 2024, there's nothing outside of death to keep him from running again in 2028.
So let’s say he loses in 2024… would this become 2020 part 2 and then he immediately starts running for 2028 while telling us it was stolen yet again? At some point something has to give here…

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:00 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:38 pm
I would suggest that they haven't looked.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:29 am

So DeSantis becomes an also ran?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:49 pm

Sen Rubio gave a pretty good perspective here...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-ind ... rco-rubio/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic