Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New York ordered to rehire and pay backpay to city workers fired for refusing vaccine

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

New York ordered to rehire and pay backpay to city workers fired for refusing vaccine

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:47 pm

This sure didn't get much media coverage. Even the New York Times didn't cover it, which is quite unbelievable given the ruling and the fact it was in - you know - New York.
The New York State supreme court has ordered New York City to rehire and pay back wages to government employees who were fired for refusing to get vaccinated against Covid-19...

“The Health Commissioner cannot create a new condition of employment for city employees, . . . cannot prohibit an employee from reporting to work . . . [and] cannot terminate employees. The Mayor cannot exempt certain employees from these orders,” reads the opinion, which was authored by Judge Ralph J. Porzio.
https://news.yahoo.com/york-supreme-cou ... 24343.html

Better late than never, I guess.

audiophile

Re: New York ordered to rehire and pay backpay to city workers fired for refusing vaccine

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Some radio stations did cover it :blink

But you're right it was hard to find.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Re: New York ordered to rehire and pay backpay to city workers fired for refusing vaccine

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:59 pm

What did you expect? They were pretty heavily invested in telling us pro choice vaccine people we were evil for not getting vaccinated to help our fellow man. Now that it's been proven that it didn't do one damn thing to stop the spread, they have egg on their dick.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:59 pm
What did you expect? They were pretty heavily invested in telling us pro choice vaccine people we were evil for not getting vaccinated to help our fellow man. Now that it's been proven that it didn't do one damn thing to stop the spread, they have egg on their dick.
It wasn’t to stop the spread you idiot. The point was to lessen your chances of getting severe symptoms if you got it. That part worked just fine. No evil involved… just blanket stupidity where it would not have existed 30 years ago. That was when everybody got vaccinated against things… it’s just what we did.

You want the good old days back real bad… guess what that includes? Vaccine mandates in schools or you’re not going.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:27 pm
It wasn’t to stop the spread you idiot. The point was to lessen your chances of getting severe symptoms if you got it. That part worked just fine. No evil involved… just blanket stupidity where it would not have existed 30 years ago. That was when everybody got vaccinated against things… it’s just what we did.

You want the good old days back real bad… guess what that includes? Vaccine mandates in schools or you’re not going.
If getting vaccinated does not reduce your risk of giving Covid to someone else, what is the point of a vaccine mandate?

As to other vaccines - yes, I do want the good old days back. You know, the days where you get vaccinated once and you're good for life. If you need a booster every year or every few years, it really isn't a vaccine; it's a shot.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:05 pm
Rate This wrote:

If getting vaccinated does not reduce your risk of giving Covid to someone else, what is the point of a vaccine mandate?

As to other vaccines - yes, I do want the good old days back. You know, the days where you get vaccinated once and you're good for life. If you need a booster every year or every few years, it really isn't a vaccine; it's a shot.
The point is to protect the populace and maybe reduce the risk of transmission a bit. But the reality is that the medical system was burdened... if you get people vaccinated so that they are less likely to need a trip to the ER you ease that burden. For some reason that's a bad thing in your opinion. I will never understand why.

There are booster shots for lots of other things. Didn't you ever see one of those vaccine cards you had as a kid where you sometimes needed 3 shots for something? It was done in a vaccine series. This is different since it changes so much. So the vaccine protects you against strain A but not strain D nearly as well. So they develop one for D and you get that. Sorry its such a bother for you. I'm sure that 20 minutes will come in handy for something else... like hanging out with us here. You need a Tetanus shot every 10 years for example. Sometimes you have get off your ass and do some Maintanance to yourself.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:43 pm

Rate This wrote:

It wasn’t to stop the spread you idiot. The point was to lessen your chances of getting severe symptoms if you got it.
Of course it wasn't. BUT, THAT"S NOT WHAT THEY WERE SELLING...
US President Joe Biden said in July 2021 that “you’re not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations”.

White House chief medical adviser Dr Anthony Fauci said in May 2021 that vaccinated people become “dead ends” for the virus.

CDC director Rochelle Walensky said in March 2021 that “vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick”.
Right up there with if you like your plan you can keep your plan.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:43 pm
Rate This wrote:

It wasn’t to stop the spread you idiot. The point was to lessen your chances of getting severe symptoms if you got it.
Of course it wasn't. BUT, THAT"S NOT WHAT THEY WERE SELLING...
US President Joe Biden said in July 2021 that “you’re not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations”.

White House chief medical adviser Dr Anthony Fauci said in May 2021 that vaccinated people become “dead ends” for the virus.

CDC director Rochelle Walensky said in March 2021 that “vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick”.
Right up there with if you like your plan you can keep your plan.
Last time I tried to explain why you couldn’t keep your plan using the governments own verbiage you blocked me. They called it junk insurance because it didn’t meet the minimum standards they set for health insurance effective with the implementation of the ACA, I was the messenger and you shot me. Looks like Fauci was right. This is a dead end.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:58 am

Just lost my friend to COVID yesterday (Thursday morning). He was unvaccinated. I can't help but think that anti vaxxers played a role in his death. Would he have made the decision on his own without the propaganda?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic